What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2007 season

Nfed

Juniors
The points system came with JBC because a lot of the teams in Metro Cup had 10 or more players that had played 1st grade and new teams wouldnt come in to play them. So they brought in restrictions on player experience to reduce the strength of the strong teams and lots of new teams entered, but every year it gets harder to stay under the cap.

The Fox game this week is Cabra vs Wenty.

jets fan

Juniors
i think they will be in the gf if not just short of it based on there depth talent and the large amount of improvement left in them being a first year side and they seem to have a good balance of size and strength ask cabramatta and asquith chester hill are yet to lose

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
jets fan said:
i think they will be in the gf if not just short of it based on there depth talent and the large amount of improvement left in them being a first year side and they seem to have a good balance of size and strength ask cabramatta and asquith chester hill are yet to lose
yeah chester hill, bulls, windsor and the entrance are looking like they will be around come the business end of the season, but hey its early days, look what cabra did at the end of last year, came from no where. so ya never know

parra_jesus

Juniors
i was watching the chester hill jim beam cup team train last nite and they just dont seem to have the size in the forwards to match it with the likes of cabra. but there depth seems to be preety good.

jets fan

Juniors
there forwards are big enough maybe some not tough enough but with thommo there to guide them they will show plenty of heart i think there mobility without being to small will be the key cabbra had no answer to chester hills swarming defence despite having a big size advantage
and in terms of size dallas scia scia weighs in a least 117-20kilos and rhys ellis is playing above his weight hence winning man of the match the only forward who is quite small is wayne beh and in terms of depth the back up forwads playing a grade are bigger and just as mobile so hopefully with thommo leading the way they will become a dominant force in the comp seeing jets have left im adopting them as my new team

parra_jesus

Juniors
i agree the A grade side have a few bigger fowards.the c graders have some younger fowards who arent the biggest but have talent just need some good coaching to steer them in the right direction.

parra_jesus

Juniors
no i dont play for them , but i do help out with their under 18's side when i can so i am involved some what with the club.

overtheline

Juniors
MARLINS TEAM FINALISED FOR 2nd JIM BEAM CUP GAME V Belrose Sunday 1st April 3.00pm

1. Ian Catania
2. Jamie Manukonga
3. Jeff Zwolsman
4. Kevin Neighbour
5. Matt Coelho
6. Bryce Poisel
7. Hans Schuster
8. Jamie Dnning
9. Mitch Muir
10. Peter Magnone
11. Lewis McPhail
12. Brendon Tunbridge
13. James Keelan

16. Luke Gilmore
17. Nathan Cooper
18. Scott Sablowski
19. Craig Paku

jets fan

Juniors
parra_jesus said:
you seem to know your stuff. are u involved in the chester hill club or any jim beam teams in anyway ?

i have a few mates playing there so i come watch sometimes an unofficial player manager haha

Nfed

Juniors
Tonight:

Cabra vs Bulls at Cabra
Wenty vs Mounties ar Ringrose
Chester Hill vs The Entrance at Terry Lamb Complex

The Bulls have never won at Cabra. It looks like Puna was supended so the Bulls will have a much smaller pack.

Saturday night

Windsor vs Demons at Windsor

Sunday

Belrose vs Shellharbour at Lionel Watts
Asquith vs Erina at Storey Park

The Belrose game is on Fox next wednesday. The game will showcase an embarrassing playing surface if the council hasnt resurfaced the ground during the off season.

Nfed

Juniors
Sydney Bulls 30 (P Winterstein, D Barrakat, D Gilmore, C Salem, S Jolly, W Naiqama tries, S Jolly 3 goals) beat Cabramatta 28 (M Gruzka 2, S Aiga, A Burns, P Takchi, A Tippett tries, Tippett 2 goals) at Cabra.

Chris Yates and Chris Weaver were rotated out of the Cabra side but 2 goals from the sideline by Jolly, the Bulls 5th kicker in 2 games, proved to be the difference.

Chester Hill also beat The Entrance 30-28.

Jonelle

Juniors
Wow same score result in both games.
Watched Cabra and Bulls game and it was like watching a horse race. Both sides played well, some great trys from Cabra and Bulls seemed to dominate via their drop kicks to create successful trys.
1st half it seemed like the Ref was constantly blowing his whistle on every little thing :roll:
Sometimes I really dont know why some touchies are even there when they look confused half of the time :)
Both teams lacked in defence, endlessly letting trys in and a lot of silly mistakes, resulting in a high nose to nose score result.
Outstanding for Cabra, Sam Aiga, Matt Gruska & Francis Betham.
And for Bulls, Jolly and Winterstein and I dont know his name but he was the tallest guy on the field, but went really well.

Good luck for next week.

parra_jesus

Juniors
i was at the chester hill vs the entrance match. great win by chester hill i must say.. there c grade side went down 18-6 in the match before the jim beam cup. watching the c grade match it looks like there 6/7 (who are fringe players for the jim beam squad ) are trying to do to much and be heroes so to speak on the field which is affecting the team that and they never really challenged the sydney bulls in the second half.

Nfed

Juniors
Jonelle said:
Wow same score result in both games.
And for Bulls, Jolly and Winterstein and I dont know his name but he was the tallest guy on the field, but went really well.

Good luck for next week.

The tall guy is Dean Vicelich. He played some very good trials in Premier League and may get a run there later in the season.

In a surprise result at Ringrose Mounties beat Wenty 28-8.

The scorers in the game at Chester Hill were:

Chester Hill 30 (J Berkley 2, M Lamb 2, P Kiely, N Barry tries, C Sellings 3 goals) beat The Entrance 28 (J McLeod 2, R Wheele, S Hutchison, A Moore tries, Moore 4 goals)

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
Windsor defeated Demons 32-24 at windsor tonight.
It was a much improved game from the demons. both teams started well, windsor were first to post points when winger Dan randall(late inclusion returned from penrith) crossed out wide.
demons hit back with quick tries to fallon and peachey. they were unlucky not to score again when peach passed to cameron who was off under the posts only to be called back for a forward pass(thought it was good, but i'm one eyed,hehe)
another scoring opportunity went begging when windsor fullback spilled a bomb 10m out, ball went forward regathered by windsor player in front of fullback, referee rules went back, go figure.
in the dying minutes of first half windsor level score 12-12 through ben stuart
second half saw a nightmare 20 mins from the demons when windsor scored 4 unanswered tries to dalton, baira and another 2 to dan randall.
demons saved some face with 2 tries to ackroyd and lee cameron.

chester

Juniors
one_eyed_demon said:
Windsor defeated Demons 32-24 at windsor tonight.
It was a much improved game from the demons. both teams started well, windsor were first to post points when winger Dan randall(late inclusion returned from penrith) crossed out wide.
demons hit back with quick tries to fallon and peachey. they were unlucky not to score again when peach passed to cameron who was off under the posts only to be called back for a forward pass(thought it was good, but i'm one eyed,hehe)
another scoring opportunity went begging when windsor fullback spilled a bomb 10m out, ball went forward regathered by windsor player in front of fullback, referee rules went back, go figure.
in the dying minutes of first half windsor level score 12-12 through ben stuart
second half saw a nightmare 20 mins from the demons when windsor scored 4 unanswered tries to dalton, baira and another 2 to dan randall.
demons saved some face with 2 tries to ackroyd and lee cameron.

I bet Tim OBrien will be very disapointed with that loss I believe the Demons could of won that game.I was sitting in line with Peacheys pass to Cameron looked OK to me, the score would of been 18 to 6 in the Demons favour.When the two bench props come on the Demons lost a lot of go forward, and the right side defence is a big worry as it was last week.:(