What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
He will be sacked.. but the NRL need to give him at least a 12 month ban from the game.

The most disgraceful act in the history of the game.

:lol:

That's over-reacting just a bit, particularly given the season-long farce your mob just put the game through.

simostorm

Bench
:lol:

That's over-reacting just a bit, particularly given the season-long farce your mob just put the game through.

NRL needs to start coming down hard on the rubbish that goes on..
this isnt a player gettin drunk and pissin in the ally..

this is a disgrace and the NRL need to ban this piece of garbage.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Raiders are going to have a absolute shocker next season,firstly they have no chance of making the 8 with Campese missing for a while,secondly they will have trouble getting memberships now because of this Joel clown.

Raiders crowd average next season = 5k

Noname36

First Grade
So this type of thing is illegal everywhere else in the country except for Canberra?

What the hell is wrong with the nation's capital? :crazy:

eagles4eva

First Grade

So besides the public shame and his pending sacking, what more can the NRL do???

skeepe

Immortal

He is going to be sacked.
He is going to be de-registered.
His career is over.

What would you like the NRL to do that isn't already being done?

gUt

Coach
I feel sorry for the poor bastard.

Whoever his "mate" was that took the pic and/or released it needs to realise he's just destroyed a career and possibly a life.

skeepe

Immortal

Whoever his "mate" was that took the pic and/or released it needs to realise he's just destroyed a career and possibly a life.

I understand what you're saying, but if Joel didn't give them something to photograph...

eagles4eva

First Grade

Besides the stupidity of his actions, i agree, if this was a so-called mate did release the picture he in himself is a dog...

Lambretta

First Grade
Thank god. For a brief period I thought they'd go easy on him. He deserves nothing less than the sack ASAP swiftly followed by de-registration.

As much as I was shocked by that photo, I'm almost as shocked by the view of some here (a minority) that bestiality is no big deal. The internet has desensitized too many people.

Beastiality is the act of having sex with animals, not simulating ie pretending to have sex with animals.

Beastiality is a big deal. Pretending to do something and having a photo taken as wind up for your mate, whilst dumb is not particularily shocking.

Joel Monaghan did this in front of someone else (probably more than 1 person) so you'd have to think that he didn't actually penetrate the dog as that would be decidedly sick.

But to pretend to do something is a rather different matter.

I've asked 5 people at work (non league fans) if posing for a picture pretending to have sex with a dog (but not actually doing it) is shocking.

1 laughed outright and the other 4 shrugged and said "that's no big deal at all"

Like I said, if there was penetration it's way out of line. If it was a joke with the camera angle making it look like something it wasn't then I don't see what is so bad about it. Yes it's stupid, yes the media are going to make out its the end of the World and yes sponsors are going to scream and cry.

But the general public, at least people in the banking industry, don't think it's anything other than a silly drunken gag worthless of any further thought.

We need to stop beating ourselves up and building this up.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Beastiality is the act of having sex with animals, not simulating ie pretending to have sex with animals.

Beastiality is a big deal. Pretending to do something and having a photo taken as wind up for your mate, whilst dumb is not particularily shocking.

Joel Monaghan did this in front of someone else (probably more than 1 person) so you'd have to think that he didn't actually penetrate the dog as that would be decidedly sick.

I've asked 5 people at work (non league fans) if posing for a picture pretending to have sex with a dog (but not actually doing it) is shocking.

1 laughed outright and the other 4 shrugged and said "that's no big deal at all"

Like I said, if there was penetration it's way out of line. If it was a joke with the camera angle making it look like something it wasn't then I don't see what is so bad about it. Yes it's stupid, yes the media are going to make out its the end of the World and yes sponsors are going to scream and cry.

But the general public, at least people in the banking industry, don't think it's anything other than a silly drunken gag worthless of any further thought.

So if you and your banking mates were photographed engaging in this behavior and it became public you think the bank would still employ you ?

gUt

Coach
The ONLY difference between this and the Kearns incident is the fact that there's a picture of this in the media. Remove the picture and there's no story. Ergo, stupid drunken prank by itself doesn't destroy a career and tarnish a code, but a circulated picture of it does.

Noname36

First Grade
having sex with a dog....

we basically can not tease any other code now...

no other scandal in any code will beat this....

they will refer to us a Bestiality football supporters..

i can see it now...Rugby League player brings dog to dally m awards

This. At first I could see the funny side, but now that I think about it, it's nothing but depressing. The Miles incident, the cap rorting, the drugs, and even the sex romps I could handle, but this is just plain disgusting. I don't think the game can get any lower than this (hopefully at least). You're an absolute disgrace to a game that have given you everything Monas. The sooner you're gone the better, and I certainly hope that any other Canberra players who were egging him on are dealt with too.

Last edited:

kmav23

Juniors

Are you kidding me simulation !!!!

he had has c out and the dogs mouth over it..

simulation is when he has his clothes on no contact!!

so if u find your wife with her mouth righ over a mans C... u will call it simulation ???

LOL STUPID POST OF THE YEAR.....

Dave Q

Coach
The dog has been interviewed and he said that judging from the noises Joel was making, he thought Joels orgasm was for real.

Springs

First Grade
This. At first I could see the funny side, but now that I think about it, it's nothing but depressing. The Miles incident, the cap rorting, the drugs, and even the sex romps I could handle, but this is just plain disgusting. I don't think the game can get any lower than this (hopefully at least). You're an absolute disgrace to a game that have given you everything Monas. The better you're gone the better, and I certainly hope that any other Canberra players who were egging him on are dealt with too.

The game didn't do this. The game has done nothing wrong. The Storm scandal and the Super League war are examples of where the game has sunk to new lows.
This, this is just silly.

Lambretta

First Grade
So if you and your banking mates were photographed engaging in this behavior and it became public you think the bank would still employ you ?

If we did it on company time and offended the company, we'd probably get the sack as it inappropriate behaviour at work.

If we did it on our own time it would come down to breaking laws.

Beastiality is against the law and would deserve punishment by the courts. If no laws had been broken (simulating sex isn't against any laws except for possibly public decency and that would require the person taking the photo to make the complaint or Joel complaining against the person who made the photo public) and we were at home etc then the company would have a very hard time sacking someone for a stupid photograph where no laws were broken.

It that respect, we are not the property of our employers. We are only their property when we are representing them.

However, the photograph was taken on an official club function - and therefore he deserves the sack.

I still don't find it shocking or disgusting and that was my point. Bunnies Man was saying that the internet has desensitised us. I don't believe that to be the case. I was stating there is a massive difference between Beastiality and simulating it for a prank.

Cheers.

Latest posts