What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2008 season

metroman

Juniors
Windsor kick off, ball hangs a bit, Jolly catches passes to Farah, gang tackle, huge explosion of bodies, Daniel King and Farah dont move.

After a few minutes King gets up and shakes his head and plays on. Farah on a strecher and off to hospital.

Ram Man

Juniors
Windsor kick off, ball hangs a bit, Jolly catches passes to Farah, gang tackle, huge explosion of bodies, Daniel King and Farah dont move.

After a few minutes King gets up and shakes his head and plays on. Farah on a strecher and off to hospital.

Any report on injuries sustained or anything of that matter?

Hope all is well, he is a good man big Faz, would hate to see him seriously injured.

metroman

Juniors
I dont have the exact details but at least a broken jaw and problems with teeth, possibly cheekbone as well.

LimeTime

Juniors
Congrats to Windsor on winning the JB Cup and comisserations to the bulls,is there any news on Charlie Farah's injuries yet? ( just saw your post Metro thanks ) sounds bloody nasty.
Yatesy hasn't left Cabra has he ? he is the kind of leader that we need ,it will be a sad and sorry day when he is no longer part of the club

Ram Man

Juniors
Congrats to Windsor on winning the JB Cup and comisserations to the bulls,is there any news on Charlie Farah's injuries yet? ( just saw your post Metro thanks ) sounds bloody nasty.
Yatesy hasn't left Cabra has he ? he is the kind of leader that we need ,it will be a sad and sorry day when he is no longer part of the club

Havent heard much about Farah yet Limey, only what metroman has posted, doesnt sound too flash though.
I havent heard that Yatesy has left, I think it was just speculation at this stage with some people calling for change simply because of the amount of points he demands (I think he is still around14 points)

Good to see our jinx is still running hot with both of us tipping the Bulls!
Bad luck to Wino and the boys, especially Jolly as he is a champion bloke and it would have been nice for him to go out a winner. But who knows he may even strap on the boots again next year...he loves it.
Congrats to Windsor, showed good character for coming back from a 50 point flogging from the Bulls in the 1st QF.
Let the Rumour mill and rubbish talk about signings and feuds begin for the pre-season...Silly Season is here!

LimeTime

Juniors
Ahhh speculation ..lol let the games begin , I think Chris was still 15pts on the game day sheets this year ,and in my opinion worth every one of em ,yes I havn't been able to tip a winner in any of the senior comps ,except for the raiders toyota cup side ...( so far )

100yearsRL

Juniors
Havent heard much about Farah yet Limey, only what metroman has posted, doesnt sound too flash though.
I havent heard that Yatesy has left, I think it was just speculation at this stage with some people calling for change simply because of the amount of points he demands (I think he is still around14 points)

Good to see our jinx is still running hot with both of us tipping the Bulls!
Bad luck to Wino and the boys, especially Jolly as he is a champion bloke and it would have been nice for him to go out a winner. But who knows he may even strap on the boots again next year...he loves it.
Congrats to Windsor, showed good character for coming back from a 50 point flogging from the Bulls in the 1st QF.
Let the Rumour mill and rubbish talk about signings and feuds begin for the pre-season...Silly Season is here!

Yeah its a tough game rugby league but no of us like to see serious injuries, hope he recovers fully.
Silly season??? I think it arrived about 3 weeks ago.
No footy after next weekend on a consistent basis apart from world cup, and that will only heat up when we reach the final. All you people who have supplied lots of information on the JB , thanks, not a supporter of any one team except rugby league. Bring on 09 it should be fine.

Roland

Juniors
Cousins Tim Wynn (Wenty) and Nathan Wynn (Sydney Bulls) have been signed by Toulouse. They will travel across the Channel every second week as the french club has been accepted into the National League 1 comp in Britain.

They will be joined by former Panther and Kinight prop Brendan Worth.

Erina7Eagle

Hi guys spoke 2 a few dragons officials looks like Mark Horo will coach Dragons feeder club next year . Entrance big chance to be back in jim beam waiting for sponsorship update . I here the bulls have linked with Betezy in a sponsorship deal does anyone have any info on this . Also yates from cabramatta has been offered player/coach role with new penrith team. Does anyone have any news on chester hill for next year. erina will step back to local coast comp due to funding which i said before is def a step backwards . Go manly this week i used to work with peter peters yrs ago .

