What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2007 season

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
girvie said:
Can everyone post a possible team for the clubs.

Here is a possible Asquith one, although haven't heard the full squad. It looks like they could have a pretty strong pack.

1 Mark Curtis
2 ?
3 Chris Tuatara
4 ?
5 ?
6 Chris Lowe
7 Ciaran Williamson
8 Eddie Leuluai
9 Wade L'Estrange
10 Paul Horan
11 Leroy Houston
12 Anthony Kiro
13 Trent Waicokacola

Unfortunately i heard trent is out for the season, i think it was stress fractures in his legs or something similar

jets fan

Juniors
i have a mate at chester hill heres a side im very patchy with the names
1.Nathan Barry
2.Siah ?
3.Dean Loder
4.Paul ?
5.John Berkley
6.Clayton Sellings
7.Matt Lamb
8.Dallas Scia Scia
9.Mat Habojan
10.Dave Thompson
11.travis Robinson
12.?
13.Wayne Beh

not sure if thats the side as he said there is still the cabbra trial to go and they havent played together yet

one_eyed_demon said:
yep, its what they have been doing for years now, all clubs in the parra district get offered players that don't or aren't going to get much game time.

Aside from the old Kellyville Bushrangers which Metro Cup/JBC teams has Parramatta had an official feeder arrangement with?

Considering there are now 4 JBC sides in the Parramatta District they're spoilt for choice...

Nfed

Juniors
Could be 5 Parra clubs next year. In January Guildford announced their intention to rejoin the comp in 2008 when Perth comes in.

Nfed said:
Could be 5 Parra clubs next year. In January Guildford announced their intention to rejoin the comp in 2008 when Perth comes in.

Would be good to see the Owls back.

On one level I'm proud to see the Parra district so well represented in this level of football - but I thought the JBC was meant to become a State-wide competition (Perth's involvement being merely transitory) and move away from the Western Sydney heartland?

Stagger eel

Staff member
cumberlandsashes81 said:
Aside from the old Kellyville Bushrangers which Metro Cup/JBC teams has Parramatta had an official feeder arrangement with?

Considering there are now 4 JBC sides in the Parramatta District they're spoilt for choice...

as it stands..it appears that Seven Hills will be a feeder club this year, however I was chatting to an official at the AGM late last year about the 2008 season and assuming the national under 20's competition gets off the ground the Jim beam cup will effectively become a second tier state league and was telling me the dillema Parramatta faces by having to choose 1 of 4 clubs with the risk of getting off side with 3 of them.

* Mounties are a sleave sponsor and worth a great deal of money to the club.

* Seven Hills has effectively been using Parra players in the past.

* A large chunk of juniors do come from both Cabramatta and Ball, Mathews and sometimes Flegg and prems have been using Cabra sports ground as a home ground.

* Wentworthville, location wise is probably the best place however Historically the relationship between both clubs are somewhat strained.

It's a tough situation for the club who are trying to avoid conflict which could lead to loss of sponsership and Juniors with the clubs who feel that they may be snubbed.

If i was a betting man I would say that Mounties will be the one go to bed with Parra on this partnership.

chester

Juniors
I am sure the Demons would have some money to splash around maybe they should start splashing the Eels way.

eelavation said:
If i was a betting man I would say that Mounties will be the one go to bed with Parra on this partnership.

Has Demon Sports Club only thrown its hat into the JBC ring based on the support of the Eels this year?

Surely this embarrassment of riches in the Parramatta District makes us the epicentre of the RL universe...!

chester

Juniors
one_eyed_demon

Do you know a possible starting team for the demons, from what I read there will be a lot of Demon A grade players from last year, I can understand why they are tipped to get the spoon.The Demons would have some money to buy several experienced players that were available, I am trying to figure out why they did not do it, to be competitive this year I thought is crucial considering a possible 2nd tier comp in 2008.

chester

Juniors

Has Demon Sports Club only thrown its hat into the JBC ring based on the support of the Eels this year?

Surely this embarrassment of riches in the Parramatta District makes us the epicentre of the RL universe...!

Unquote.

I think you maybe right cumberlandsashes81, Demons maybe a one year team 2007.

Stagger eel

Staff member
cumberlandsashes81 said:

there's been some rumours about a possible merger between the Demans sports club and the Parramatta leagues club group which already has Parra Leagues, 2blues club and Vikings club in Dundas.

