What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2007 season

overtheline

Juniors
And to add insult to Wenty. Shellharbour had a player sent off just prior to half time.The Marlins played the second half with only 12 players.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
chester said:
Mounties 54 Demons 16 :x
yep mounties were good demons were not so good.
demons scored first though ackroyd then it was all one way traffic as mounties went into the break leading 34-6. Front rowers betham and amone were allowed to offload all day, actually most mounties were allowed to offload all day. also terrible defence saw mounties backline scoring at will.
Betham is a great signing for mounties and he is only worth 2 pts. continually popped a pass sometimes even with 3 and 4 defenders.
second half was a little better for demons with mounties scoring 4 tries to 2.

scorers for mounties :Mercer 2,betham, charlie H, ly,russell, swindells, burns, horsey, bennett. russell 7 from 10 kicks
Demons: ackroyd, cameron,trad. ackroyd 1 from 3 kicks.

demons got some work to do for clash with wenty next week

Nfed

Juniors
The Entrance beat Asquith 46-6 so the table is:

11 Belrose
10 Windsor
9 The Entrance
8 Mounties
7 Sydney Bulls
6 Cabramatta, Chester Hill
4 Wenty, Shellharbour
3 Erina
2 Seven Hills, Asquith

Jonelle

Juniors
I agree NFED. The Bulls and Belrose are good at score trying but their defence?

What a result to Mounties, they play Cabra this week so looks like the Bethams will be clashing this weekend :)

I think Mounties are a dangerous side. With the Parra add on's throughout the season could be their advantage.

Nfed

Juniors
Jonelle said:
Also, can anyone tell me which game will be screened on Foxsports this week?

The game is Windsor vs Erina.

Jonelle, do you know if Nathan Carr is going to play any games this year or did he have to retire because of the points system?

Jonelle

Juniors
Nfed said:
The game is Windsor vs Erina.

Jonelle, do you know if Nathan Carr is going to play any games this year or did he have to retire because of the points system?

The last I heard he was playing A Grade but currently on a break due to personal commitments as his wife is expecting any day.
As far as I know he has not retired. :)

Nfed

Juniors
McConkie Tausa, formerly with the Roosters P/L and Central Comets in the Qld Cup, started the season with Parramatta but I see that he played for his junior club, Windsor in the JBC on saturday.

Does anyone know if he has been cut by Parramatta or just on loan.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
Nfed said:
McConkie Tausa, formerly with the Roosters P/L and Central Comets in the Qld Cup, started the season with Parramatta but I see that he played for his junior club, Windsor in the JBC on saturday.

Does anyone know if he has been cut by Parramatta or just on loan.

THINK HE IS BACK THERE FOR GOOD , TRYING TO GET A START WITH PENRITH NOW.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Wrong Eye said:
THINK HE IS BACK THERE FOR GOOD , TRYING TO GET A START WITH PENRITH NOW.

really??

are you sure about that? because Parra are tarting their players around to other JBC side.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
Jonelle said:
In the Big League book this morning, Alf Betham is named back in the Parra squad.
yeah i didn't think it would be long before he is back there, he was a standout for mounties on the weekend, a cut above all other players on the park

Jonelle

Juniors
Also, Players that get dropped from Parra PL get to pick which JBC team under Parra they would like to join if a position is avail to them.
Apparently Alf chose Cabra but because Cabra didnt need forwards he then chose Mounties.

Nfed

Juniors
ERINA'S Jim Beam Cup season goes on the line against two of the best clubs in the competition during the next two weeks.

The Eagles hopes of qualifying for the finals for the first time will be all but over unless they beat either Belrose on Sunday or the Sydney Bulls the following week.
Two more defeats would see the Eagles battling to avoid the wooden spoon.
After a poor start to the season Erina is languishing near the bottom of the table with only three competition points.
Belrose is flying high with five wins and a draw.
``We need to start winning games,'' Eagles coach Mark Horo said.
``I think we've got a side capable of making the finals but winning at least one of our next two games is crucial.''
The Eagles were beaten 20-10 by Windsor last week but Horo rated the performance one of the best of the season.
``If we play like that every week we'll win a lot more than we lose,'' Horo said.
``I'm confident we'll be good enough to win plenty more football games this season.''
The Eagles will be without back-rowers David Vial (ribs) and Dave Ryman (shoulder) on Sunday.
Both were injured in the defeat against the Wolves.
Eddie Heihei will start in the second row, while former Roosters lower grader Luke Roberts has been named to start at right centre.
Roberts comes in for Alan Munro who will be used as a back-rower off the bench.
Meanwhile The Entrance Tigers are at home to Shellharbour at Bateau Bay Oval on Sunday. That game kicks off at 2.30pm.

Nfed

Juniors
Round 7

Saturday
Sydney Bulls vs Asquith at The Crest Staduim at 3.30 pm (Bulldogs vs Newcastle in Flegg at 2pm)
Cabramatta vs Mounties at Cabramatta Sports Ground at 5pm
Windsor vs Chester Hill at Windsor at 7pm

Sunday
Wenty vs Seven Hills Demons at Ringrose Park at 2.30pm
The Entrance vs Shellharbour at EDSACC at 2.30pm
Belrose vs Erina at Lionel Watts Reserve at 3pm

Jonelle

Juniors
Cabra beat Mounties 12 to 4. Tough game for both sides.
Outstanding for Cabra, Dominic & Chris Yates.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
Wenty gave 7hills a big touchup 46-6
tryscorers for wenty Bailey 2, Patallis 2, Byrne, Herring, Michelef, Woodlands. Mowbrey 7 from 8

lonely tryscorer for demons, Kassab. Ackroyd one from one

Halftime score was 30-0

chester

Juniors
one_eyed_demon said:
Wenty gave 7hills a big touchup 46-6
tryscorers for wenty Bailey 2, Patallis 2, Byrne, Herring, Michelef, Woodlands. Mowbrey 7 from 8

lonely tryscorer for demons, Kassab. Ackroyd one from one

Halftime score was 30-0

The Demons are terrible in the middle, the forwards and the halves are A graders, the centres and wings who appear to have some talent never get ball with room to move,I doubt it if they will win another game this season.

Latest posts