What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey

The traditional sky blue, black hoops and white band clashes with whom?

I do like the black version....but really, where is the clash, so players will not know whom to pass too?

we dont clash with anybody.
maybe the bulldogs. a little. if we wear our home and they wear theirs with more blue in it.

its dumb.

colour is different.

and f**k the league and the titans. now they have a charity on the front of their strip, which we have previously asked to do and been told no.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Went and picked up the new away jersey this morning. I got a medium which is what I usually am, and its fairly big. It's not overly big but its bordering on it. Sleeves are quite baggy but apart from that its not too bad.

Love the design, reminds me of the old Reebok one.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I’m very much in favour of traditional kits, but if we were to have a year without a traditional kit, I could definitely get on board with these designs…
Yeah same. If we ever do try something for a season or 2, they should have the classic as the ‘heritage’ (like Canberra did this year) incase we make the GF. I’m really glad we were wearing a true Sharks jersey in 2016

Chimp

Bench
Yeah same. If we ever do try something for a season or 2, they should have the classic as the ‘heritage’ (like Canberra did this year) incase we make the GF. I’m really glad we were wearing a true Sharks jersey in 2016
On a related theme, I actually think any shirt that goes away from traditional should be a ‘celebration’ jersey of a former player, maybe do it every 3rd year. So 2 years of traditional strips and then the third year is the ‘Steve Rogers’ jersey, with something in the design to represent him. In the 6th year, the ‘Tommy Bishop’ jersey, 9th year, the ‘Paul Gallen’ etc… Adds a bit of a prestige to a non-traditional kit and makes them become somewhat of a collectors item.

R-15-3

Juniors
1998 HeritageView attachment 55155

My idea of the perfect jersey in the unlikely situation that the sponsors are lenient with their coloursView attachment 55154
And an away with the same thinkingView attachment 55156
Definitely prefer when the jersey is 1 main colour of black or blue with the V or horizontal line or arm bands in another colour over any of the designs where it’s top and bottom are different colours.
And the white should never be the main colour the more white the worse they look.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Which one do you refer to as the classic? To me there is only 1. The original Sharks jersey from 1967

Try and jazz this up for me. If you do I'll give you a bowl of Pho

Monty Porter.jpg

Last edited:

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Which one do you refer to as the classic? To me there is only 1. The original Sharks jersey from 1967

Try and jazz this up for me. If you do I'll give you a bowl of Pho

View attachment 55199
The V is the original, but when I think of the Sharks I see the hoop jersey.

They had a good crack at the V a few years ago, but opal solar “needed” a white box behind their sponsor which made it look messy.

Here’s a modern version of the V. The original did have a white collar, but I think black looks cleaner so I’ve uploaded bothC1AD0704-204A-4DCA-B743-8948A91BA655.jpeg76981E73-D59F-402B-96C8-ABA85BD1BAF7.jpeg

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The V is the original, but when I think of the Sharks I see the hoop jersey.

They had a good crack at the V a few years ago, but opal solar “needed” a white box behind their sponsor which made it look messy.

Here’s a modern version of the V. The original did have a white collar, but I think black looks cleaner so I’ve uploaded bothView attachment 55200View attachment 55201
I don’t mind that as an alternate jersey