What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Edwards

Alex28

Coach
He was pretty solid in the second half - stats probably doesn't suggest so but when we were getting tired he was absolutely solid in defence. Continues to impress.

Archduke_Franz

Juniors
Eddy is fast becomming my new fav player. I just love the way he plays. he is never going to be the most exciting player in the team but after yesterdays poor performance he showed he will always give his best. He is the sort of player this club was built on, like a Marc Glanvillle, Bill Peden type. Its easy for players to shine and play good when the team is going well but a champ shows his true colours when the going gets tough and Eddy showed his yesterday. Apart from lulia and matautai he was the shinning light of a disapointing game.

Johns Magic

Referee
It's good to finally have some forwards capable of putting a shot on.

Edwards is a beautiful shoulder tackler, and hopefully Costigan will be able to join him once he works the rust out of the system.

perverse

Referee
he really is coming along nicely... and has actually found some of that impact that i accused him of lacking... particularly in defence... but he's starting to worry teams with the ball in hand, too. i think he's forcing the offload a bit much at the moment, he needs to pick his timing with those a bit better.

RABK

Referee
If we do sign a high profile backrower i can see Edwards still retaining his spot as our hard hitting lock. He just needs to work on his fitness to increase to a 65 minute player and do a bit of explosive training to give him a nice tackle bust and he could be playing rep within 3 years. He's got a bit of speed, a step and a offload so if he adds that extra oomph in the contact he could be a real weapon when running the ball.

perverse

Referee
he's certainly making a case for staying at Lock. i still don't see what he's doing that doesn't translate to prop as well... i feel we have a lot of options at Lock, but i can't say that i'll be disappointed if he stays there anymore. i just think we can squeeze more quality onto the park if he moves to prop, particularly at the moment.

Yosh

Coach
I thought Nex was okay yesterday as well, but Edwards was better. Edwards is the future.

Pika

Bench
If we do sign a high profile backrower i can see Edwards still retaining his spot as our hard hitting lock. He just needs to work on his fitness to increase to a 65 minute player and do a bit of explosive training to give him a nice tackle bust and he could be playing rep within 3 years. He's got a bit of speed, a step and a offload so if he adds that extra oomph in the contact he could be a real weapon when running the ball.

I think if the middles around him did their required workload he would be able to handle those sort of minutes.

Right now he is picking up their slack a lot of the time.

He is too often the one putting his hand up for the tough cart or the desperate tackle at the moment. Really running his tank down early without the help he should have.

A more even work load would do him wonders.

perverse

Referee
i'm going to have to watch this game again, i think. i thought Neville was dead set average. perhaps i have too high expectations of him. way way way below what i thought he would bring to the team at this stage... but obviously i give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment as he's coming back from injury. still i've seen several people mention how good he was yesterday... i clearly must have missed it in between the expletives i was hurling around willy nilly at the time.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
I think if the middles around him did their required workload he would be able to handle those sort of minutes.

Right now he is picking up their slack a lot of the time.

He is too often the one putting his hand up for the tough cart or the desperate tackle at the moment. Really running his tank down early without the help he should have.

A more even work load would do him wonders.

I think house's quality is a victim of this too.

Pika

Bench
Absolutely.

His work rate is far too high in yardage.

Cream rises I guess.

When the forwards are not up to the task and dragging their feet, quality players put their hand up. In this case it is House and Eddy.

Serc

First Grade
still i've seen several people mention how good he was yesterday... i clearly must have missed it in between the expletives i was hurling around willy nilly at the time.

He had a couple of good touches and that was about it I thought, nothing else overly noteworthy in terms of a forwards typical job description, making metres, tackles, physical presence, big hits etc.

Rod

Bench
On Nev, he produced one very nice cover tackle that I saw when the Roosters were looking likely. He wasn't amazing by any stretch but even yesterday you could tell he is a class enough above most of our other forwards.

billy2

Juniors
I hope a coach can teach Eddy to be ruthless in the future, because for years i've been watching him play his best footy when the side is losing and the other forwards have gone missing.
Next year I hope to see Snowy bashing opposition packs, and Eddy cleaning up anyone Snowy misses. I'm sick of seeing Eddy trying to play a lone hand against four dominant opposition props.

perverse

Referee
I'm sick of seeing Eddy trying to play a lone hand against four dominant opposition props.
at least he's used to it, i guess. lol.

welcome back to the forum btw, billy. your absence was notable and unfortunate. you were missed.

Latest posts