What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Great sponsor integration.

Gold Coast titans, I hope you're taking notes...

It's more of a sponsor take over than integration! The basically sold off the rights to the highest bidder for the summer bash game so they could come up with basically any colour combo they wanted, we ended up with this bright yellow delight. In the lower end of the Championship where cash is tight I think it's a great initiative, plus it'll add in nicely to my Hornets jersey collection :cool:

1_8ff8502f-0a27-439a-9815-392ffe5f77da_1024x1024.png
2_c2509f9f-888d-44df-9bd2-c83866e6f48c_1024x1024.png

Brisket Head

Juniors
upload_2019-5-26_12-53-3.png

A bit of history and trivia in one. I've highlighted 3. One you will have heard of, the other 2 not but some interesting connections.

Norths Rockhampton 1955 or 1956 (not sure)

Cyril Connell - Captain Coach of this team. Played for Australia from Rockhampton. Legendary Broncos Recruitment Man. My old man is in this pic, him and his mates still speak about Cyril with the same reverence as Bennett, Lockyer, Sailor, and countless others do.

Ken Jenkins - Grandfather of Jake Granville. Ken's son John played for Norths as well and left Rocky with a Norths teammate for a couple of years at Redcliffe - Troy Evans, father of DCE.

Len Reddy - One of Rod Reddy's older brothers.

Nothing earth shattering, just a bit of trivia for anybody interested. I was looking though some old photos that John sent a while ago, and got a bit nostalgic. Ken, Len and a couple of the other blokes in the pic were like uncles to me when I was growing up.

kdalymc

Bench
When you learn how to heat press.
from old mates facebook-
White Whale alert! Recently Daniel Pain uploaded a video on his NRL collectables group showing the 1997 South QLD Crushers wearing their basically forgotten sevens jersey.. After much research and digging, I am now a proud owner of one . I am told only 12 were ever made, so stoked to have one! Also great to hear all the stories from Craig about that sevens weekend, from last minute sponsor additions to beating Manly and therefore unlocking 50K extra sponsorship from Qantas for the cash strapped club. Amazing history!

f**k knows how he did research and then magically got one.

from old mates facebook-
White Whale alert! Recently Daniel Pain uploaded a video on his NRL collectables group showing the 1997 South QLD Crushers wearing their basically forgotten sevens jersey.. After much research and digging, I am now a proud owner of one . I am told only 12 were ever made, so stoked to have one! Also great to hear all the stories from Craig about that sevens weekend, from last minute sponsor additions to beating Manly and therefore unlocking 50K extra sponsorship from Qantas for the cash strapped club. Amazing history!

f**k knows how he did research and then magically got one.

I know the guy, got a jersey from before I think he's a bit of a pest with deep pockets. Will annoy ex players until they sell their jerseys to him. He's got a huge collection of Broncs players jerseys including a full set of the aqua/teal monstrosities.

Is his name Mick Taplin?

Nah but he's a passive pest. I posted an early 80s Brisbane rep jersey on Instagram a year ago and he was after it and was trying to low ball me with offers and being very persistent.

He does get amazing jerseys from players but then just seems to put them up for sale at vast amounts of money.