What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Plain Maroon! About time.

If only NSW would do something similar....

10206.jpg

3133.jpg

At the start of their 17th season of domestic rugby league, the Lebanese Rugby League Federation’s seven-strong board, headed by president Mohamed Habbous, have had a new four-year mandate ratified by the Ministry of Youth and Sport in Beirut.

And to commemorate the new campaign, the LRLF has unveiled a new series of logos for the Federation (above), Cedars [Lebanese National Team], Match Officials Department and three National Championships: LRL [Lebanon Rugby League], CRL [Collegiate Rugby League] and SRL [Schools Rugby League].

“The new logos signal a clean start to a newly-envisaged strategy of sustainable growth and leadership.” Habbous said. “We believe that only through positive engagement can sport truly manifest into a national culture and rugby league is evolving into a symbol of respect within and throughout the domestic and international Lebanese community.”

The new brands were created by Kyle Winter, of 166 Design in Boston, Massachusetts, USA

http://www.rlef.eu.com/news/article/992/lebanese-rugby-league-federation-launch

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
RE: the potential change of the GC logo, this is something ive have rattling in my head for a while.
Obviously not great quality (what you get for 10 minutes on MacPaint), but the elements i think could make a get badge if they did decide to change...

gccerberu117_-60.png

The Great Dane

First Grade
RE: the potential change of the GC logo, this is something ive have rattling in my head for a while.
Obviously not great quality (what you get for 10 minutes on MacPaint), but the elements i think could make a get badge if they did decide to change...

gccerberu117_-60.png

Ahh am I missing something, what's Cerberus got to do with anything?

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_17634-kiwis-anzac-test-shirt-to-feature-gold-trim.html

The New Zealand Rugby League has revealed that the national team will wear a specially designed shirt for this year's Anzac Test against Australia.

This year marks the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli landings in Turkey in World War One, which featured a hige contribution from soldiers from Australia and New Zealand.

As a mark of respect, the Kiwi's traditional black jersey will feature additional gold-coloured trim, as well as the official Anzac poppy emblem.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ahh am I missing something, what's Cerberus got to do with anything?

Greek mythology, pet of Hades....

I do realise Hades isnt, strickly speaking, a titan. But these kinds of inconsistencies are not exactly new to Football logos, nor do people seem to particularly care (Eg. St George was a Dragon Slayer, not a dragon. But who gives a shit, Dragons are cool).

I do realise Hades isnt, strickly speaking, a titan. But these kinds of inconsistencies are not exactly new to Football logos, nor do people seem to particularly care (Eg. St George was a Dragon Slayer, not a dragon. But who gives a shit, Dragons are cool).

Ditto the Rabbitoh, as opposed to the rabbit per se.

The Great Dane

First Grade

Ditto the Rabbitoh, as opposed to the rabbit per se.

There's a monumental difference between St George being called the Dragons (instead of the Dragon Slayers as they were originally known, if I'm not mistaken) and South Sydney being called the Rabbitohs and using a Rabbit as their logo instead of a person selling rabbit, and a team from the GC going by the name Titans and using Cerberus as their logo.

Namely St George-Illawarra have a connection to the story of St George and the Dragon and South Sydney has a connection to Rabbitohs and the Rabbits that they sold in South Sydney, however the GC has no tangible cultural connection to Greek Mythology let alone the Titans or Cerberus.

Why muddy already very dirty water even more by adding another layer to the brand that none of it's target audience are likely to understand let alone connect to.

Don't get me wrong, I think Cerberus is cool and I actually think that your mock-up would make a pretty cool looking logo, it's just that it's not the right fit for the club, especially considering how things have been up there with their inability to connect to the local population.