What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Willow

Assistant Moderator
willow,

how about you spend less time replying to a whinge about your site and more time cleaning the filth from it?
I have no idea what you're talking about dubby. I've always thought you deserved to post here as much as anyone.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I actually do feel sorry for him... He's gone one step further than Hoppa... and I never thought that would happen!!!!

applesauce

Bench
The biggest outrage is the sentence "NRL star player Joel Monaghan".

Seriously though, I may be in the minority here but I think this is the worst thing that has happened to RL since the SuperLeague, worse than the Storm.

This will turn away fans and give a whole new level of reputation/ammunition for rival followers to bring up (at least for a few years).

Brutus

Referee
I fully agree with applesauce's post.

I really don't want to see Monaghan on a footy field again.

He's name is mud and so is the f**kwit who thought it would be good to take a photo and upload it.

There can only be one option for the Raiders and the NRL in this. Goodbye Joel you are a disgrace.

The players who took the photo and who distribute it should also be banned for life,they are as bad as he is.

The nrl should show some balls here and ban all the players who were at the scene, they were aiding and abetting

I agree, and hope the club beats the NRL to it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just relax mate. Yes, f**king completely stupid thing to do, but he hasn't gone and killed a dozen people. The situation will die down if we handle the PR well & get rid of him

You mean try and find some way of brushing it under the carpet.

Even for you this is pretty hypocritical Waiders. If it was a Dragons player, I'd expect to see him to sacked. And you'd be leading the lynch mob.

And Dubby, I'm happy to listen to your complaints. Which 'filth' are you referring to? Just a link(s) will do. I promise I'll look into it.

hunters

Juniors
One part of this that is bugging me is that apparently the photo had been sent around the media traps for a number of days before 3AW posted it. How many other things like this never see the light of day because the journo community closes ranks and don't leak it? I guess it happens less these days in the age of the Internet, but one wonders how bad this stuff gets.
I'm guessing none! Journalists sweeping things under the carpet? No way!

otori

Juniors
I'm guessing none! Journalists sweeping things under the carpet? No way!

Anytime you hear that the players cannot be named, the journo knows who they are in sports reporting. The sports journalism scene is pretty small in Australia and they all share information

You mean try and find some way of brushing it under the carpet.

Even for you this is pretty hypocritical Waiders. If it was a Dragons player, I'd expect to see him to sacked. And you'd be leading the lynch mob.

And Dubby, I'm happy to listen to your complaints. Which 'filth' are you referring to? Just a link(s) will do. I promise I'll look into it.

What the hell are you on about now?

I mentioned a couple of times he should be sacked immediately you fool

_Johnsy

Referee
What does this say about the all players present, sweet f**k all. What an absolute bunch of wankers, someone actually passed the photo on, of one of their "supposed" mates.

Canberra will now have to endure similar levels of crap to that of Melbourne for a while.

I'd call that Karma waiders_doglovesmanpole, enjoy.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
This is what I mean. This could easily turn from a dog story to a suicide story.

Seriously? Are you typing this with a straight face? So by your logic anything awful any high profile person does should be kept from the public incase they become ashamed and kill themselves? Suicide is a terrible thing but it can't be the measure by which we decide when to let the public know things and when not to.

By that logic the Storm scandal should have been kept private because the people involved might have killed themselves from the shame. Same thing with every other scandal in the game?

And I agree that the person who uploaded this is a complete disgrace. I hope they feel just as bad and are also outed. Okay the act was done, and that's awful enough, but I bet this was uploaded sober. And he's ruined a life where common sense could've kept it quiet.

How are they a disgrace? If they lied about it, if they photoshopped it and passed it off as the real thing, then they would be a disgrace. The fact is they did none of those things, and they did us all a service.

If Monaghan feels bad about himself as a result of this, it's the least he deserves.

Yeah, I called him a victim in that post, but not in my earlier one.

And yes, I do say he is the victim. You think about it... He had some disgusting fun with a dog as a joke. Sure, he's f**ked in the head, but that doesn't mean someone (likely a mate) who had the picture simply as a joke can maliciously leak it to the public.

Yes it does mean exactly that. When people do bad things, they should be exposed and not be protected just because they're our mates. When you make the decision to do something stupid, you have to accept all the consequences that can come with that and not just hope that everyone around you covers it up.

Latest posts