What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brutus

Referee
on triple m just then the pic was posted on twitter by a team mate and then removed not long after but it was too late and it was reposted by someone else and then went viral, apparently the person who did it is an Australian rep player, he should come forward too imo

A currently injured one?

butchmcdick

Post Whore
You seem pretty determined to hang, draw and quarter Monaghan.

I'll bet there are skeletons in your closet that would have us all looking for a brown paper bag to throw up in.

Financial news?

Your first date?

It doesn't matter what Phil Kearns did, it matter what players in our game do. It doesn't matter why monaghan did what he did the fact is his actions are abhorrant to large sections of the public. You can't spin this and make it all better

Easy mistake to make.
Charmyne-Palavi.jpg
labrador.jpg

No way - the chick on the right is much hotter!!! :oops:

chefman21

Juniors
It's made the Netherlands
http://www.hbvl.be/nieuws/in-de-ran...t-carriere-door-schokkende-foto-met-hond.aspx

More from the US. Hmmm...
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/weird/110410-Sex-with-Dog-Prank-Gets-Rugby-Player-in-Trouble
http://tedwilliamshead.com/
http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/rugby-player-photo-simulating-sex-with-dog/

It's a new age we live in. The sooner some of these guys get some sort of an idea regarding the consequences of pressing the dreaded send button, the better.

No send button, no incident.
Alternatively, don't get into a position such as that. No incident, no send button required.

i was on a bucks weekend and we won a large red emperor in the pub raffle. we cooked it up on the bbq, and thought nothing of it. Then a few weeks later at the wedding, a photo did the rounds of the buck pleasuring himself with the mouth of the fish before it was cooked.

Pretty wrong, but it's called being punkd and if youre on the pizzz with a bunch of blokes, then things can get out of hand, not to say decidedly fishy.

A mate did a similar thing at a restaurant that doubled as the owners house. He used the bathroom, went to the medicine cabinet, rammed an Oral B in his bum and took a photo, which he later sent them.

wrong, wrong wrong but If something similar hasnt happened to you (the chattering classes of the sheltered workshop that is LU), then you are either a fibber, or you share a caravan in your parents backyard with Moffo.

Then there was this one time at band camp.....
You are sick...

Swiftstylez

Bench
In High School I had a raunchy picture that I took of myself printed out and handed out at school by a scorned woman and whilst it wasn't reprehensible in content, it was rather embarrassing that every student and his dog (no pun intended) had seen it/kept a copy for theirs selves/scanned it... even my siblings had heard about it. I can assure you that even today people still have it on their hard drives... which makes me question the sexuality of some guys and wonder how many girls get off over it lol jk.

Imagine walking into class and everyone snickering as they look at the said picture and look at you, without you knowing what's going on... only to find out a few minutes later what's going on. (It was not fully nude thank god, nor was I having my way with a dog)

Joel Monaghan has had the same thing happen to him only that it's the world that is laughing and snickering, and that it wasn't just a picture he didn't want others to see but it was also in bad taste.

The mere premise of a picture you don't want to be seen by everyone going viral is horrible enough... with what is depicted, Monaghan would be suffering knowing that his whole glorious career will only be remembered for this one slip of the mind... and what a big slip it was. There is nothing he can do now but let the wave of jokes and embarrassment roll in... keep a low profile son.

I do not condone what he did, but I do feel sorry for him... It's not the first time this has been done, nor will it be the last... what I certainly do not understand is his lack of common sense. NEVER GIVE OUT PICTURES/LET SOMEONE TAKE PICTURES OF SOMETHING YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO SHOW THE WHOLE WORLD... Because in this day and age that is what you are doing... once it's on the internet or someones computer or camera you can NEVER TAKE IT BACK. When will people learn? If the girl I was involved with was into bestiality and wanted me to send a picture of a dog sucking me off I would say no because this is exactly what could happen.

The person who took the picture is just as morally inept, if not twice-fold, one because he let it take place and thought it would be funny and two because he betrayed his friend.

Rexxy has a minor valid point by the way... people have done this before/people have mimed other things as well. Most groups of friends are tighter and more intelligent than Monaghan's group though.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what Phil Kearns did, it matter what players in our game do.

