What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

NSW Waratahs rugby away and home

img_0065.png

Last edited by a moderator:

flippikat

Bench
It was awesome when Super League also recoloured the same design for different teams, right guys?

If the template is good, it will work (the psychedelic spaghetti of Superleague Panthers and Warriors was the worst).. and we're talking cricket here - which at least has a history of common-templated strips in competitions.

For football or union or league it's not something that's typically happened in the past, so I wouldn't expect that approach.

GAZF

First Grade
If the template is good, it will work (the psychedelic spaghetti of Superleague Panthers and Warriors was the worst).. and we're talking cricket here - which at least has a history of common-templated strips in competitions.

For football or union or league it's not something that's typically happened in the past, so I wouldn't expect that approach.
I disagree that the 80's-90's cricket templates look good. In fact, I would suspect that a big reason for them being liked is nostalgia, and not on the merits of the designs themselves.

Had Super League been a long term success, then we may have seen a younger group of fans swooning over those designs in a few years time.

kdalymc

Bench
It's more than just nostalgia. Uniformity amongst teams with "Colour rush" designs with a little bit of a pattern (the higher the better, preferably shoulders but no lower than chest) just seem to work in cricket.
View attachment 34667
Nah f**ken oath 90 crickets jerseys were the best. Especially the Michael Bevan (4 on last ball) each team having their own little design bit (Windies palm tree, Aussies stars etc)
Yes, would only work in cricket, but since they took individual designs the jerseys have suckkkkkked

PBL had the " licence" after World Series Cricket for 20 years.

So the matching uniforms ended 1997/98 with South Africa and NZ.

ISC actually designed an England top for 1998/99. I've seen a prototype and got outbid on it. Never seen again. Even ISC can't supply me a copy from archives.

In the pic it was same style as Australia's but in navy blue sky blue and thin red piping (if memory serves). Instead they wore the ECB made powder blue Nasser has on.

images (1).jpeg

Last edited:

gzerounian

Juniors
PBL had the " licence" after World Series Cricket for 20 years.

So the matching uniforms ended 1997/98 with South Africa and NZ.

ISC actually designed an England top for 1998/99. I've seen a prototype and got outbid on it. Never seen again. Even ISC can't supply me a copy from archives.

In the pic it was same style as Australia's but in navy blue sky blue and thin red piping (if memory serves). Instead they wore the ECB made powder blue Nasser has on.

View attachment 34668
Correct. I have put together a pictorial of how I remember the ISC years. Apologies if there are any inaccuracies.

ISC started it's association with the 1992 World Cup and then continued with lighting bolt kits in the 92/93 and 93/94 series as posted before (I'm not sure if they did the baseball style kits in the 91/92 series)

ISC 94/95 series kits looked like this. Matching uniforms with each team having their unique icon representing their country:
Screenshot_20191214_220532.jpg

ISC 95/96 series kits were the first year where the teams weren't completely matching but very similar:
Screenshot_20191214_220605.jpg

ISC 96/97 series kits Australia and Pakistan were identical but Windies used previous years design. Australia A were not officially in the tri series but they had kits for tour matches:
Screenshot_20191214_220634.jpg

ISC 97/98 series kits looked like this. All thee countries matched. We started seeing the dominant colour of the top being different to the pants:
Screenshot_20191214_220706.jpg

ISC 98/99 series was the first year where kits were only produced for Australia and the visitors (Sri Lanka and England) started to byo. "Australia" was added to the sleeves:
Screenshot_20191214_223320.jpg

99/00 and 00/01 were the final time ISC produced kits. Australia then moved to FILA, Adidas and Asics:
Screenshot_20191214_224437.jpg

King hit

Coach
I disagree that the 80's-90's cricket templates look good. In fact, I would suspect that a big reason for them being liked is nostalgia, and not on the merits of the designs themselves.

Had Super League been a long term success, then we may have seen a younger group of fans swooning over those designs in a few years time.
The super league jerseys really sucked if you ask me. Pretty boring that every team had the same design and players chose their own numbers.

kdalymc

Bench
Pretty boring that every team had the same design
why do people have this idea- there was 6 different templates for 10 teams

it may have worked if the werent all 6XL...

also, @gzerounian your post just gave me the biggest cricket boner..
golden era for jerseys
even the Mercantile Mutual Cup jerseys shared the template and looked friggen awesome

Latest posts