What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kmav23

Juniors
The game didn't do this. The game has done nothing wrong. The Storm scandal and the Super League war are examples of where the game has sunk to new lows.
This, this is just silly.

the players are a major part of the game...they represent and are the face of the game....

i didnt think mathew johns scandal/ brett stewart scandal / nate miles/ hoppa/ cronualla on field boring play / can bring the game any more lower.

the this

Lambretta

First Grade
Are you kidding me simulation !!!!

he had has c out and the dogs mouth over it..

simulation is when he has his clothes on no contact!!

so if u find your wife with her mouth righ over a mans C... u will call it simulation ???

LOL STUPID POST OF THE YEAR.....

OK, so re-read what I read.

IF THIS WAS SIMULATION. IF THE CAMERA ANGLE WAS POSITIONED TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IT WAS SEX

All these comments point out quite clearly that I haven't seen the photo.
I should have made that EVEN clearer for those that don't understand English.

His c**k in an animals mouth IS Beastiality and I hereby retract everything I previously said.

He deserves the sack.
Can I change my vote too?

Dave Q

Coach
The dog is feilding offers from Pet Weekly and Dog's Day to spill the beans on Joely.

You cant trust anyone these days.

Mader45

Juniors
If we did it on company time and offended the company, we'd probably get the sack as it inappropriate behaviour at work.

If we did it on our own time it would come down to breaking laws.

What financial institution do you work for? A garage based one?

Tell you what. Distribute a photo of you and your 5 mates 'simulating' bukake on a dog around the office with a header 'on our weekend away from work' and see if the company has a reaction like 'oh you guys are such larrikins' or if you and your mates are booted instantly.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So this type of thing is illegal everywhere else in the country except for Canberra?

What the hell is wrong with the nation's capital? :crazy:

Well that's where all the politicians are, making bestiality illegal would kill their friday nights.

I feel sorry for the poor bastard.

Whoever his "mate" was that took the pic and/or released it needs to realise he's just destroyed a career and possibly a life.

Sick of this attitude. Maybe Monaghan has to realise he destroyed his own career, noone forced him to do what he did, any photos or anything else are just a consequence of what he did in the first place. No dog sex >> no photo >> no humiliation.

Beastiality is the act of having sex with animals, not simulating ie pretending to have sex with animals.

Beastiality is a big deal. Pretending to do something and having a photo taken as wind up for your mate, whilst dumb is not particularily shocking.

Joel Monaghan did this in front of someone else (probably more than 1 person) so you'd have to think that he didn't actually penetrate the dog as that would be decidedly sick.

But to pretend to do something is a rather different matter.

I've asked 5 people at work (non league fans) if posing for a picture pretending to have sex with a dog (but not actually doing it) is shocking.

1 laughed outright and the other 4 shrugged and said "that's no big deal at all"

Like I said, if there was penetration it's way out of line. If it was a joke with the camera angle making it look like something it wasn't then I don't see what is so bad about it. Yes it's stupid, yes the media are going to make out its the end of the World and yes sponsors are going to scream and cry.

But the general public, at least people in the banking industry, don't think it's anything other than a silly drunken gag worthless of any further thought.

We need to stop beating ourselves up and building this up.

Have you seen the photo? He's getting a blowjob from a dog. It's not simulated, his pants are off, the dog is all over him. He put peanut butter on his junk ffs, "simulation" wasn't the aim. Or are you one of those "oral sex isnt really sex" types, in that case you'd get on well with Bill Clinton.
My girlfriend would leave me if i got a blowjob from someone else, she'd laugh at me if I was like "but babe, it wasn't really sex, it was just simulated".

Nothing in that photo is simulated mate. He's getting a real bj from a dog, "a woof woof dog, not just an ugly woman" (as some girl on twitter said).

The game didn't do this. The game has done nothing wrong. The Storm scandal and the Super League war are examples of where the game has sunk to new lows.
This, this is just silly.

Perception is reality. It's not fair, but this scandal humiliates the entire code, I've been embarassed as a footy fan around some of my non footy mates.

Batman Returns

Juniors
Something that is being focussed on here is the fact that Monaghan cannot be charged because bestiality is legal is Australia. i.e. It is quite lawful for humans to have sex with dogs, but obviously twitter crosses international borders and Australians are quick to condemn the practice once the 'outsiders' see what is happening via photographic evidence.
Given that bestiality is perfectly legal in Australia, and obviously high profile sports people do indulge in it, how prevalent is human/dog sex?
Secondly, was this a group sex session, and we have just seen one photo out of a series? How much more is to come out on this one?

Dave Q

Coach
What financial institution do you work for? A garage based one?

Tell you what. Distribute a photo of you and your 5 mates 'simulating' bukake on a dog around the office with a header 'on our weekend away from work' and see if the company has a reaction like 'oh you guys are such larrikins' or if you and your mates are booted instantly.

Why is everyone so human focused?

How does anyone expect the dog to show its face at puppy school again?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Something that is being focussed on here is the fact that Monaghan cannot be charged because bestiality is legal is Australia. i.e. It is quite lawful for humans to have sex with dogs, but obviously twitter crosses international borders and Australians are quick to condemn the practice once the 'outsiders' see what is happening via photographic evidence.
Given that bestiality is perfectly legal in Australia, and obviously high profile sports people do indulge in it, how prevalent is human/dog sex?
Secondly, was this a group sex session, and we have just seen one photo out of a series? How much more is to come out on this one?

Don't get excited, bestiality is only legal in the ACT, still illegal in the rest of the country.

Springs

First Grade
the players are a major part of the game...they represent and are the face of the game....

i didnt think mathew johns scandal/ brett stewart scandal / nate miles/ hoppa/ cronualla on field boring play / can bring the game any more lower.

the this

Rugby League didn't simulate a sex act with a dog did it?
An idiot did.
I play Rugby League, if I go and kill someone tomorrow it ain't Rugby League's fault.
You can say the sport (or rather the NRL's) image can sink lower, but Rugby League has done nothing wrong.

Parra

Referee
Have you seen the photo? He's getting a blowjob from a dog. It's not simulated, his pants are off, the dog is all over him. He put peanut butter on his junk ffs, "simulation" wasn't the aim.

You've seen a different photo than everyone else.

Dave Q

Coach

Heres your idea of perfectly legal.....

Crimes Act 1900 No 40
Current version for 1 October 2010 to date (accessed 5 November 2010 at 15:47)
Part 3
bullet_breadcrumb.gif
Division 10
bullet_breadcrumb.gif
Section 79
<< page >>

79 [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Bestiality[/FONT]
Any person who commits an act of bestiality with any animal shall be liable to imprisonment for fourteen years.​

Batman Returns

Juniors
Don't get excited, bestiality is only legal in the ACT, still illegal in the rest of the country.

For how long? First the capital falls, then the neighbouring states. It's the domino effect. Cheeky aussies: giving Kiwi's a hard time about sheep shagging when all the time you were rogering dogs. 'Mans best friend' indeed.