Mentioning Kearns only highlighted the cast gulf in how the two sports' "naughty things" are reported on.

Kearns' effort was "something to take the lad's minds off the pressure" whereas Monaghans' is a disgrace.

It doesn't matter why monaghan did what he did the fact is his actions are abhorrant to large sections of the public. You can't spin this and make it all better

Who's trying to make it better?

If he gets the arse, so be it, but he shouldn't be alone.

grouch

First Grade
The Palavi connection reminds me of the photos that were around sometime last year, on news.com I think. Palavi out on the drink with players like Inglis, Thurston etc. There was one photo with Joel Monaghan and the caption stated something like "Palavi with unknown man". Poor Joel needed to f**k a dog to be recognised in this town

Scorpio30

Bench
The Palavi connection reminds me of the photos that were around sometime last year, on news.com I think. Palavi out on the drink with players like Inglis, Thurston etc. There was one photo with Joel Monaghan and the caption stated something like "Palavi with unknown man". Poor Joel needed to f**k a dog to be recognised in this town

I shouldn't but I will.. :lol:

queenslandfan

Juniors
I'm so sick of this rubbish. We as supporters shelves out $200+ for tickets a year, spend a ridiculous $160 for a jersey which pretty much resembles a billboard (thanks to the inability for designers to incorporate a sponsor into a jersey) and this is the thanks we get. I'm a season member of the titans and go to some broncos games, the all star matches, origins and test matches when I can because I love rugby league and I think it is the greatest sport going around. However I'm upset to see this game continuously being tarnished by these idiots. It not only reflects badly on us supporters but also the many decent players out there who do the right thing.

Hooch

Juniors
Absolutely, taking the pic and passing it on he would've known what he was doing to his 'mate'. There were two dogs in the room...

Okay, The NRL are absolute spastics for not taking action towards the media cycle of this incident.

Protecting the kids from something like this should be the first priority to lessen the damage Joel Monaghan may of caused from what happened.

"Today Joel Monaghan engaged in sexual orientation with a dog"...

You may as well tell any 12 year old kid with a dirty mind exactly what happened or show them the f**king picture, because he will realise there is only one of 3 possible things that could of happened.

The Photo is still available for viewing on the Internet still in several different locations, How is that protecting children?.

The NRL, Rugby League Commision needed all media types to sign an exclusivity agreement so that the details of the incident weren't released to the general public to the capacity it has. (Similar to the agreement that happened between the comission and all media types regarding the Independent Comission)

The Photo being shared around on social networking sites can't be action to make sure the damage to the game and the entirely the fault of the NRL, but the NRL's job here is to take immediate action and taking the necessary steps for very little information regarding the incident be exposed, obviously some people would of seen the photo before anyone could do anything about it. But it would of reduced the spectacle of it all.

This is being blown out of complete and utter proportion, This is no different to the Nate Myles incident, a vile incident while fuelled with alchohol, I don't think It's THAT bad, I really don't, It's something you'd see or hear about on American Pie, Completely stupid and yes, crude...But There is other major things to worry about...ASSAULT!, SEXUAL ASSAULT!,
Crimes where NRL players are at fault or involved in an incident where another human being has been physically assaulted and mentally ridiculed.

Was anybody physically or mentally hurt in all of this?, Hello, It's a dog it doesn't know between right and wrong, No damage was done to the dog, RSPCA may jump up and down about it and it's completely understand that, But I'd definately see someone being seriously assaulted more chance or liable to be terminated from the NRL for life.

Last edited:

Crusher

Coach
An interesting comparison but nonetheless so true! Either way dumbness rules supreme

Mentioning Kearns only highlighted the cast gulf in how the two sports' "naughty things" are reported on.

Kearns' effort was "something to take the lad's minds off the pressure" whereas Monaghans' is a disgrace.

butchmcdick

Post Whore

I agree the reporting on Kearns is a disgrace. If I misunderstood where you were going with your posts I apologise. I got the impression that you were trying to say that somehow Monaghan's effort was ok because Kearns did it also.

I am curious as to who else you think should get the arse ?

Parra Guru

Coach

:lol:

:clap: