What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jesse Ramien

carinashark

First Grade
Narrrr Noddy was unique. With Noddy you got big ears and his very talented son. Those years were torture.
Give me Chad any day.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I guess the other thing to take into account is that every year he's played for us we've played semi final football... he was in NZ when we won the spoon. Good media presence and you know he's not gonna root someone's missus or go bubbling etc. As Carch said... who would you replace him with on that sort of money?

1990 sharkie

Juniors
they don’t trust the f**ker to play his actual position for Qld.

not that this has anything to do with your bizarre hatred of a great sharks clubman .

Can you honestly say Hunt is worth 450k more per year than Chad?
Answer that.

He's stuck behind the best half in the game for QLD

No way is he worth 450k and that was never my argument, said from.the start if we're talking value for money that's something else.
I just don't think Chad is worth 550k plus all his endorsements.
No way any of the 3 you mentioned are worth a million dollars a year, more than 10% of the cap

carcharias

Immortal
He's stuck behind the best half in the game for QLD

No way is he worth 450k and that was never my argument, said from.the start if we're talking value for money that's something else.
I just don't think Chad is worth 550k plus all his endorsements.
No way any of the 3 you mentioned are worth a million dollars a year, more than 10% of the cap

Hang the f**k on then.
Go back and read my original comment.
I clearly said he was a better option than blokes on way more money.
For some weirdo reason you took exception to it then carried on like a pork chop.
Now you are agreeing with my original f**king comment.

ffs.

I walk around on game day and see these ultra kitted out fans who are obviously a few short.

I think to myself... have I interacted with this person online?

AJB1102

First Grade
Is he better than Dce or Munster?
He can't even beat Nathan Cleary to the nsw jumper and he still hasn't got a try assist in a team that's won 2 series in a row now

More similar to DCE and no not as good.

Munster .. well depends what you're after. I'd run him at FB personally.

I never mentioned NSW selections. They picked Pearce for how f**king long?

myrrh ken

First Grade
I'd give him a 5 out of 10. Serviceable. Doesn't dictate play which means he won't win or lose you a game single-handedly.

I dunno what happened to his early 2016 form where he was untouchable. Maybe he's a bit of a confidence player/ flat track bully.

Anyway, Ramien hey?

AJB1102

First Grade

When the going rate is $500k+ for a 50 odd game halfback then yeah, he's easily worth $450k.

Value for money or good return on investment is all that matters. Would you rather a Chad on $700k or Ash Taylor on a mil?

carcharias

Immortal
When the going rate is $500k+ for a 50 odd game halfback then yeah, he's easily worth $450k.

Value for money or good return on investment is all that matters. Would you rather a Chad on $700k or Ash Taylor on a mil?

he has got off the ash Taylor argument I noticed

now he has bought up DCE and Munster
Two blokes nobody here even mentioned.

1990 sharkie

Juniors
He is better than blokes getting paid way more
Eg
Foran
Ash Taylor
Ben Hunt

imagine being stuck with one of those basket cases.

Ash

of course I’m talking value for money
Also
In terms of durability
In terms of mental toughness
In terms of success
In terms of off field drama

Townsend is WAY better than all 3..
f**king Ashley Taylor is too scared to even take the field anymore.
He’ll probably never play again.
What club in their right mind would sign him?

Here you go dumbass. Your initial post didn't say value for money until I mentioned it , trying to justify how someone can be as dumb as you.

Then after that you said also in terms of success and I just pointed out that 2 out to 3 were more successful.

1990 sharkie

Juniors

Mistake in my reply. I was saying no way hunt is work 450k more. Not that Chad ain't worth 450k. I think that's his value

1990 sharkie

Juniors
More similar to DCE and no not as good.

Munster .. well depends what you're after. I'd run him at FB personally.

I never mentioned NSW selections. They picked Pearce for how f**king long?

Can't even compare him to dce. Manly this year with Chad instead of dce they'd end up in the bottom 4

I mentioned nsw. Just saying he has no chance for QLD and can't unseat a shit merkin on clearly

carcharias

Immortal
Here you go dumbass. Your initial post didn't say value for money until I mentioned it , trying to justify how someone can be as dumb as you.

Then after that you said also in terms of success and I just pointed out that 2 out to 3 were more successful.

mate
Stop

why would I mention money in the very first sentence ?

I’ll tell you why.

It’s because my point was Chad Townsend is better value than the 3 blokes I mentioned.

Better value in every aspect.

Only a f**king idiot would disagree... or not understand.

AJB1102

First Grade
I think most players are overpaid. I can't think of a current player worth $1M a year. Smith the closest but he's been on the retirement circuit for almost 3 years, you're not gonna build a club around him anymore.

It's obviously hypothetical as he's not a QLDer but when DCE was in doubt I reckon they'd have hopped on Chad.

Would ya rather Milford on almost a mil?

ghoti

Bench
Omg shut up about Townsend and pay grades and hypotheticals and rep selections (which are corrupt channel 9 favs with f**k all bearing on actual performance, Cleary a case and point) ya f**ken fools!

Quit f**ken picking at the tiny holes in the technicalities of this goddamn f**ken dumb arse argument I gotta quit this forum.

Chad's fine. 6-7/10 half...not in the top 6 in the comp, but not in the bottom 6 either. There have been no serious proven halfbacks in our squad in the last five years who'd do any better...and if anyone even THINKS about mentioning Flanagan based off five average first grade games and one good one I'll f**ken lose it