What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

MugaB

Coach
View attachment 59972
The holy grail of Reds jerseys!
Geez this jersey should have been there home jersey... how good is it... i reckon if they ever get a revival as the next expansion again, this should be the jersey, knowning PVL, i reckon 19th team will be perth, there's just way too much upside in having WA involved in the NRL, just need a 4 year lead in time to get orgainsed

Colk

First Grade
Geez this jersey should have been there home jersey... how good is it... i reckon if they ever get a revival as the next expansion again, this should be the jersey, knowning PVL, i reckon 19th team will be perth, there's just way too much upside in having WA involved in the NRL, just need a 4 year lead in time to get orgainsed

It was a cracking jersey. I think black and yellow is criminally underused in sport. I’m watching the NSW Cup atm and black and red is another brilliant combination of colours

MugaB

Coach
It was a cracking jersey. I think black and yellow is criminally underused in sport. I’m watching the NSW Cup atm and black and red is another brilliant combination of colours
Yeah maybe add another navy blue team lol

I reckon a P.N.G team will fix that for sure, cant see them getting in without being black, red and gold... PNG PNG PNG!!!

yakstorm

First Grade
I like the Pirates brand, and would only tweak the colour scheme (from red, yellow, black, & white down to earthy red, golden gold, and black). Pirates have little to nothing to do with Perth or WA, but they'd be unique in the current Australian sporting landscape. And better than a friendly quokka or rehashed red kangaroo (but I do have a very big soft spot for the red roo!
I personally prefer the Reds branding over Pirates, however at least there is some historical connection between Pirates & WA.

John 'Black Jack' Anderson was possibly the most well known, though there was also William Dampier.

Whether they'd want to play that historical connection is debatable, though if nothing else there has at least been more Pirates in WA than Vikings in Canberra, Panthers in Penrith or Titans on the Gold Coast.

Colk

First Grade
Not sure if anyone has posted these, but get comfy and feast your eyes on some beauuuuties!!
https://www.behance.net/gallery/142138771/NRL-X-Adidas-Jersey-Concepts

That guy is amazing. I remember looking at a set of 2019 designs and they were brilliant as well. Totally agree with the names on the back of the jerseys as well - extra selling point

The only one that is iffy IMO is the Storm main one (although it is far from terrible) but you wonder why people like him aren’t designing jerseys considering the absolute tripe we are offered.

I’d love to see his take on other expansion or previous teams like Adelaide, a second NZ and another Brisbane team considering how brilliant his Dolphins and Reds designs are.

sempmrh

Juniors
That guy is amazing. I remember looking at a set of 2019 designs and they were brilliant as well. Totally agree with the names on the back of the jerseys as well - extra selling point

The only one that is iffy IMO is the Storm main one (although it is far from terrible) but you wonder why people like him aren’t designing jerseys considering the absolute tripe we are offered.

I’d love to see his take on other expansion or previous teams like Adelaide, a second NZ and another Brisbane team considering how brilliant his Dolphins and Reds designs are.
I like the shade of gold he used for Storm - the colours are definitely more vibrant than we’ve been using in recent years. The design itself is okay but I would rather something a little more traditional.

In general, however, I’m a big fan of subtle textures and patterns blended in with designs. Adds a little more depth and interest without going too over the top.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not sure why he went with Reds rather than Pirates, but some nice designs in there. Sharks probably one of the best.

MugaB

Coach
like the orange...more orange should be used.
same with yellow...does any team have yellow jerseys? Parra do sometimes but very rarely.
And while on this subject of yellow jerseys, I've always wondered why no NFL team has one.
Pittsburgh Steelers maybe at some point?
Steelers are always yellow pants, black or white jersey....

Parramatta and Broncos in my opinion should be mostly yellow, the parramatta away jersey this year is what they should look like... the full home blue kit looks so boring, and bronx had a heritage jersey worn this year, which looked amazing, if they reversed the colors on that one jersey their kit would be perfect

flippikat

Bench
View attachment 60954
For this mockup there were no design changes just tweaking of colours
Love it.

I don't "get" why the Tigers feel the need to have the tricolor orange/black/white in every jersey when orange/black and black/white are distinct, powerful & representative color sets on their own - have one as primary, the other as alternate.

They could even take a leaf out of Souths book (the black bunny and white bunny), and have a "white Tiger" logo for the black and white set.

Steelers are always yellow pants, black or white jersey....

Parramatta and Broncos in my opinion should be mostly yellow, the parramatta away jersey this year is what they should look like... the full home blue kit looks so boring, and bronx had a heritage jersey worn this year, which looked amazing, if they reversed the colors on that one jersey their kit would be perfect
totally agree that Parra looks boring now and too many blue teams. Yeah Broncs are de the other team that should make more use of yellow.

You're right about the Steelers but I think I remember them wearing a yellow jersey at some point when I was a kid
In the 80's...

DeeJ

Bench
I had a look at some Leicester Tigers kits today and thought they could be good alternative Souths jerseys.

New-Leicester-Tigers-Home-Kit-2020-21-Samurai-Sports.jpg
New-Leicester-Tigers-Rugby-Kit-2016-17.jpg
New-Leicester-Tigers-Kit-2013.jpg

White-Leicester-Tigers-Away-Shirt-2014.jpg

Colk

First Grade
Love it.

I don't "get" why the Tigers feel the need to have the tricolor orange/black/white in every jersey when orange/black and black/white are distinct, powerful & representative color sets on their own - have one as primary, the other as alternate.

They could even take a leaf out of Souths book (the black bunny and white bunny), and have a "white Tiger" logo for the black and white set.

Totally agree. Interchange between the Balmain and Wests jerseys (or closer representations of them)

Colk

First Grade
I like the shade of gold he used for Storm - the colours are definitely more vibrant than we’ve been using in recent years. The design itself is okay but I would rather something a little more traditional.

In general, however, I’m a big fan of subtle textures and patterns blended in with designs. Adds a little more depth and interest without going too over the top.

That might be the reason.

I think he is a very talented designer though because as you say he seems to be able provide a fresh take on traditional designs without overwhelming them. Simple but strong.

MugaB

Coach
Totally agree. Interchange between the Balmain and Wests jerseys (or closer representations of them)
Should be only a mainly white/black stripes jersey (wests)
& an mainly orange/black stripes jersey (tigers)
Having a predominantly black jersey is stufid, i get that wests magpies were like that, but this club is the wests tigers, tigers aren't black, they're either white or orange!
Makes sense to any new fan who knows nothing about magpies or balmain, personally they need to brand themselves moreso like this without making it all about the magpies, keep a black version of the designs for a heritage jersey