1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Discussion in 'NRL' started by gzerounian, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Nqcowboy

Nqcowboy Juniors

I’d say as long as decent stencil of the logo can me made then you’re fine

2. Nqcowboy

Nqcowboy Juniors

3. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

4. hrundi99

hrundi99 First Grade

The Vegas logo is excellent.

Most of the other logos on the list are for lower division local teams with no design budget. Fish in a barrel.

5. Get Rid of The Donkeys

Get Rid of The Donkeys Juniors

The Jacksonville Jaguars logo is one of the best.

The Detroit City FC logo looks like an advertisement for a eunuch gala.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  6. Foreign Legion

Foreign Legion First Grade

https://everythingrugbyleague.com/lebanese-rugby-league-seeking-kit-partnership/

The Lebanese Rugby League Federation (LRLF) is looking to partner with a Technical Kit Manufacturer for their upcoming activities over the coming two years; including the 2021 Rugby League World Cup, as well as domestic activities at club-, university- & youth- levels, and other national teams.

[​IMG]

The LRLF is therefore pleased to invite all interested parties to submit their proposals by 28 August 2020 @ 6:00pm (Beirut time). For more information, please feel free to contact them at: [email protected]

blue bags likes this.
  7. Foreign Legion

Foreign Legion First Grade

Careful you could be banned for having an anti LGBTIQ opinion.

8. Patorick

Patorick Moderator Staff Member

inclusion-shirt.png New shirts for @embracewagga and #unityfc indoor soccer. A homage to the 1995 Manly jersey.

9. Get Rid of The Donkeys

I'll change it to 'eunuch gala' as it looks like the fella in the logo was divorced from his tackle.

10. Saint Doc

Saint Doc Coach

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I mentioned in the 2021 thread that the Sydney Kings are changing their logo due to a licensing issue with the Opera House trust.

the 1st logos apparently have been submitted for trademark applications.

To me it looks like they’re trying to emulate the Knicks, which is a weird choice given I think the Knicks logos are really dated, and don’t suit modern day requirements such a digital branding / icon recognition.

would love to hear what @GAZF and others with knowledge think!

11. greenBV4

greenBV4 Juniors

if they are going the copy-cat route I saw this one which is pretty nice also (I'd get rid of the shading and have a solid background like the warriors)
    EetQh8CUEAE2Ez9.png

Saint Doc and blue bags like this.
  12. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

Well that's the logo on their new training gear.

https://www.nblstore.com.au/collections/sydney-kings/products/sydney-kings-20-21-icon-lifestyle-tee

But they say it's not the new logo - so probably a secondary. But it doesn't quite match the logos above, so who knows what they're doing? Their white 'wordmark lifestyle' tee has a wordmark that doesn't match the logos above either. The other teams' versions of those tees use either the wordmark from their logo or jersey - but the Kings seem to have a new jersey wordmark as well.

Saint Doc and greenBV4 like this.
  13. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

I like all three of them its very simple, and the lion is just so cool, its makes me proud to live in sydney, unfortunately im not a basketball fan.
    Im just a fan of a KINGS sports brand but logo as a Lion,
    seriously thats awesome!
    Its way way better than Aleagues "Roar"
    Or AFLs "Lions" for me "Kings" would be a much better NRL branding for Eastern Suburbs Tigers Expansion bid, since theres an affinity in Brisbane for lions in their sports brands, also tigers being a big cat too, it keeps it close i suppose, but im also ok with their current "firebirds" bid too

14. greenBV4

greenBV4 Juniors

Wow I can't believe never really made that connection in my head before, is there a reason Brisbane has 2 lion represented teams? Brisbane Kings with a lion mascot could definately work.

15. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

Yeah but East Coast Kings, or South QLD Kings not "Brisbane", im not a fan of sharing the location name with another team, also gives an juxtaposition if there was ever a West Coast Pirates, vs Gold Coast Titans vs North QLD, vs Central Coast Bears,
    Lotsa "coasts" there!

16. greenBV4

greenBV4 Juniors

I get where your coming from, and South Qld would work, but I tend to associate "East Coast" moreso with NSW, even though it is all technically the east (but I probably also have a NSW bias viewpoint)

Its also quite vague for a team only really representing 1 city, especially when you have the "North Coast" in NSW fairly close by. It works for WA as it is the WHOLE west coast of Australia, and I could see it working for a Roosters re-brand if they ever expanded to include North Syd and the CC (for multiple reasons - being inbetween the North and South Coasts of NSW, being geographically on the East Coast and covering multiple regions along it, as well as a mixture between "Easts" and Central "Coast")

MugaB likes this.
  17. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

Easts Coast Roosters Fire up your boosters! Screenshot_20200807-231710_Samsung Internet.jpg

gzerounian and greenBV4 like this.
  18. greenBV4

greenBV4 Juniors

Also this can be fine if the team markets itself towards a different demographic instead of location, I think the Big Bash does this well in Melb and Sydney with one typically being a "galmour" club and the other a "battlers"

19. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

Hence SYDNEY vs south sydney?
    Although souths are by no means a battler club no more.
    Still not sold on Brisbane 2 Expansion, being called Brisbane,

Also loved your take on 1998 NRL inaugural season with our now mergers, plus perth, its exactly where we are now and where we wanted to be soon

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    greenBV4 likes this.
  20. Get Rid of The Donkeys

Back in the early 90s there was a bid from Logan for a NSWRL team called Logan Lions. It never got off the ground, but Easts could work with it to create something like East Coast Kings.

"Kings of the East Coast"

UPDATE

The team behind the bid ended up in court.

https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/case-download/id/55845

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    MugaB likes this.