What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

m0nty

Juniors
You're a f**king idiot. We're talking crimes that endanger lives, vs a gross out gag. But we knew you're an idiot already, so I don't know why I'm bothering to respond.

Hmm...probably slightly more than the amount needed to think burning your hand with cigarettes to see who can do it the longest is a funny idea. Me and a couple of mates did this once...permanent scarring. I don't even smoke. Ever.

Moral of the story - alcohol can result in some really, really dumb things seeming like a good idea at the time...

Thank the stars we have dumb merkins like Joel Monaghan and adamkungl to show us how binge drinking brings out your inner moron.

kmav23

Juniors
He will be sacked and no NRL team will not touch him as all the sponors

will object !!!

Sponsors dont want bestiality....associated with their products..

How do you explain this to your kids ....

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
People are also forgetting the Michael Vick drama over in the states.

Star NFL player (yes he was an actual star, rather than this 'NRL star') was caught running a dog fighting ring. He personally tortured and killed dogs if they lost a fight. Sometimes electrocuting them by the testicles. There was HUGE outrage over there.

He lost his multi million dollar a year contract and even served a year in prison. After coming out of prison, and now in his 2nd year, it is ALMOST as if all is forgotten. What Vick did was far worse than this. Maybe a life ban is a bit much - but he should definitely lose his contract. And at least he has taken responsibility for his actions.

adamkungl

Immortal
The Raiders board is an ultra-conservative collection of ex-government officials and diplomats who have previously made the hard-line call to sack Todd Carney after repeated alcohol-related indiscretions.

hard-line after 30something offences.... ahahaha

El Diablo

Post Whore
he has dead set ruined his life

i can see this ending real badly. i'm not just alking about being deregistered either

i think he seriously may need to be put on suicide watch

Springs

First Grade
He will be sacked and no NRL team will not touch him as all the sponors

will object !!!

Sponsors dont want bestiality....associated with their products..

How do you explain this to your kids ....

Pretty simple, you lie.

I think this situation is the dumbest thing I have ever seen or heard.

BunniesMan

Immortal

skeepe

Immortal
Whether what he did is illegal or not, nobody can deny that he has brought the game, and his club, into disrepute.

That in and of itself is a sacking offence.

Moffo

Referee
Some of the douches in here still believe that you can say "it's not his go" and all is fine. It is farkwits like these people (and yes they are farkwits) that keep the image of our game in the pitch black dark ages

BunniesMan

Immortal
People are also forgetting the Michael Vick drama over in the states.

Star NFL player (yes he was an actual star, rather than this 'NRL star') was caught running a dog fighting ring. He personally tortured and killed dogs if they lost a fight. Sometimes electrocuting them by the testicles. There was HUGE outrage over there.

He lost his multi million dollar a year contract and even served a year in prison. After coming out of prison, and now in his 2nd year, it is ALMOST as if all is forgotten. What Vick did was far worse than this. Maybe a life ban is a bit much - but he should definitely lose his contract. And at least he has taken responsibility for his actions.

He lost millions, millions more than Monaghan will. And he went to jail. Getting sent to jail is a hundred times worse than just getting the sack, Just like Vick's crime was much worse than Monaghan's. If Monaghan does get the sack and deregistration, it's still nothing like spending serious time in a US jail.

simostorm

Bench
He will be sacked.. but the NRL need to give him at least a 12 month ban from the game.

The most disgraceful act in the history of the game.

Latest posts