Roland

Juniors
It would be great to get the Entrance back. Even though they lost plenty of players to State cup sides and the Newcastle comp they still went through the season in the Central Coast undefeated and won the grand final 50-4.

A strong junior structure does influence the make up of some clubs in this competition but Windsor's 40 junior teams had minimal impact on their premiership. The superb match day program indicates that but for a late substitution of Croft for Smith, Ben Stewart would have been the only Windsor junior in the 17.

As you might expect with players attracted to Sydney seeking a professional career, Windsor has plenty of players from Queensland, Country NSW, NZ, several other Penrith clubs and other Sydney districts.

Stewart played very well but I would say that the first tackle of the game, after which play was held up for 10 minutes, was the most influential factor in the result. It can only be hoped that the wonders of modern medicine can restore Charlie Farah's face but I suspect he will have no memory of his final moments in the sport.

The Bulls managed to score 2 tries in the first few minutes after half time to reduce the deficit to 22-16 but too many penalties and missed tackles meant there would be no reversal.
I am not convinced that a team without a strong junior base will have what it takes long term to be successful.
Sure you might win a few comps and stay in the finals race each year but throwing money at it each year to acheive those results does not make a good club.
JBC works on a points system as we all know and any club can go out and buy players but the junior low pointers are still the key.
Beside, who can honestly say that a team with players and officials and no supporters is a club.
On another note, I hope to see big Charlie Farah back on the field in 2009 whoever he plays for as I have only ever heard good things about the bloke and hope he recovers fast.
Erina pulling out of the comp is a blow but I have heard that The Entrance are quite happy to win the local A Grade undefeated so a return to the big league is out for them.
On Yatesy, I have heard that he has been offered a deal with Chester Hill and despite what Cabra4ever says, even though he is high points he is a good club man.
Maybe if he retires he could be offered the coaching job for JBC?
I have also heard that Beaumont is still pushing heavily to be voted onto the board for next year.

metroman

Juniors
Oh well Windsor managed to win with only 2 juniors in the side. I think they will be chance again next year even if none of their juniors make the team again.

Former Sydney Bulls hooker Callan Myles has been recruited by the Mackay Cutters Queensland Cup side for 2009. He joins other ex Bulls Luke Millwood and Jamie Frizzo in the Mackay team.

Ram Man

Juniors
Oh well Windsor managed to win with only 2 juniors in the side. I think they will be chance again next year even if none of their juniors make the team again.

Former Sydney Bulls hooker Callan Myles has been recruited by the Mackay Cutters Queensland Cup side for 2009. He joins other ex Bulls Luke Millwood and Jamie Frizzo in the Mackay team.

Luke Millwood is playing for the Northern Pride not Mackay.

Still waiting on confirmation of Belrose being included in the JBC. All fingers are crossed.
It looks as though Greg Hilton will retire as well as club stalwart Martin Cook.
Another player is looking at heading to France to play.

Last edited:

Roland

Juniors
Thats right Ram Man Myles, Frizzo and Millwood are in the Pride which is Cairns not Mackay.

Last edited:

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
Luke Millwood is playing for the Northern Pride not Mackay.

Still waiting on confirmation of Belrose being included in the JBC. All fingers are crossed.
It looks as though Greg Hilton will retire as well as club stalwart Martin Cook.
Another player is looking at heading to France to play.
When will Belrose make a decesion on whether they are in or out .
Are they maybe looking at filling the void in NSW Cup with no Manly.

Ram Man

Juniors
When will Belrose make a decesion on whether they are in or out .
Are they maybe looking at filling the void in NSW Cup with no Manly.

We have had that offered to us but it makes it a little difficult for us with our facilities. Everyone knows our home ground is completely farked. Plus we are not and never have got any financial aid from Manly, and they are still not offering it even if we enter NSW (from what I have heard)
Plus the fact that if we did enter the NSW Cup and we suffer injuries, it makes it harder for blokes in our A grade side to step up to NSW Cup rather than JBC.

Not sure on when the decision will be made as yet but hopefully we will be in the JBC.

100yearsRL

Juniors
It is rumoured that Eddie Sua, played last couple of seasons with the sharks, few 1st grade games, has signed to play with Mounties JB in 2009 while there is a rumour that Luke Branighan has left Cabra again for a overseas gig in England. It has begun the silly season.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hopefully the Reds can go raiding and find a couple of big props and a decent half back!

Apparently we were offered a place in NSW cup for next season but turned it down as we aren't ready yet.