What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

joe lovodua ..........

BLM01

First Grade
You are quite the moron. The only way the game can grow is -

1. by expansion - Perth, bris2, nz2
2. Via international competition - tonga beating Australia? Yeh right would any team in the nrl beat them.
1. How can it grow when it is receding at most levels in its heartland. Their are not the players and quality and depth to expand ATM. It would just be like the 97 SL teams again of Reds, Rams, Crushers & Mariners made up of diluted current NRL teams etc. You would have 1 -2 super compettitve teams and the rest make up the numbers
2. 100% cortrect. That forward pack was awesome and would be the envy of any side.

The only problem with the international calendar IMO as is like the cricket there is too much of it.

possm

Coach
Yes- if anything, there tends to be a weak correlation between playing ability and coaching ability. The best and most successful coaches of the last 40 years or so were mainly average (at best) players- I'm referring to Jack Gibson, Warren Ryan, Bennett and Bellamy.
Harry Bath also did well.

Crush

Coach
You are quite the moron. The only way the game can grow is -

1. by expansion - Perth, bris2, nz2
2. Via international competition - tonga beating Australia? Yeh right would any team in the nrl beat them.
Mate nobody gives a toss about "international" rugby league. Did I see that they played an "international" at WIN stadium this year? Lol
Ask any NRL fan if they'd prefer to see their country of origin win a world cup or their club team win a comp, we both know the answer. I'd rather Dragons beat Souths in a charity shield than Kangaroos beat Tonga.

BLM01

First Grade
It is early days for him but he is showing his versatility, I think we have enough options available without signing Luke who is at the end of his career.
You may be right but if McInnes stays fit we wont see much of either around hooker anyway but Luke is a better back up ATM for 9..as you said JL has a bit of versatility for any position.

possm

Coach
We have so many holes in our NRL squad, I don't understand to sign Luke and to retain Lovodua. It must be the case that Luke will wear the number 14 this season.

BLM01

First Grade
We have so many holes in our NRL squad, I don't understand to sign Luke and to retain Lovodua. It must be the case that Luke will wear the number 14 this season.
Lovudua can play several positions in the forwards

possm

Coach
Lovudua can play several positions in the forwards
Given that De Belin becomes available, Graham retires on medical grounds and we lose Leilua and gain Merin our forward pack and bench should look like this:
Vaughan
McInnes
Merin
T Sims
Frizell
De Belin

Luke
Kerr
K Sims
Laurie

Ford to partner Ravalawa in the centres. Lomax at fullback, Norman and Hunt in the halves with Norman at first receiver and controlling the plays.

BLM01

First Grade
Given that De Belin becomes available, Graham retires on medical grounds and we lose Leilua and gain Merin our forward pack and bench should look like this:
Vaughan
McInnes
Merin
T Sims
Frizell
De Belin

Luke
Kerr
K Sims
Laurie

Ford to partner Ravalawa in the centres. Lomax at fullback, Norman and Hunt in the halves with Norman at first receiver and controlling the plays.
Were you not talking about the forwards which is OK. But then you waffed onto the backs flogging the same horse. You know i will disagree with you re the backs and your centres wont happen.