What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel as good as gone

legend

Coach
Not joking. The guy is one of the fastest in the NRL and a prolific try scorer in a bad team. He could be a 20 try player for us, I have no doubt.

jed

First Grade
I'd be happy if we signed Donald - how much would he be costing us though?

mike83au

Juniors
Well, i've come on hear tonight to basically celebrate a fantastic Raiders performance against the Broncos this arvo, and I see this thread.

I've read it with some interest and I'm not really sure I'm up to speed - I'm pretty sure I'm missing something.

Besides the apparent offer from the Roosters, why are some guys on here getting so worked up? Has Joel said that he's not gonna be at the Raiders next season? Has he said anything?

I haven't heard anything exept for the fact that there are up to 6 clubs chasing his signature. So i beg the question - what has brought this thread (and this anger on) ??

greeneyed

First Grade
Go and read the threads where we reported the CT comments today from Joel. I think I put them on the player market news thread. He doesn't sound too rusted on.

legend

Coach
Donald signed for Manly at 60k per season so I would think we could get him at 100k a season over three years. Not too much of a dent in the salary cap and we can leave Phil in the centres, where he is at his most lethal.

greeneyed

First Grade
Ballboy...have you given the petition to Joel yet? We need action in the next day or two. 30 June is not that far off.

Anonymous

Juniors
The anger has subsided now.

Firstly:

The Waratahs are not a joke. You trying playing well with 3 of your best players our for the season.

Secondly:

The anger displayed toward Joel here is largely due to the rumours he wants to go because he doesnt want to tough it out at a rebuilding side. I think this is more than justifiable.

jed

First Grade
Timbo said:
The anger displayed toward Joel here is largely due to the rumours he wants to go because he doesnt want to tough it out at a rebuilding side. I think this is more than justifiable.

Precisely - let's see what actually happens in the weeks ahead, Wiki too. A lot of stories are going around right now, with un-named sources that are claimed to be close to both players, but at the end of the day, only Joel & Ruben will make that decision.

I'll be pissed off if Joel goes to the roosters, simple as that. I hope he stays, but life goes on without him. Gives Phil a chance, who seems to be relishing his opportunity in the top team at the moment.

Ballboy, tell him to stay or he get's knee-capped. :|

greeneyed

First Grade
I would prefer if Joel went to Manly to play with his brother than goes to the Roosters. The Roosters are the epitome of evil.

Milne? He's a winger though, although he's in great form.

Phil seems to actually play better on the wing IMO. That and he's not found out as much in defence.

greeneyed

First Grade
But Joel is only 22.... it is no good bringing players on until they are 22 from juniors saying... oh ok there is another junior coming on... otherwise we won't have players in the top grade and we will just be developing them for other teams........ we need to keep our own juniors.... If we think Joel is the real deal we HAVE to retain him.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Maybe flying Phil to the centres and youngster Milne to the wing?
I'll be gutted if Monas does move, but if he's sold on moving to a club that will guarantee him more cash and a rep jersey(Stuart's the new coach..) than he can go f**k himself and leave.

Milne must be doing something right if he's being identified at such a young age, if his defense is good than let's see him in for Boogas while Joel is still out. Does he look like he could surpass Monas ability? I don't know how to say this properly, but could they see him as a potential superstar of the game, and someone that is actually worth origin type money?

legend said:
you owuld think would have to come up with 300k to sign Joel away from the Raiders.

:lol: Payten and Finch couldn't get out of their quick enough. The Roosters could offer Monaghan $50,000 less and he'd sign with us. :lol:

Latest posts