What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2007 season

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
chester said:
I bet Tim OBrien will be very disapointed with that loss I believe the Demons could of won that game.I was sitting in line with Peacheys pass to Cameron looked OK to me, the score would of been 18 to 6 in the Demons favour.When the two bench props come on the Demons lost a lot of go forward, and the right side defence is a big worry as it was last week.:(
yeah the were all pretty filthy, they definetly could have won it. right side was put on notice after last week and given another chance last night, it's fair to say there will be changes for next week.
Depending on how they trial against st mary's in A grade this arvo, front rowers Paul Horan(asquith) and 7Hills front rower josh chaplin(back from overseas) may get called up next week.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
eelavation said:
hey One_eyed has Kyle Schuster had a run yet???
he played in an A grade trial 3 or 4 weeks ago vs windsor and had his nose broken, he is back again today in the trial against st marys.
they have also sent back another front/back rower who is playing today, cant think of his name.
steve mcphee has been playing in the last couple of A grade trials

Nfed

Juniors
I think the Asquith team was pretty much the same as last week, although OED's post it appears that Paul Horan has also gone to Seven Hills. I did see that Sean Storie and Ben Carney were on the Asquith bench this week.

Nfed

Juniors
Belrose 40 (M Mirabito 2, T Joseph 2, J Warren, N Hollingsworth, M Takau, M Forrest tries, J Croot 3, R Plummer goals) beat Shellharbour 10 (K Neighbour, L McPhail tries, M Coelho goal) at Lionel Watts Oval today.

Belrose dominated the first half on a hot day. The 14-4 scoreline was a bit deceptive in that the Marlins spent only about 5 minutes in Belrose territory and their try came when Neighbour picked up a loose ball and ran 90 metres to score.

When Takau scored just after the break it looked Belrose would run away with it but the Marlins got some territory and reduced to gap to 18-10. Belrose then took advantage of the extra space when Magnone was put in the bin to score 3 tries in 10 minutes. Joseph added another and the home side were almost over again as the hooter sounded.

Belrose looked a much better side when Richie Plummer came into the game and prop Jarred Warren looks like he has developed his game considerably in the 2 years since he played as an occasional benchman for the Sydney Bulls. He certainly is a man mountain.

While most sides in the comp field teams with 90-100 points under the PPIS, Shellharbour had only 70 and it shows. While the defended capably for much of the game, the UK import Neighbour was the only one that looked like making a break.

With St George having no Flegg side you would think they would have a large P/L squad and the Marlins need to get 5 each week from Saints if they are to be competitive (they had 1 today).

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
Nfed said:
Belrose 40 (M Mirabito 2, T Joseph 2, J Warren, N Hollingsworth, M Takau, M Forrest tries, J Croot 3, R Plummer goals) beat Shellharbour 10 (K Neighbour, L McPhail tries, M Coelho goal) at Lionel Watts Oval today.

Belrose dominated the first half on a hot day. The 14-4 scoreline was a bit deceptive in that the Marlins spent only about 5 minutes in Belrose territory and their try came when Neighbour picked up a loose ball and ran 90 metres to score.

When Takau scored just after the break it looked Belrose would run away with it but the Marlins got some territory and reduced to gap to 18-10. Belrose then took advantage of the extra space when Magnone was put in the bin to score 3 tries in 10 minutes. Joseph added another and the home side were almost over again as the hooter sounded.

Belrose looked a much better side when Richie Plummer came into the game and prop Jarred Warren looks like he has developed his game considerably in the 2 years since he played as an occasional benchman for the Sydney Bulls. He certainly is a man mountain.

While most sides in the comp field teams with 90-100 points under the PPIS, Shellharbour had only 70 and it shows. While the defended capably for much of the game, the UK import Neighbour was the only one that looked like making a break.

With St George having no Flegg side you would think they would have a large P/L squad and the Marlins need to get 5 each week from Saints if they are to be competitive (they had 1 today).

belrose seem a much better side than last year. the demons boys were saying they were a better side than the windsor team. who knows could be a good year for the eagles

Jared is a big boy isn't he, he has trimmed down alot since the last time i saw him. he also has a brother arron, of similar age who is also a front rower, not sure where he is now, played jnrs at balmain with jared then flegg i think at cronulla. Was a handy player, not quite as big as jared but alot more mobile.

