What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
He should be banned for life, in my mind there's no argument. This isn't a joke, this is bestiality. A crime. And even if it wasn't illegal it's still animal cruelty. It humiliates the game.

And WTF is with some people who are more angry at the person who released this than Monaghan himself? If you don't like the message try not to shoot the messenger? I appreciate what that person did, he should be given a season ticket to watch his team for life. He did us a service. I don't want sickos playing our game.

This is bestiality ffs, don't underestimate it, I can pretty much count on one hand the number of things that could be worse than this.

RHCP

Bench
Yes, you definitely are missing something RHCP. Type in Jason Ryles into the LU search. That might help.
Still got nothing. Oh well, if it's relevant it'll come out sooner or later.

This dog f**ked up big time. Instead of taking the bone (well, boner) out the back and burying it, he's buried Monaghan's career.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Terrible, vile act and a stupid drunken prank! No doubt he regrets it and wishes he could take it back!

I really really hope for his sake that he has some family and friends around him to support and look out for him at the moment :(

This is what I mean. This could easily turn from a dog story to a suicide story.

And I agree that the person who uploaded this is a complete disgrace. I hope they feel just as bad and are also outed. Okay the act was done, and that's awful enough, but I bet this was uploaded sober. And he's ruined a life where common sense could've kept it quiet.

StormisBrewing

Juniors
You're the one calling Monaghan a victim, I'd say that's defending him.

Just to be clear: Monaghan is the one performing the sex act with a dog, yet you say HE is the victim.

Have a think about what you're saying. You're showing about as much thought process as Monaghan himself, i.e. none.
Yeah, I called him a victim in that post, but not in my earlier one.

And yes, I do say he is the victim. You think about it... He had some disgusting fun with a dog as a joke. Sure, he's f**ked in the head, but that doesn't mean someone (likely a mate) who had the picture simply as a joke can maliciously leak it to the public.

Dave Q

Coach
This is what I mean. This could easily turn from a dog story to a suicide story.

And I agree that the person who uploaded this is a complete disgrace. I hope they feel just as bad and are also outed. Okay the act was done, and that's awful enough, but I bet this was uploaded sober. And he's ruined a life where common sense could've kept it quiet.

The dog is under 24 hour watch!

m0nty

Juniors
One part of this that is bugging me is that apparently the photo had been sent around the media traps for a number of days before 3AW posted it. How many other things like this never see the light of day because the journo community closes ranks and don't leak it? I guess it happens less these days in the age of the Internet, but one wonders how bad this stuff gets.

some11

Referee
He should be banned for life, in my mind there's no argument. This isn't a joke, this is bestiality. A crime. And even if it wasn't illegal it's still animal cruelty. It humiliates the game.

And WTF is with some people who are more angry at the person who released this than Monaghan himself? If you don't like the message try not to shoot the messenger? I appreciate what that person did, he should be given a season ticket to watch his team for life. He did us a service. I don't want sickos playing our game.

This is bestiality ffs, don't underestimate it, I can pretty much count on one hand the number of things that could be worse than this.

Hear hear.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
*double post after 10 minutes... f**k this website has pathetic hosting and/or coding, can't handle it's own load at all... and yes i've given umpteen suggestions on how to fix it, so i'm well within my right to complain!*
Don't be an idiot. You're not the only one trying to access the forums today. You had to wait a whole 10 minutes?

The server is performing well considering that 1400 people were able to view at the same time. It used to crash at 300 viewers, then 500, then 800... now it struggles when we go over 1000. We work damn hard at addressing the growth of this site (with bugger all money) every month. With every solution and upgrade, more people join and and the costs of upgrades go up. I could say your suggestions 'pathetic', but that would put me at your level. Let me just say your suggestions are obvious. Nothing constructive in your whinging.

FTR, I try to be more tactful about this but I know how hard the volunteers work. There is a limit when posters carry on like they're the only ones being inconvenienced.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Joel had better get used to it. Imagine the sledges he's going to cop from players next year. I'd also expect some funny banners when the Raiders play the Bulldogs next year.

I don't think he'll have to worry about sledges or banners in the NRL.....

Gaba

First Grade
The players who took the photo and who distribute it should also be banned for life,they are as bad as he is.

The nrl should show some balls here and ban all the players who were at the scene, they were aiding and abetting

dubby

Bench
willow,

how about you spend less time replying to a whinge about your site and more time cleaning the filth from it?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Still got nothing. Oh well, if it's relevant it'll come out sooner or later.
lol. Ryles gets blamed for everything RHCP. Long history of being in the sights of referees and the judiciary for minor stuff. Long standing joke. Good to have you in the loop. ;-)

Latest posts