What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

yakstorm

First Grade
Jerseys went downhill pretty quickly from 94 to 97, which with the introduction of new fabrics, new teams, plus SL wanting to add a new spin on things.

That said, whilst the above Chargers jersey has a terrible colour scheme, there have been many many other jerseys released by other clubs which have been worse, and in terms of creating a brand that was instantly recognisable as the Chargers, they did that.

kdalymc

Bench
Then today there was Norths v Parra from 97. The best Bears jersey ever.

jason-taylor-of-the-north-sydney-bears-looks-to-offload-during-a-arl-picture-id71076343
Fixed

And nah, the worst was early 2000s, every club and junior team went bezerk with shit everywhere sublimation ie Wests

They were all still 6xl what was with that?

100%green

Juniors
My comment wasn't about the event of Superleague... more that those Superleague Jerseys (in my humble, not expert, opinion) were some of the most hideous designs I've ever seen on a football field...

190926-303d2994-d361-11e4-a1a0-3de964bfa43a.jpg

Which one is the worst? I'll go Cowboys by w whisker over the Warriors Mariners & Panthers. Dead heat the rest.

I'm against the jersey.. nothing otherwise..

Interesting narrative you have in the rest of your post... Centre of its identity eh..

I loved every jersey! Still trying to collect them all. The 10 teams and 4 rep jerseys were all great jerseys in my opinion.

Dawesy76

Juniors
I loved every jersey! Still trying to collect them all. The 10 teams and 4 rep jerseys were all great jerseys in my opinion.
The super league jerseys were at a time when different was great. Jerseys were tired and cliche. We complain about too many teams having chevrons today but outside of the Broncos diamond strip every Jersey was meh and the material cheap and heavy.

Looking back the superleague jerseys have a bit of hyper colour feel about them in that some haven’t aged well. But for the time. They were fantastic.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The super league jerseys were at a time when different was great. Jerseys were tired and cliche. We complain about too many teams having chevrons today but outside of the Broncos diamond strip every Jersey was meh and the material cheap and heavy.

Looking back the superleague jerseys have a bit of hyper colour feel about them in that some haven’t aged well. But for the time. They were fantastic.
The most interesting thing is that despite there being 10 teams, there were only 6 templates:

Broncos & Raiders
Perth & Cronulla
Warriors & Panthers
Hunter & Adelaide
Bulldogs
Cowboys

The only disappointing thing was that none of the clubs could use their actual logos and the god-awful recolourings of the S were in use

The most interesting thing is that despite there being 10 teams, there were only 6 templates:

Broncos & Raiders
Perth & Cronulla
Warriors & Panthers
Hunter & Adelaide
Bulldogs
Cowboys

The only disappointing thing was that none of the clubs could use their actual logos and the god-awful recolourings of the S were in use

Broncos & Raiders
Perth & Cronulla
Warriors & Panthers
Hunter & Adelaide (also used by NSW/Qld & NZ in tri-series)
Bulldogs
Cowboys

Plus the Australian SL design which was a one off.

100%green

Juniors

I can see your point. I think they still stand up but they weren't for everyone.

Classic Nike though...trot out a few designs in different colors rather than 14 different ones. Nike US vs Nike Australia....it's like night and day. They do so much design work there in everything from their regular training and street wear to on field stuff for teams. Here in Australia it is the bare minimum.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I can see your point. I think they still stand up but they weren't for everyone.

Classic Nike though...trot out a few designs in different colors rather than 14 different ones. Nike US vs Nike Australia....it's like night and day. They do so much design work there in everything from their regular training and street wear to on field stuff for teams. Here in Australia it is the bare minimum.
20 years ago yes... now they don't even have an NRL contract.

The Marshall

Juniors

I know it will never happen but if somehow the NRL could get a similar deal with Nike like the NFL has they would clean up financially. They manage to keep the designs of NFL jerseys clean and traditional and their off field gear is sensational.

Dawesy76

Juniors
The one for all jersey manufacturing seems to work so well in the NFL and NBA. But anywhere else it seems to be a disaster. A league teams were livid they were stuck with Reebok for all those years and felt they could arrange better and more tailored deals. Hard to argue with their logic when the fury before they were turfed were have said it have sealed a deal with Nike.

Saint Doc

Coach
Broncos & Raiders
Perth & Cronulla
Warriors & Panthers
Hunter & Adelaide (also used by NSW/Qld & NZ in tri-series)
Bulldogs
Cowboys

Plus the Australian SL design which was a one off.

No doubt if St George joined Superleague they would have shared the Dog’s template, Roosters would have shared the Cowboys template etc

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
I wonder what they would have done with a souths strip.

Sorry I’ve corrected my post. The roosters would have shared the Cowboys design I meant to say.

Yeah a Souths Superleague jersey would have been interesting.

I reckon it just would have been a completely new design. The Broncos/raiders jerseys didn’t even remotely look like their traditional jerseys.

beave

Coach
I know it will never happen but if somehow the NRL could get a similar deal with Nike like the NFL has they would clean up financially. They manage to keep the designs of NFL jerseys clean and traditional and their off field gear is sensational.

yeah nah.

Tampa bays jersey and whole
kit went backwards when nike did the new design for them.

GAZF

First Grade
yeah nah.

Tampa bays jersey and whole
kit went backwards when nike did the new design for them.
Its been 30:70 good:bad in the NFL since Nike took over. Teams like the Bucs and Browns seem like they were made to look like shit on purpose just so they could force a redesign in 5 years time.

Latest posts