What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Bradford Bulls

48337149_2722499581309128_6382131143394721792_n.jpg

I f*ckin' hate centralised badges. Should only ever be on the left hand side.

yakstorm

First Grade
Bradford Bulls

48337149_2722499581309128_6382131143394721792_n.jpg

Nice concept, poor execution. The sponsor logo needs to be moved up closer to the bars (also might be an optical illusion, but the spacing looks different on all four jerseys) and the Bulls logo needs to be placed on the left hand side.

The JCT600 version was far better executed.

Big fan of the Swinton kits.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
My comment wasn't about the event of Superleague... more that those Superleague Jerseys (in my humble, not expert, opinion) were some of the most hideous designs I've ever seen on a football field...

190926-303d2994-d361-11e4-a1a0-3de964bfa43a.jpg

Which one is the worst? I'll go Cowboys by w whisker over the Warriors Mariners & Panthers. Dead heat the rest.

I'm against the jersey.. nothing otherwise..

Interesting narrative you have in the rest of your post... Centre of its identity eh..
I actually really like the Bulldogs, Sharks and Reds. The rest are pretty bad

Prometheus

Juniors
not just the players, but the clubs. Easts and Manly were highly desired by super league, and its commonly accepted that if either of us had defected then the ARL would have lost

Actually, it was Newcastle that News Ltd wanted most of the clubs that remained loyal. They considered the Hunter region crucial to the success of the Superleague. That is why they created the Mariners after the Knights told them where they could stuff their cheque-book. The people of the Hunter remained as loyal as their club did. Mariners players were shunned on the streets of Newcastle and even received death threats.

Raiders v Bears from 1994 on foxleague 502. Absolute jersey golden period.

Bang on.

There wasnt a bad jersey amongst all the clubs..

Watched a few of these games recently.. one thing that stands out for me is that the jerseys had one major sponsor on front and back, some with a sleeve sponsor. and that was it. And for me that is simple and perfect, and partly why that era indeed was golden as you say.

We'll never have that again in the future sadly.

Saint Doc

Coach
Bang on.

There wasnt a bad jersey amongst all the clubs..

Watched a few of these games recently.. one thing that stands out for me is that the jerseys had one major sponsor on front and back, some with a sleeve sponsor. and that was it. And for me that is simple and perfect, and partly why that era indeed was golden as you say.

We'll never have that again in the future sadly.

The Sharks would kill for a front, back and sleeve sponsor

Tiger5150

Bench
My comment wasn't about the event of Superleague... more that those Superleague Jerseys (in my humble, not expert, opinion) were some of the most hideous designs I've ever seen on a football field...

190926-303d2994-d361-11e4-a1a0-3de964bfa43a.jpg

Which one is the worst? I'll go Cowboys by w whisker over the Warriors Mariners & Panthers. Dead heat the rest.

I'm against the jersey.. nothing otherwise..

Interesting narrative you have in the rest of your post... Centre of its identity eh..

Its a wonder Penriff havent matched with stone wash denim more often. i think it would be a big seller in the Riff

The Great Dane

First Grade
Actually, it was Newcastle that News Ltd wanted most of the clubs that remained loyal. They considered the Hunter region crucial to the success of the Superleague. That is why they created the Mariners after the Knights told them where they could stuff their cheque-book. The people of the Hunter remained as loyal as their club did. Mariners players were shunned on the streets of Newcastle and even received death threats.

I love the narratives around Newcastle and SL, in hindsight they're so deliciously ironic.

For a start the Knights, the great 'saviours' of the ARL, were one of the three initial conspirators (alongside the Raiders and obviously most importantly the Broncos) who decided to pursue the forming of a new competition that became SL, the only reason that the Knights didn't become a SL club from the start is cause of screw ups in Brisbane that lead to Ribot losing a day to sign the Broncos players resulting in him having to stay in Brisbane to sign them which gave the ARL a day to sign the Knights players (which is a famous enough story), that then screwed the Knights board cause they had to either become an ARL club or lose all their players. So in of it's self you've got a great irony in those circumstances.

Then there is the much derided Mariners. As you say SL decided that they needed a club in Newcastle and they knew that the Knights were very much in financial trouble and probably weren't long for the world without the News money (which is one of the main reasons why the Knights were initially part of forming SL), they also knew that the ARL had approached Western Suburbs to buyout the license a few years before and they were interested, but it fell through so SL contacted them about a SL team, and they were very interested.

Initially the Mariners were to be owned by Western Suburbs, which hindsight makes the Mariners seem like a much less ludicrous prospect. But in a classic case of a business panicking due to a loud minorities' protest Western Suburbs pulled out of the deal to run the Mariners, due in part to a group calling themselves Aussies for the ARL in Newcastle, who vigorously protested the move by Western Suburbs, and frankly anything else SL related (frankly they acted as a mob, they were the ones that lead the protests and facilitated the environment that lead to people sending death threats to people connected to SL in the city, famously vandalising Western Suburbs and later Mariners property, lead to the shunning of players and people connected to SL in society, etc. Yeah they did some terrible things over f**king football, that for some reason some people like to celebrate as great things that 'the people' of Newcastle did to fight SL...), and due as well to a bit of corporate espionage and dodgy dealing within the Western Suburbs members by the ARL and ARL connected people.

So halfway through the process of setting up the new club (and millions of dollars into the process to boot), Western Suburbs pulled out, but News had already spent a ton of money and put a ton of resources into the club so they decided to run it themselves, and thus the Mariners were truly born and the rest is history, but the great irony is that as I'm sure we all know 20 years later Western Suburbs bought the Knights from the NRL, so now the people originally meant to be the Mariners own and operate the Knights... In a roundabout way the Knights are now the frigging Mariners!

So in some of the greatest ironies in RL history, one of the initial conspirators in the SL plot ended up being the saviours of the ARL and in the end the evil and hated Mariners ended up being the Knights saviours.

Dawesy76

Juniors
the knights like to claim the moral high ground but Packer and Optus threw crazy money at Newcastle too.

no name

Coach
This was a shocker 95-98. The Roosters away jersey in 1994 from memory was rubbish too, as was Penrith's weird away jersey in 1995.

It wasn't all nice jerseys and roses.
Blasphemy, the Chargers jersey is a thing of beauty. I still proudly own one.

And it was 96-98

And what’s up with the quote of the post above? Wouldn’t let me post with the pic included.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Blasphemy, the Chargers jersey is a thing of beauty. I still proudly own one.

And it was 96-98

And what’s up with the quote of the post above? Wouldn’t let me post with the pic included.
Should show it as an attachment link - avoids super long page load

Latest posts