What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

bileduct

Coach
Was the Woodgers writing ever orange? It's a touch before my time but it just doesn't look right.
I think it may have been a lighter shade of orange, as I've seen other white Woodgers jerseys from the 80s and they are orange.

But I don't think they actually used that jersey in 1989.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Yeah whether they intended it or not it's actually an 84-86 replica with a weird Woodger's logo that looks orange and black instead of yellow and blue-black like the original (though that might be intentional to try and stop people flogging them off as originals).

From memory I don't think we even had an away jersey in 89, but we may have and just didn't use it or used it very sparingly and I've forgotten it.

The really disappointing thing about this retro jersey is that Jersey's commissioned these to sell exclusively, Classics isn't selling these and wouldn't have produced them if they hadn't have been commissioned by Jersey's Megastore.

bileduct

Coach
The really disappointing thing about this retro jersey is that Jersey's commissioned these to sell exclusively, Classics isn't selling these and wouldn't have produced them if they hadn't have been commissioned by Jersey's Megastore.
Who are you disappointed with? I don't really see there being much interest for this jersey outside of Raiders fans, and without Jerseys getting involved they wouldn't have been made at all.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah whether they intended it or not it's actually an 84-86 replica with a weird Woodger's logo that looks orange and black instead of yellow and blue-black like the original (though that might be intentional to try and stop people flogging them off as originals).
This hadn't even occured to me - but might explain why there are almost always key differences when it comes to reproduced retro jerseys.

bileduct

Coach
Here's some old jerseys posted by someone over at The Greenhouse.

I can't find any old photos of the player worn white jerseys from that era, so the retro jersey might just be a replica of the commercially available ones.

8d9f3f6b001538d722feee171be36217.jpg

83-84

f19c2b99a3fbe4d80aec9b7066639969.jpg

85-86

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Who are you disappointed with? I don't really see there being much interest for this jersey outside of Raiders fans, and without Jerseys getting involved they wouldn't have been made at all.

The Raiders more than anybody else, but to a lesser degree the NRL as well.

The Raiders have basically sat on their hands and watched the value of their brand die on it's arse for the last 20 or so years, and now it's got to the point that jersey manufactures don't see the value in producing a retro jersey and they have to be commissioned by a retailer. It's disappointing.

yakstorm

First Grade
Alright, i see what they were going for...

Seeing the RFL logo (I havent seen this one before, i thought they still had the ball-hand thing) i can see what they were going for. Making the RFL logo more famous by using it as a frame is a good idea, this is just very bad execution.

Rather than making the ball a window for half the trophy, put the WHOLE trophy in there so it is the dominant element. Even if that means shrinking the trophy, angling it or just taking an element of it (maybe that angel thing on top).

Considering the other logos they've released they've been flexible with the implementation of the ball, or in the case of England, simply kept the shield and V elements, they could have easily come up with something incorporating the whole Challenge Cup Trophy.

betfred_sl_logo.png

england_logo.png

championship_logos2.svg

bileduct

Coach

About 7.25 minutes in the video you'll see that they wore this against Souths in 1984.
Awesome, thanks for that. The Woodger's logo in that looks like orange with black outline. The colours are a bit darker on the replica, but it's otherwise a pretty faithful remake.

Saint Doc

Coach
Apparently designed by a kid and based on the Cumbrian flag.

Better than half the jerseys in the NRL - although the sponsor placement looks awkward.

Looks like the Cumbrian flag only has 3 blue stripes.

Could have deleted the top blue line and then fitted the sponsor in

images