What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

axl rose

Bench
Looks like they drew inspiration from the Chicago Bulls (it was designed around the time the Bulls were dominating yeah?)

Edit: Sorry, just saw axl said the same thing lol

Hey we don't want to be sued by the Bulls here, lets just give him googly eyes.

Them and those Charlotte Hornets teal caps were insanely popular back in the day.

Fire

First Grade
Hey we don't want to be sued by the Bulls here, lets just give him googly eyes.

Them and those Charlotte Hornets teal caps were insanely popular back in the day.
Haha tell me about it! I actually had a Hornets tracksuit.

Alonzo Mourning FTW!

The Great Dane

First Grade
Interesting, never seen that before. I wonder if there's an Adelaide Aces logo floating around, before they became the Rams.

That's surprising, they're brought up on this site every so often.

BTW I'm surprised that the Perth Pumas logo hasn't got mentioned yet.

558649.1.high.jpg

http://www.ipaustralia.com.au/applicant/western-australian-rugby-league-inc/trademarks/558649/

sempmrh

Juniors
Were there any other proposed names for the Cowboys? I can’t help but feel something like Drovers or Stockmen would have been far more appropriate (ie. Australian) while sticking with the same theme.

beave

Coach
Were there any other proposed names for the Cowboys? I can’t help but feel something like Drovers or Stockmen would have been far more appropriate (ie. Australian) while sticking with the same theme.

Crocs was one of the original names thrown around before anything official came out but a union team up there kicked up a stink. Mudcrabs was another.

There was no public vote on the name, Kerry Boustead missus used the name after the airlines lost their luggage when they moved up to NQ to start the team up. When they informed them their bags were missing she said something along the lines of ‘what a bunch of cowboys’ and Kerry thought it would be a good fit for the team.

Marlins was always the name used for the rep league teams in NQ, probably more apt for an NRL side than cowboys, 90% of people in NQ live in coastal areas.

Last edited:

Zerô

Juniors
It's funny how the name Mavericks was poo poo'd for being too American, in a time around Broncos, Steelers, Raiders, Chargers, Cowboys, and later Titans.

Could throw Rams in there too but thats a bit of a stretch

sempmrh

Juniors
The thing about the Mavericks/Storm names is that while you can't point at Storm as being "too American", it basically falls into a naming convention you see a lot in American sports - abstract and non-pluralised.

thorson1987

Coach
Crocs was one of the original names thrown around before anything official came out but a union team up there kicked up a stink. Mudcrabs was another.

There was no public vote on the name, Kerry Boustead missus used the name after the airlines lost their luggage when they moved up to NQ to start the team up. When they informed them their bags were missing she said something along the lines of ‘what a bunch of cowboys’ and Kerry thought it would be a good fit for the team.

Marlins was always the name used for the rep league teams in NQ, probably more apt for an NRL side than cowboys, 90% of people in NQ live in coastal areas.

Also Dallas actually being decent coinciding with admission could have lent a bit of weight to it.

thorson1987

Coach
The thing about the Mavericks/Storm names is that while you can't point at Storm as being "too American", it basically falls into a naming convention you see a lot in American sports - abstract and non-pluralised.

Which american sides are non-pluralised?

Honest question. I can't think of any beside LA Galaxy.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Which american sides are non-pluralised?

Honest question. I can't think of any beside LA Galaxy.
Miami Heat
Oklahoma City Thunder
Utah Jazz
Orlando Magic
Tampa Bay Lightning
Colorado Avalanche
Minnesota Wild
Houston Dynamo
Montreal Impact
New England Revolution

No NFL teams are non pluralised

gzerounian

Juniors
Other logos the brand agency WiteKite (the company behind the new Storm logo) has done.
They have done some pretty big jobs. Some would be totally original designs and I guess some would just be tweaks of existing logos.

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 10.40.08 am.png

gzerounian

Juniors
It's amazing the stuff you keep. Found this today while doing some spring cleaning. I think I was in year 10 when this happened. I was so excited about new jersey designs even back then. Went and bought one straight away and got a number put on. A double iron on number just like the players had... White underneath then blue on top. Made the Jersey so heavy. (No. 5 which ended up being Jack Elsegood then John Hopoate)
IMG_20181017_212219.jpg

steeden.

Juniors
Was a little disappointed the saltire on the shoulders has disappeared, but it seems to only make an appearance for the major tournaments (08/13/17 World Cup, and the 16 Four Nations)

Also a little sus when a charity gets the front spot- issues continuing with bartercard perhaps? At least the integration is on point. Other than that I like it!

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
That's surprising, they're brought up on this site every so often.

BTW I'm surprised that the Perth Pumas logo hasn't got mentioned yet.

558649.1.high.jpg

http://www.ipaustralia.com.au/applicant/western-australian-rugby-league-inc/trademarks/558649/

Not seen that before! Was that prior to the Reds decision in 1993?

Found this while googling, I had 2000 of these flags made up and given out at an NRL game at NIB back in 2012! We had a cool Red Army logo for the supporters club if we had got a team!

425781_3544640213485_1745042299_n.jpg