It may or may not happen but there has been some rumblings.

Nfed

Juniors
Seven Hills actually recruited players 2 years ago. From what I saw last sunday there will be 6 or 7 players from last years A Grade in the first 17 - but who are these "A Graders" -

Matt Kelly & Adam Fallon - recruited from Ryde Eastwood JB
Michael Kassab - Ryde Eastwood & Belrose JB
Dave Johansen - played in Metro Cup premier team for St Marys in 2001
Luke Ackroyd - Wenty JB
Barnie Haslett - Kellyville Metro and Woy Woy JB.

Shad Hayward, who will probably be hooker, got the player of the year award for Balmain Flegg about 4 years ago.

Add 10 of the players they have recruited this year and that is a respectable squad, and then Parra might provide a few more on top.

If you are looking for a weak link in the comp think about Asquith. They lost by 80 points last week. The have lost at least 18 players from last year and signed only 6 with JB/PL experience.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
cumberlandsashes81 said:

It has been the demons board's goal for the past three years since the meger with seven hills to play in the jb cup. That is why they signed coach tim o'brien 3 years ago, his job was to build a JB cup team.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
chester said:

Unquote.

I think you maybe right cumberlandsashes81, Demons maybe a one year team 2007.

any club that joins JB cup must sign a 3 year contract with NSWRL, demons have committed to this.

eels have been supporting them for past 3 years

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
Nfed said:
Seven Hills actually recruited players 2 years ago. From what I saw last sunday there will be 6 or 7 players from last years A Grade in the first 17 - but who are these "A Graders" -

Matt Kelly & Adam Fallon - recruited from Ryde Eastwood JB
Michael Kassab - Ryde Eastwood & Belrose JB
Dave Johansen - played in Metro Cup premier team for St Marys in 2001
Luke Ackroyd - Wenty JB
Barnie Haslett - Kellyville Metro and Woy Woy JB.

Shad Hayward, who will probably be hooker, got the player of the year award for Balmain Flegg about 4 years ago.

Add 10 of the players they have recruited this year and that is a respectable squad, and then Parra might provide a few more on top.

If you are looking for a weak link in the comp think about Asquith. They lost by 80 points last week. The have lost at least 18 players from last year and signed only 6 with JB/PL experience.

yeah most of those players listed will play
just signed lee cameron, brad clarke, joseph swamy
parra also sent back 3 more players this week, cant remeber their names of the top of my head, a couple were from the gold coast, someone ivan???
anyway i'll let ya know

Stagger eel

Staff member
one_eyed_demon said:
yeah most of those players listed will play
just signed lee cameron, brad clarke, joseph swamy
parra also sent back 3 more players this week, cant remeber their names of the top of my head, a couple were from the gold coast, someone ivan???
anyway i'll let ya know

Paul Ivan and Steve McPhee..

other they still contracted to the eels?????

Jonelle

Juniors
Trial game for Cabra & Chester Hill tommorrow 2.30pm at Cabramatta Sports Ground.

Few key players of Cabra will be resting this game out.

chester

Juniors
A friend of mine just informed me Demons beat Kurri Kurri 4 tries to 3.
Swamy 2 tries and Peachey 2 tries.
He said the Demons defence was very good especially on their line,however the attack was ordinary with lots of mistakes and dropped ball, and the forwards struggled with their fitness.
I do not know how good Kurri Kurri are as a football team?

Nfed

Juniors
Windsor hammered wenty 50-14 tonight at Windsor tonight. The Wolves put their best side on the field and they look a better side than last year but Ian McCann did what he always does in trials, even when they played a full strenth Canberra Raiders NRL side last year, mix half the JB team with half of the A Grade.

The Windsor team was:

1 John Russell 2 Chris Barlow 3 Luke Bannon 4 Steve Kim 25 Col Murphy 7 Sean Laurie 6 Drew Dalton 13 Ryan Tremonte 12 Jim Baira 11 Shanelle Haumono 10 Jason Wrigley 9 Ryan Russell 8 Tito Nuimata 14 Adrian Priem 15 Joel Paton 20 Ben Stewart and 2 others.

Mark Fakahua was playing for Wenty.

Latest posts