What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serious Question: Is the NRL rigged/corrupt?

Big Bloke

Juniors
There are so many posts on this forum other forums, and of course Facebook about the game being corrupt, results already organised, certain teams being favoured etc.

But is this is all true?

Is the hierarchy at the NRL smart enough to organise all this and cover it up?

Day after day, week after week, we see things happen, refereeing decisions, match review committee decisions, but is there any real hard evidence that someone higher up behind-the-scenes is pulling the strings?

I’d like to think it’s not the case, but things keep happening, and I really think your everyday punter is becoming more disillusioned with how the game is run.

How do we stop all of this so we can get back to enjoying the game?

Is there anything anyone can do or has the game become so woke that the NRL themselves don’t know how to fix it?

I don't think it is any of that, I do think fans can view that the game day can be manipulated too easy.
The main way they have done this is the new 6 again rule that was introduced in the mid season of the covid-related season of 2020.

How many times have you asked yourself "what was that for?"
But the game has rolled on and there is never a question about it.
I honestly feel that rule has made it very hard for fans to digest that "honesty has prevailed"

I am not a fan of the new 6 again rule

roboshark

Coach
I don't think rigged but they have changed the game so much lately to make it easier for games to be manipulated. The six again rule, the bunker, the disruptor, the laying down for pens, the favouritism for referee appointments

They have wrecked the game more so than rigging it

SharkShocked

Bench
Unconscious bias and the media narratives have a large effect on the way the games are refereed.

It’s a well know fact that the referees used to utilise tip sheets for the referees to be aware of players habits to “assist” with their adjudicating. This is where a preconceived mentality comes in before a ball is kicked and taints the integrity of it

The sport has lost its way on referees being adjudicators and they now coach and massage the game into directions at times.

It is not a surprise that some games see late comebacks as they can create wild momentum swings with a simple 6 again.

dinghydi

Juniors
You might be on to something there! Give them a soft draw so they don't get good crowds and are not prepared for the finals .

King Ben

Juniors
If it was scripted, Penrith definitely wouldn't be in line to win 4 grand finals in a row. Brisbane would've won last year and the Warriors probably would've won this year.

Latest posts