What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

kdalymc

Bench
Is it such a big deal though, to have a sponsor logo on the front of a test shirt?
test cricket, and test cricket whites are the last bit of the traditoanal game left. was always going to stay clean skin, major sponsors allowed on the chest is the final straw. now they have numbers too. theyre not far away from just rocking coloured uniforms in all forms of the game

flippikat

Bench
test cricket, and test cricket whites are the last bit of the traditoanal game left. was always going to stay clean skin, major sponsors allowed on the chest is the final straw. now they have numbers too. theyre not far away from just rocking coloured uniforms in all forms of the game

To be honest, colours have been getting into test cricket whites over the last few years - at the moment just stuff like trim/piping and inside of collars.. but it's slowly creeping in.

Last edited:

dietmexicola

Juniors
121505824_631528870843759_6163278489452842357_o.jpg
theyll probably get called racist for the brazil amazonas

yakstorm

First Grade
Is it such a big deal though, to have a sponsor logo on the front of a test shirt?

Relative to other sports, you'd say no, but it is a pretty significant shift for Test Cricket and how much focus they put for years on keeping the kits clean.

That said I guess when they added names and numbers on the shirts about 18 months back and letting teams add coloured piping and other variances, the ICC showed their hand.

kdalymc

Bench
if a league team pulled this shit we would blow a gasket...wadw.jpg

still on cricket-
season 2 of the BBL teams simply rocking single coloured strips, surely nobody is buying a jersey yearly like you would with NRL. do we think they will keep this up? unsure how much $$$ cricket even makes from jerseys and if its even a big deal but surely they losing cash on the BBL strips...?

flippikat

Bench
still on cricket-
season 2 of the BBL teams simply rocking single coloured strips, surely nobody is buying a jersey yearly like you would with NRL. do we think they will keep this up? unsure how much $$$ cricket even makes from jerseys and if its even a big deal but surely they losing cash on the BBL strips...?

Totally agree with this. I saw a BBL game the other day & was struck by how utterly uninspiring the uniforms were.

The Super Smash kits over here in New Zealand are more interesting, even though they're kinda weird looking.

For example, my team.. Central Districts Stags.
images

I love the one tone/colour BBL gear.

What I hate is the Hurricanes mismatching shades of the shirt / pants / pads / helmet combo. FMD!!!

Some of the others have the gear right but then either the pads or helmet is a mismatched shade.
Grinds my gears.

Or Strikers vs Heat, Stars vs Thunder or Scorchers vs Sixers - you can’t tell em apart. That’s when you need a contrast. Maybe away team can be like NRL and wear white?

sempmrh

Juniors
The plain uniforms for the BBL just shows how plastic and interchangeable all the teams are. I realise they deliberately chose colours to not link any of the teams to states or cities but you could have swapped the brands around and it wouldn’t have mattered.

That’s not to say that I’m against the BBL - I like the idea of it. But they could have done a lot better in developing the team brands.

GAZF

First Grade
The plain uniforms for the BBL just shows how plastic and interchangeable all the teams are. I realise they deliberately chose colours to not link any of the teams to states or cities but you could have swapped the brands around and it wouldn’t have mattered.
I don't know if that's 100% correct, Hobart is the hurricane capital of Australasia after all.

flippikat

Bench
Here's a rarity I just discovered today on Facebook.. the 1986 & 1988 Sharks preseason jersey.

images

Is it just me, or would this be a nice change-up from the current home jersey.. or even a heritage strip someday? (Hey, if the Broncos can wear their 1988 "jersey that never was" rejected V-design that was going to be their inaugural jersey, as a heritage one year...)

If it was to become the Sharks home jersey, maybe a mostly white design (like swapping the white & blue on their current design) could be the alternate.

More info on the rare Sharks jersey here: https://thewraparoundsite.wordpress.com/2018/08/06/the-top-8-cult-rugby-league-jerseys/

Last edited:

sempmrh

Juniors
Here's a rarity I just discovered today on Facebook.. the 1986 & 1988 Sharks preseason jersey.

images

Is it just me, or would this be a nice change-up from the current home jersey.. or even a heritage strip someday? (Hey, if the Broncos can wear their 1988 "jersey that never was" rejected V-design that was going to be their inaugural jersey, as a heritage one year...)

If it was to become the Sharks home jersey, maybe a mostly white design (like swapping the white & blue on their current design) could be the alternate.

More info on the rare Sharks jersey here: https://thewraparoundsite.wordpress.com/2018/08/06/the-top-8-cult-rugby-league-jerseys/
I don't know about replacing the Sharks home jersey but I think a mostly black version of that would make for a decent alternate.

I liked this Nines jersey from the Sharks. It was based on a sock striping pattern wasn't it?

nines_0020_jersey_0020_2014_0020_front.jpg

axl rose

Bench

That’s not to say that I’m against the BBL - I like the idea of it. But they could have done a lot better in developing the team brands.
Havent watched it in a couple of years but whatever team got the bright green and the bright pink must have drawn the short straw. I assume the old state brand like Qld Bulls, Tas Devils have been retired, bit of a waste

kdalymc

Bench
Havent watched it in a couple of years but whatever team got the bright green and the bright pink must have drawn the short straw. I assume the old state brand like Qld Bulls, Tas Devils have been retired, bit of a waste
Still alive in the Sheffield Shield and in coloured uniforms in the one day cup. I think.
And it's Taz Tigers

yakstorm

First Grade
Still alive in the Sheffield Shield and in coloured uniforms in the one day cup. I think.
And it's Taz Tigers

You're right, the Bulls, Blues, Bushrangers, Redbacks, Warriors and Tigers still live on in the Sheffield Shield and the One Day Cup, though it is very easy to miss them.

On the BBL teams, CA wasn't sure how long T20 might remain popular for, so their strategy was pretty identical to what @sempmrh outlined, minimal regional association and minimal brand depth.

It meant if it kept getting bigger they could just add more random colour teams, and if it suddenly shrunk, no one would be upset if some or all the teams disappeared.

Honestly it was not a bad strategy at the time, the old 'state' concept prevented CA from putting multiple teams in the same market and also it would have either limited player movement or added confusion (ie. Players plays for NSW Blues in Sheffield Sheffield and One Daters, but Qld Bulls in BBL).

Be interesting to see what the plan is for BBL teams domestically for the next decade or so. T20 isn't going anywhere anytime soon and the BBL, whilst it's metrics aren't heading in the right direction in the last few years, it's still the largest 'club' competition in Summer, cricket's biggest domestic product and a decent money spinner even if audiences halved.

As such, I wonder if they'll invest more into building the franchise identities, etc, or leaving it as is?

kdalymc

Bench
minimal brand depth.

It meant if it kept getting bigger they could just add more random colour teams, and if it suddenly shrunk, no one would be upset if some or all the teams disappeared.

from the get go? or just the last 2 years? cos they were doing pretty well i thought, the mascots were decent and each team did have a unique jersey- the brisbane heat flames were dope. but yeah suddenly all changed, and i didnt really read why?

Latest posts