Nfed

Juniors
one_eyed_demon said:
belrose seem a much better side than last year. the demons boys were saying they were a better side than the windsor team. who knows could be a good year for the eagles

Jared is a big boy isn't he, he has trimmed down alot since the last time i saw him. he also has a brother arron, of similar age who is also a front rower, not sure where he is now, played jnrs at balmain with jared then flegg i think at cronulla. Was a handy player, not quite as big as jared but alot more mobile.

Yeah Belrose lost a lot of games by a couple of points in the last 2 seasons and they were going to drop out until Manly said they needed an open age team to back them up. 12 players have played for both clubs in 2 seasons.

Aaron Warren was at the game today. He played JBC for Newtown in 2005. They both played for North Ryde last year. I was also thinking today that Aaron would be a far better proposition that Shannon Cameron, who came down from Brisbane last year and was flicked after one comp game with the Bulls. Cameron makes one run and then rests for 15 minutes.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
Nfed said:
Yeah Belrose lost a lot of games by a couple of points in the last 2 seasons and they were going to drop out until Manly said they needed an open age team to back them up. 12 players have played for both clubs in 2 seasons.

Aaron Warren was at the game today. He played JBC for Newtown in 2005. They both played for North Ryde last year. I was also thinking today that Aaron would be a far better proposition that Shannon Cameron, who came down from Brisbane last year and was flicked after one comp game with the Bulls. Cameron makes one run and then rests for 15 minutes.

Yeah didn't rate shannon cameron, he is the short fat one isn't he? very lazy
so aaron is having the year off? think he was injured early on last year wasn't he and didn't play much for ryde

Stagger eel

Staff member
one_eyed_demon said:
he played in an A grade trial 3 or 4 weeks ago vs windsor and had his nose broken, he is back again today in the trial against st marys.
they have also sent back another front/back rower who is playing today, cant think of his name.
steve mcphee has been playing in the last couple of A grade trials

Jeremey Latimore or Blake Blackburn???

Nfed

Juniors
one_eyed_demon said:
Yeah didn't rate shannon cameron, he is the short fat one isn't he? very lazy
so aaron is having the year off? think he was injured early on last year wasn't he and didn't play much for ryde

Yeah thats Cameron. I dont know what Aaron's situation is but it sounds like you know a lot about them.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
Nfed said:
Yeah thats Cameron. I dont know what Aaron's situation is but it sounds like you know a lot about them.
Yeah i was playing A grade for northern districts in the north sydney comp about 6 years ago the warrens were playing C grade at the the time, they filled in a couple of times for us. I actually tried to get them both to 7 hills when i started there back in 05. aaron was picked up by cronulla while jared was with us until the bulls offered more than we could afford.
He is in so much better shape than back then.

chester

Juniors
one_eyed_demon said:
Yeah i was playing A grade for northern districts in the north sydney comp about 6 years ago the warrens were playing C grade at the the time, they filled in a couple of times for us. I actually tried to get them both to 7 hills when i started there back in 05. aaron was picked up by cronulla while jared was with us until the bulls offered more than we could afford.
He is in so much better shape than back then.

Hi one_eyed_demon can I ask what your affiliation is with the Demons, staff,player???
you certainly appear to know lots of good info :D :) :cool:

jets fan

Juniors
great win by chester hill they were their own worst enemy letting the entrance back in the game but still a tough gritty win with an exciting finish which included a bomb on the final siren 10m out with rhinos holding on to win 30-28 who would u pick for your standouts parra jesus i thought the wingers were great and thommo was great once again

Rise_Above13

Juniors
erina got smashed dont know tha score but no one was happy at preso.. apparently chris tuatara calved us up.. great player!

Nfed

Juniors
A few more player movments:

Billy Bilaleomalona (Newtown) to Newcastle Wests
Remini Reweti (Newtown) to Wollongong Collegians
Atoa Lelilio (Cabra) to South Darwin

chester

Juniors
one_eyed_demon said:
yeah i am the team manager, so i'm a bit bias :)

What is the situation with Bristow Kelly and any good forwards returned from the Eels ??
My starting front row would be Johnson and Johansen.
I understand points may be a problem. In my opinion Johnson was pretty close to man of the match, I also noticed on the Demons site David Peachey scored a try:eek: :?

Latest posts