What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Its supposed to be black and red apparently.

Pfft, next youll be telling me this is white....

what-colour-is-the-dress.jpg

Yeh, fair enough. Maybe the photos are just super washed out.

In that case, I hope the WP drop red and just stick with the orig Black-White. Otherwise, this is weird...

The Great Dane

First Grade
Pfft, next youll be telling me this is white....

what-colour-is-the-dress.jpg

Yeh, fair enough. Maybe the photos are just super washed out.

In that case, I hope the WP drop red and just stick with the orig Black-White. Otherwise, this is weird...
Why is it weird?

Red and black are like Ottawa's unofficially official sports colours, almost all of their sports teams are red and black. If anything it's the Wolfpack that are being weird and breaking with tradition, they should be blue and white.

Besides, the Aces, Wolfpack, and everybody else in the RFL system that they clash with will have alternate jerseys that contrast with their home jeresys. That's just how they do it over there.

It'll be fine.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I like the approach Perez seems to be taking with colour branding.

Toronto: Black-White-Red
Ottawa: Black-White-Orange

If they stick with this trend as they expand further, they will avoid local clashes until the get to team no.7

Altogether: logo looks great, colours look great (cant wait to see the Main jumper), stadium looks great and the WP make me believe that Perez knows what he is doing.

? He hasn't. he has chosen exact same colours as Toronto! That photo is dodgy.
Maybe its a Canada thing that every team has to play in red black and white? ottawa.jpg

TDD91

Juniors
Why is it weird?

Red and black are like Ottawa's unofficially official sports colours, almost all of their sports teams are red and black. If anything it's the Wolfpack that are being weird and breaking with tradition, they should be blue and white.

Besides, the Aces, Wolfpack, and everybody else in the RFL system that they clash with will have alternate jerseys that contrast with their home jeresys. That's just how they do it over there.

It'll be fine.

The Ottawa CFL team going as far as being rather creatively named the Ottawa Redblacks.

I can get why the name was changed from Stags, as that's not really a term used in North America where they prefer Bucks. There's no other major team named the Aces over there, so that's probably a factor in a way as well.

sempmrh

Juniors
It always seems like American rugby league or rugby union teams have this vague idea of how they think team logos and branding should look but in reality completely miss the mark.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Ottawa CFL team going as far as being rather creatively named the Ottawa Redblacks.

I can get why the name was changed from Stags, as that's not really a term used in North America where they prefer Bucks. There's no other major team named the Aces over there, so that's probably a factor in a way as well.
Not a major team but there is an Ottawa Ice hockey team called the Aces, dont suppose they are impressed.

Latest posts