What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2007 season

Jonelle

Juniors
jets fan said:
Yeah it was a great effort from chester hill cabra had a very big pack so it made for a physical game with some big hits stand out players i noticed was the hooker mat habojan some second rower reece not sure of his last name and like u said the backs were outstanding centre dean loder was great and the two wingers were great ex jet john berkley made some great busts with 2 tries also dave thompson was punishing in defence man i wish newtown still had a jbc side :(

Yeah a great trial game by the two JBC sides. Chester Hill had a great side, huge boys and definitely a dangerous side in this comp making this competition very exciting.
I was very impressed with the way Chester Hill performed, good job well done:)

Sam Aiga and Richie Parker were outstanding for Cabra.
And noticeably Missing from Cabramatta was winger Matty Gruska, centre Francis Betham and centre Alan Burns.

Stagger eel

Staff member
one_eyed_demon said:
chris noble was balmain flegg last year, and is at parra this year, not sure of his contract status. he is centre/winger though he played some second row with balmain flegg.
he was quite impressive at the kurri trial played all 75mins of the first game then played alot of the second game.
i'll get back to you on the two new guys tomorrow

Thanks champ! :thumb

chester

Juniors
one_eyed_demon said:
whats going to be real interseting is the players teams will field for round 1, to comply with the points system. i know its tight at the demons and we aint got any big names. I saw cabra's points the other day, their top 5 players total 55 points, that leaves an average of under 4 points for the remaining 12 players, thats not even flegg standard.
teams like mounties and chester hill will surely be in the same boat due to no loylty points.
i think the bulls will once again be the team to beat.

In my opinion no clubs have any really big name players.

girvie

Staff member
chester said:
In my opinion no clubs have any really big name players.
Yeah there are Asquith have Leroy Houston, Chris Tuatara and Wade L'Estrange.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
girvie said:
Yeah there are Asquith have Leroy Houston, Chris Tuatara and Wade L'Estrange.

What! Tuatara's back in league? Didn't he go to union midway thru last year?

I wish he'd stuck with the Bulldogs. Out of Ngawini, Salanoa, Davui and Tua, i rated Tua more then the rest and believed he'd be our centre solution.

Hopefully he gets picked up by someone. Curious to see whether Leroy makes an impact...

girvie

Staff member
Valea said:
What! Tuatara's back in league? Didn't he go to union midway thru last year?

I wish he'd stuck with the Bulldogs. Out of Ngawini, Salanoa, Davui and Tua, i rated Tua more then the rest and believed he'd be our centre solution.

Hopefully he gets picked up by someone. Curious to see whether Leroy makes an impact...
Yeah Tuatara was playing Union for Eastwood. But he's come back to League to play for Asquith. They are his junior club. I think he is cousins with Leroy Houston.

He is definitely much better than Jim Beam Cup standard.

girvie

Staff member
Spike said:
Does Asquith still have an affiliation with the Bears girve?
I'm not sure. In 2005 a number of Bears players turned out for Asquith but last year it didn't happen.

I hope a few excess Bears players play for Asquith again this year. It would help both clubs.

Nfed

Juniors
250 supporters attended the Sydney Bulls 2007 launch at Le Montage at Leichhardt last night. Andy Raymond from Foxsports was MC and following his election to the Bulldogs Football Club Board, Ray Dib handed over the Chairman's position to Paul Dunn.

Since the end of the 2005 season the club has lost 8 players who started in 2000 or 2001 but they retain Paul Winterstein, Chris Salem and Anthony Mansour from the inaugural season. Winterstein, scorer of 3 tries in last years Grand Final is club captain.

The auctions and other fundraising activities raised more than $40k on the night and the President of the Bankstown Sports Club and the Handlebar Tavern presented a six figure cheque as major sponsor.

Wenty and Cabra in the first 2 rounds should indicate how the rebuilt side is placed.

Glenn

First Grade
girvie said:
I'm not sure. In 2005 a number of Bears players turned out for Asquith but last year it didn't happen.

I hope a few excess Bears players play for Asquith again this year. It would help both clubs.

AFAIK that is still the case.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
eelavation said:
can you tell me a little more about Chris Noble???

are the 2 players in question Kyle Schuster and Josh Davis???...also is Simon Micallef part of that squad as well??

yep thats them, haven't heard anything about simon

chester

Juniors
Just curious, with the talk of the Demons alliance with the Eels this year, if a player from the Jim Beam Cup squad was playing at a high standard, would the Eels give the player a shot at P/L ??? or would they just bring back a player they have previously returned to the Demons??? I believe at Chester Hill Jim Beam Cup players will get a go if good enough.

Mad Goanna

Juniors
chester said:
Just curious, with the talk of the Demons alliance with the Eels this year, if a player from the Jim Beam Cup squad was playing at a high standard, would the Eels give the player a shot at P/L ??? or would they just bring back a player they have previously returned to the Demons??? I believe at Chester Hill Jim Beam Cup players will get a go if good enough.

And will that also change the players points value if he was to return to his JBC club?

Stagger eel

Staff member
chester said:

absolutely, especially if stocks are thin due to injury.

Nfed

Juniors
Mad Goanna said:
And will that also change the players points value if he was to return to his JBC club?

The Points for each player are established at the start of each season and do not change until the start of the next season.

Rise_Above13

Juniors
girvie said:
Yeah Tuatara was playing Union for Eastwood. But he's come back to League to play for Asquith. They are his junior club. I think he is cousins with Leroy Houston.

He is definitely much better than Jim Beam Cup standard.

Tua played one game in union then went to berowra (norths/manly comp) for the remainder of 06. a highlight was him scoring 6 tries against belrose A grade before the semis. Berowra was knocked out by forrestville.

Top bloke! played with him at berowra last year

Latest posts