What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

sempmrh

Juniors
I’m pretty sure the Wolfpack originally wore black for home and white for away. Not sure why they decided to switch it, especially since their identity is so black dominant.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Maybe i just associate White shorts with Away jumpers, but something about the WP jumper is just unsatifying as a Home.

Really, i think its a mistake to change the Home Jumper from the solid black. It was a striking look for a team that is trying to grow brand awareness. Going the "RL path" of changing ever 2 years will just create another GC Titans siutation; 10 years old an still no brand to speak of.

kdalymc

Bench
Heat have a clash black jersey they use against the strikers which I think looks better then their normal jersey and would look awesome with black pants.
these f**ktards made a 'clash' jersey for playing the Strikers, yes unnecessary in cricket as one team bats..
then this year it evolved into an away jersey, and then tonight against the Strikers they wear their blue jersey... da f*ckkk

The Great Dane

First Grade
To be fair to the Wolfpack they changed from the black jersey being the home jersey to the white jersey with the wolf on it being the home jersey in their first season cause it was so popular.

So it's not like they're randomly flipping the script three years on as white has been their main colour since then and red has been part of their colour scheme since then as well, they also flipped the home and away jerseys for the right reasons as well.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
To be fair to the Wolfpack they changed from the black jersey being the home jersey to the white jersey with the wolf on it being the home jersey in their first season cause it was so popular.

So it's not like they're randomly flipping the script three years on as white has been their main colour since then and red has been part of their colour scheme since then as well, they also flipped the home and away jerseys for the right reasons as well.

Fair enough.

Still, it looked much better with black socks
rl_wolfpack_03.jpg

I think the white is striking because the collar/sleeves/shorts give the uniform a black value that contrasts the white and makes it stand out against the dark frame.

Fair enough.

Still, it looked much better with black socks
rl_wolfpack_03.jpg

I think the white is striking because the collar/sleeves/shorts give the uniform a black value that contrasts the white and makes it stand out against the dark frame.

It's comments like this that make me absolutely love this thread.

It's Like Queer eye for the Straight guy on LU..

I'm not taking the piss by the way, I really see your view here. It's more the love of the fact that we are all critiquing Jersey designs to the enth degree. And Jerseys - in my opinion - are one of the most important elements of Rugby League there is. Its the brand.

No matter how epic a contest might be. I honestly don't enjoy watching a game if one (or both) of the teams playing are in jerseys that are, in my opinion, horrible.

BTW - I like this jersey in the pic.

kdalymc

Bench
Its not just the NRL that do stupid shit...
My local club is celebrating our 20th anniversary this year, I sent them this photo of our OG jersey. And said make sure we wear this next year.
984792F9-A23F-47C4-9321-3F271DF840F3.jpeg

The club then post this up last night, jersey is ok but wrong, and the jersey is only gonna be our training strip and we will be wearing this navy shit as our anniversary jersey wtfff
800774D0-D7B7-4269-8015-8D78AEDB730C.jpeg

Its not just the NRL that do stupid shit...
My local club is celebrating our 20th anniversary this year, I sent them this photo of our OG jersey. And said make sure we wear this next year.
View attachment 26993

The club then post this up last night, jersey is ok but wrong, and the jersey is only gonna be our training strip and we will be wearing this navy shit as our anniversary jersey wtfff
View attachment 26994
We really do live in stupid times

Perth Red

Post Whore
God damnit
Give them a spot in the comp all ready

Mint kit

Lads played it in for first time yesterday, looks even better in the flesh! I was never a big fan of using the old kit before but we’ve had some horrors since the Pirates inception and this does look great on the field. Going to order one, $60, could become a collectors items in years to come if we ver get in the nrl!

11EAC4CF-3CEB-4D17-A527-3BD12E55226E.jpeg

flippikat

Bench
Its a fantastic replica of the original but I wouldn't say its a great rugby league jersey.

Yeah, it's a bit disjointed. There have been worse jerseys in the competition since then, but the 1995 Reds jersey was probably the first time the line between footy jersey & art project got blurred.

kdalymc

Bench
I just think there is too much white/the colour stops too high..

I get that it’s 25 years since the jersey was revealed, but they didn’t play til 95 so isn’t that a bit premature...

Also @GAZF have you got a modern/fixed up version floating around at all?