What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JLT Sheffield Shield 2017/18

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There's a Fox Sports article this morning saying Renshaw is under pressure to retain his Test spot and that Nic Maddinson will be watched closely when opening with Warner for NSW as a potential replacement as he is seen as someone who can "up the tempo".... Is this really a thing? I mean Really? Has anyone else heard this agenda being pushed? I am assuming the article is one big piss take or the author was high when he submitted it....

clickbait

Iafeta

Referee
Lol Nic Maddinson

His stint at Test level last year made Adam Lyth look like Graeme Pollock!

I hope you're dumb enough to pick him again.

I'll need something to laugh at this summer in between watching England get sodomised.

He's this generations Mark Ramprakash. Sans the batting talent.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'm sorry but dropping Cowan is nonsense. It devalues the Sheffield Shield to being a 'development league'.

Should Cameron Smith be dropped for Brandon Smith because he's 12 years younger?

Just pick the best XI at all times and the rest will sort itself out because the moment winning stops being the primary goal then a competition has lost its credibility.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm sorry but dropping Cowan is nonsense. It devalues the Sheffield Shield to being a 'development league'.

Should Cameron Smith be dropped for Brandon Smith because he's 12 years younger?

Just pick the best XI at all times and the rest will sort itself out because the moment winning stops being the primary goal then a competition has lost its credibility.
But Eddie Cowan sniffs his own farts.

But so does Cameron Smith.

T-Boon

Coach

Ed can go play else where. NSW promotes the youth. We have been doing that for 120 years and we develop the best cricketers on the planet.
The idea of the Sheffield Shield is great but in reality it hasn't exactly been prestigious for many years.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Blues belting SA

SA 7/77

Copeland 4/13 (would love him to be fit and picked for the UK ashes)

Eelectrica

Referee
Renshaw having a tough time of it lately. Hope he can lift his game in the next shield matches or Warner is going to have a new opening partner for the start of the ashes.
Good to see Khawaja getting a few runs though.

Incorrect

Coach
SA all out 92

Copeland 6/24

Now the batting gets difficult under lights...
Trent Copeland has been NSW's best bowler just about any time he gets a chance in the past few seasons... Dunno what it is about him, he looks like he sends them down slower than Nathan Lyon... Stump to stump with a bit of seam off the deck.... Simple stuff

How many lbw's in that bag of wickets today do you know TPB??

King hit

Coach
Ed can go play else where. NSW promotes the youth. We have been doing that for 120 years and we develop the best cricketers on the planet.
The idea of the Sheffield Shield is great but in reality it hasn't exactly been prestigious for many years.

The only time the Sheffield Shield becomes really important these days is when there needs to be a revamp of the test team like after the Hobart crash against South Africa or when there is a spot up for grabs.

Incorrect

Coach
Being bowled out for 92 is disgraceful. NSW haven't started well with the bat.
I just checked the scorecard, SA were 0 for 32...so they lost 10 for 60!!

Blues 2 for 20-odd, Dogga fell cheaply, so too Smith.... Warner batting Patterson

lockyno1

Post Whore
Maddinson with a stellar knock

Meanwhile I hear there is an opener they left out while they played this dud...

TIGER14

Bench
Around the grounds: 1 from 3 before being caught for the Nugget. Nevill current 5* from 27

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
very unWarner like innings from Warner last night

we should have pitches like this more often, our batsmen might learn more on these surfaces than batting on roads

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Blues belting SA

SA 7/77

Copeland 4/13 (would love him to be fit and picked for the UK ashes)

he is too slow to step up to international level, he was tried previously when he was in some amazing form for NSW but at 120ks he just gets belted at international level

Latest posts