What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

flippikat

Bench
I had a look at some Leicester Tigers kits today and thought they could be good alternative Souths jerseys.

New-Leicester-Tigers-Home-Kit-2020-21-Samurai-Sports.jpg
New-Leicester-Tigers-Rugby-Kit-2016-17.jpg
New-Leicester-Tigers-Kit-2013.jpg

White-Leicester-Tigers-Away-Shirt-2014.jpg
The tricolor striped one with horizontal lines is similar to Souths NSW Cup jersey - but the slanted tricolor stripes is a cool twist on it.

Really like the mostly-green one, and while we don't have a predominantly green NRL team, something like that could be a useful 3rd jersey, but it doesn't have enough contrast with the traditional jersey to be a real contender for the main alternate jersey - they'd be best having a 1960s style striped jersey with black shorts as main & white shorts and white jersey (with some red/green trim) as away.

On that topic of a white away, while that checked Leicester jersey looks great up close, I fear the design would be lost at a distance - the white away needs broad strokes for the red & green trim IMO - not too much to overshadow the white jersey, but enough to be seen clearly as red & green at a distance.

hrundi99

First Grade
Totally agree. Interchange between the Balmain and Wests jerseys (or closer representations of them)

They're the Wests Tigers. They've spent 20 years trying to create their own branding.

Young people don't give a crap about Wests or Balmain.

Stop living under a rock.

hrundi99

First Grade
Should be only a mainly white/black stripes jersey (wests)
& an mainly orange/black stripes jersey (tigers)
Having a predominantly black jersey is stufid, i get that wests magpies were like that, but this club is the wests tigers, tigers aren't black, they're either white or orange!
Makes sense to any new fan who knows nothing about magpies or balmain, personally they need to brand themselves moreso like this without making it all about the magpies, keep a black version of the designs for a heritage jersey

Tigers are orange, black and white.

MugaB

Coach
Tigers are orange, black and white.
Correct.... but tigers aren't black, with a few white and orange stripes tho, hence why i keep saying have a white jersey and fill it with stripes OR an Orange jersey and fill it with stripes... doesn't have to be west magpie represented or balmain represented, just needs to represent a TIGER... and tigers are not fully black

Nuke

Staff member
The tricolor striped one with horizontal lines is similar to Souths NSW Cup jersey - but the slanted tricolor stripes is a cool twist on it.

Really like the mostly-green one, and while we don't have a predominantly green NRL team, something like that could be a useful 3rd jersey, but it doesn't have enough contrast with the traditional jersey to be a real contender for the main alternate jersey - they'd be best having a 1960s style striped jersey with black shorts as main & white shorts and white jersey (with some red/green trim) as away.

On that topic of a white away, while that checked Leicester jersey looks great up close, I fear the design would be lost at a distance - the white away needs broad strokes for the red & green trim IMO - not too much to overshadow the white jersey, but enough to be seen clearly as red & green at a distance.
Regarding the bit in bold: Canberra might have something to say about that.

Colk

First Grade
Regarding the bit in bold: Canberra might have something to say about that.

Don’t worry. Everybody forgets about my side. Although considering the way we are playing atm that is not necessarily a bad thing

The Great Dane

First Grade
Well being another generic Navy blue team now... im not suprised
Don't watch many Raiders games do you...

We wore the navy 'home' jersey like 2-3 times last year, and have only worn it once this year IIRC . I think we wore the navy and silver 'away' once last year...

Because of the bleating of a tiny minority of old men on the internet, whom the brand change was never intended to impress in the first place, the club has totally backed off the navy re-brand. Odds are that they'll drop it as soon as possible.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Our away uniforms have been awful for a while. The main jerseys are good
Trying to build another evergreen brand identity for marketing and merchandising purposes was a good idea, unfortunately their execution was terrible.

If it was going to work the new brand needed to be unique and interesting in it's own right and the club needed to really commit to it no matter the backlash. What they came up with was neither unique nor interesting, and they more or less abandoned it as soon as they faced any backlash.

MugaB

Coach
Trying to build another evergreen brand identity for marketing and merchandising purposes was a good idea, unfortunately their execution was terrible.

