What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets Jim Beam

Jeffles

Bench
It was a good win for the team. I honestly thought it should have been more, especially when Asquith had one man in the sin bin.

Windsor, the Bulls and Wentworthville look like the stronger teams in this competition. Newtown faces the Bulls at home soon. It must be difficult in the early part of the season with all these weeks off.

2 True Blues

Coach
The boys played some great footy. The 48 to 10 win was great to watch. And will do wonders for the for and against. We are definately in this contest in 2006 !!!

2 True Blues

Coach
The Jets have an awesome line-up in the beam game against Belrose this weekend.

Reckon the boys will win by atleast 20 with that side !!!!

Jeffles

Bench
Newtown drew 14 all after being down 14-0 early in the 2nd half. In fact, Newtown had a shot at goal at the death that sailed wide. It would have won us the game. Apparently our first half was really flat.

Next week both teams have big games. They will have to lift but I've no doubt they will.

2 True Blues

Coach
Well atleast we got a point. With the side we had on paper I truly thought we would win comfortably.

Who do we play next weekend and when and where ????

2 True Blues

Coach
Belrose 14 (S Carew, W Bishop, N Leloux tries, Mortimer goal) drew with Newtown 14 (R Parker, T Nicholas, A La Vin tries, Nicholas goal).

The visitors were intent on domination in the forwards but Belrose took the ball into the gang tackles without taking a backward step. Repeated head shots produced a stream of penalties that allowed Belrose to camp in the Jets half for the first 15 minutes. In this period they crossed the tryline 3 times only to spill the ball. The scoreboard attendants werent bothered until the 37th minute when Belrose captain Steve Carew carried 3 defenders over the line and actually grounded the ball legally.

Belrose secured a strong position early in the second half when Willie Bishop picked up a rebound and ran 70 metres to score and then shortly after set up Leloux with a bullet pass. Belrose had not played since 7 May and visibly tired in the last 15 minutes. Richie Parker, who played very strongly throughout, scored and then Toufic Nicholas, as the Jets began to string a few passes together for a 14-10 scoreline with 4 minutes remaining. Twice in the last few sets Belrose knocked on when the Jets were on 6th tackle. The final scrum was packed with seconds remaining, a little chip bounced out of the defender's hands allowing Anton La Vin to score in the corner. Nicholas could not convert.

The other games went as expected: Windsor with Chan Ly at half beat the Entrance 40-16, Cabramatta beat Erina 40-18 and Wenty beat Asquith 36-12.

The stop start nature of the JB cup over the last month was due to the decision to suspend games while the Country championships were on. Erina and The Entrance had 13 of the 17 players in the Central Coast team but they got beaten by Northern Rivers so nobody played on the second blank weekend. The Woy Woy players that stuck with the club now know what it is like to be a winner, having won more games this year than the did in 3 years in the JB Cup.

****Writeup courtesy of Nfed from the NSWRL forum****:thumn

Jeffles

Bench
Newtown v Sydney Bulls this weekend. A big turnaround needed but we have the players to do it.

Get to Henson Park at 1.15pm to see the action.

2 True Blues

Coach
Bulls are always good, and this will be a real test. Will be there mate. Hope the wind stays away this weekend, it really effects the quality of play, and evens sides up that are NOT of the same quality.

GO THE JETS !!!!! Big game this one..........

2 True Blues

Coach
Beam linup for the Bulls game :

1/ Paul FISHAHI
2/ Ahmed El MASRI ( Is this bloke a relative of the other El MASRI's )
3/ Nathan McMAHON
4/ Anton La Vin
5/ ?????
6/ Toufic Nicolas ( Should be playing in the P/L side I reckon with LEWIS out and dont know why he has not been given his chance !! )
7/ Matt HABOJAN
8/ Richard PARKER
9/ Kiel ROBERTS
10/ Bill BALEILOMALOMA
11/ Khalid DEEB
12/ Tim CHALMERS
13/ Rimiti REWITI

14/ Zoran IllIJOSKI
15/ Clint STOWERS
16/ Luke MILLWOOD
17/ TBA !!!!

Definately some players absent there due to injuries !!!???!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Vicious rumor NBB !!!

Hey NBB. I attempted to send you a private message Re the game tomorrow however you have your settings set so that you can not receive any private messages.

Can you send me a message with the settings the way you have them and thus enabling me to reply to that message and send one back to you.

Thanks cobber !!!

Latest posts