If it was going to work the new brand needed to be unique and interesting in it's own right and the club needed to really commit to it no matter the backlash. What they came up with was neither unique nor interesting, and they more or less abandoned it as soon as they faced any backlash.
The Lime green is what sets you guys apart from the rest of the NRL rabble of navy or blue clubs, i get that merch would increase in sales if they had a color that you could wear down the street like the navy or black without being a neon sign for the raiders, but its far too late for canberra to ditch an iconic color,
Personally i would lean into it, wear more white jerseys, either as home or alternate with the lime and blue/gold as semi stripes, in keeping with the older tradition, the whole lets go navy, is too vast a transition away from that... i do get it tho, my team went from brown/white to black white (&R/Y/G)in the 90s, then a mishmash of random shit, to now either black or pink jersey, now its a staple part of the merchandise.... canberra could do this too, keep the green as the main, and go white for the other, they did it in the 90s

The Great Dane

First Grade
The Lime green is what sets you guys apart from the rest of the NRL rabble of navy or blue clubs, i get that merch would increase in sales if they had a color that you could wear down the street like the navy or black without being a neon sign for the raiders, but its far too late for canberra to ditch an iconic color,
Personally i would lean into it, wear more white jerseys, either as home or alternate with the lime and blue/gold as semi stripes, in keeping with the older tradition, the whole lets go navy, is too vast a transition away from that... i do get it tho, my team went from brown/white to black white (&R/Y/G)in the 90s, then a mishmash of random shit, to now either black or pink jersey, now its a staple part of the merchandise.... canberra could do this too, keep the green as the main, and go white for the other, they did it in the 90s
I'm not sure you really understood what I was suggesting.

I wasn't suggesting that the Raiders 'ditch' the lime like the Panthers ditched brown. I was suggesting the much smarter move of updating the brand to something more modern and appealing to younger people, while still continuing to support the old brand with regular merchandise releases. One day, when the time is right, the club may even go back to the old brand as the main brand and hold the other one as secondary.

In other words take a strategy similar to teams like e.g. the Anaheim Ducks, whom despite not having used it as their main brand since 2006, probably make more money on Mighty Ducks merch alone than all the NRL sides make as whole. Not that I'm suggesting that anything the Raiders do could hope to be anywhere near that successful BTW.

As far as a secondary colour in particular, white is just as boring and pastiche as navy. Yellow had a lot of potential, but they ballsed that up as well with a horrendous jersey design. Purple pairs well with green, maybe there's potential there if they go about it the right way. I don't know, but I doubt they'll have the balls to try something like adding a new colour to the palette again (especially something as bold a purple), at least not for a while anyway.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
I'm not sure you really understood what I was suggesting.

I wasn't suggesting that the Raiders 'ditch' the lime like the Panthers ditched brown. I was suggesting the much smarter move of updating the brand to something more modern and appealing to younger people, while still continuing to support the old brand with regular merchandise realises. One day, when the time is right, the club may even go back to the old brand as the main brand and hold the other one as secondary.

In other words take a strategy similar to teams like e.g. the Anaheim Ducks, whom despite not having used it as their main brand since 2006, probably make more money on Mighty Ducks merch alone than all the NRL sides make as whole. Not that I'm suggesting that anything the Raiders do could hope to be anywhere near that successful BTW.

As far as a secondary colour in particular, white is just as boring and pastiche as navy. Yellow had a lot of potential, but they ballsed that up as well with a horrendous jersey design. Purple pairs well with green, maybe there's potential there if they go about it the right way. I don't know, but I doubt they'll have the balls to try something like adding a new colour to the palette again (especially something as bold a purple), at least not for a while anyway.
I wouldn't want them to ditch the lime either, but i get what you're saying, maybe replace the blue with a dark purple, so as not to be a copy of the storms purple, purple in general is pretty under used anyways with sport teams, i suppose it depends on the design of the jersey too, i actually liked the reserve grade jersey from a few years back, it was a slight V on the chest with white ontop and lime beneath, had the gold and blue strip seperating it, maybe instead of purple, go a teal or a gray/blue so the logo has that metallic look about it

20220505_043008.jpg20220505_042921.jpg

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
Only time Canberra has had a decent away jersey (and it pains me to say this cos white jerseys are 1. Disgusting/lazy
2. Unnecessary)
was when they had the simple white invert. Mal Meninga era. Do this. Nothing else

The Great Dane

First Grade
Only time Canberra has had a decent away jersey (and it pains me to say this cos white jerseys are 1. Disgusting/lazy
2. Unnecessary)
was when they had the simple white invert. Mal Meninga era. Do this. Nothing else
Firstly, that's subjective and highly debatable.

Secondly, just because it's never been better before, at least in your opinion, that doesn't mean that it can't be improved in the future.

Thirdly, who are you to dictate to the Raiders as to how they handle their brand? You're not a fan or a member, you have no stake in the game.

MugaB

Coach
Firstly, that's subjective and highly debatable.

Secondly, just because it's never been better before, at least in your opinion, that doesn't mean that it can't be improved in the future.

Thirdly, who are you to dictate to the Raiders as to how they handle their brand? You're not a fan or a member, you have no stake in the game.
He is allowed an opinion, like all of us... you know arsholes and that saying