What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Moon

Meth

Staff member
wow- what a game. What a shock.

That's exactly what we needed from him- hopefully, he puts another one or two like it on top of that.

Meth

Staff member
If we lost Tate and if Moon kept his form up (a big if), our back line may look like

1- Locke
2- Inu
3- Moon
4- Ropati
5- Vatuvei

Wouldn't be bad

ozreece77

Juniors
No thanks.

Moon doesnt do this enough. Brisbane game was the last time he showed any reason to pick him.

Last edited:

tezzah

Juniors
Moon was up and down yesterday- let in first soft try then made up for it... was average on defence but came up with some brilliance late in the game to set up try for Maloney.

Locke was outdone by his opposite in Akuila Uate. I don't think he'd be any better in full back either.

Moon looks good in the centres, just don't put him back in the halves.

As for Uate, wow! He's a real excitement machine and we did well to contain him as much as we did. Love watching the guy play.

Iafeta

Referee
No thanks.

Moon doesnt do this enough. Brisbane game was the last time he showed any reason to pick him.

I thought he was terrific against Canterbury also, which was after the Brisbane game.

Joel's biggest issue is not talent, not potential, its consistency. I think he needs to make a decision with the club on one position, and that position is centre. Much like Lance Hohaia, he drifts in and out of games too much when in the halves and lacks organisation. Like Lance, there is absolutely no doubting his ability to pull off a brilliant play, but there is a big difference between his good games and his not so good games, and thats the difference between a bloke with potential and a proven performer.

That said, Joel had a fantastic game against the Knights and deserves full credit for it.

Meth

Staff member
I think he needs to make a decision with the club on one position, and that position is centre.

Yeah, whether that's up to him or Cleary, I'm not sure. He probably fancied himself as a half as one point, and so did we, but he looks better as a centre and he's got a couple of games now to present his case

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Moon has always only been a centre. Consistency is his issue but i also think his confidence needs a lift......see a player like him needs a Bennett, Bluey or a Bellamy to bring him right out of his shell quickly to actually play to his potential, consistently.

He seems a descent player which does dumb things who could be very good if or when he turns that corner, sort of like Hohaia how he went from just crap too a very handy player who would be one of the first picks now.

He's got a long left boot which could be utilised smartly with this running it on the last trick we were doing.

Meth

Staff member
getting a stiffy after one good game...still down on the peaking order

Everybody is acknowledging it is only 1 good game and that he would need to maintain that consistently

Another one of your brilliant contributions....

One Warrior

Bench
Good game from Moon, good centre cover for Tate, defnitely proves he is only a centre and that there can no more experiments with him at 5/8.

ozbash

Referee
wtf...

Warriors centre Joel Moon and South Sydney hooker Beau Falloon have both escaped suspension after entering early guilty pleas to the NRL judiciary.
Moon received a grade one charge for a "chicken wing" tackle during the Warriors' 32-24 victory over Newcastle at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Sunday.
Falloon was charged with a grade one dangerous throw in Souths' 50-22 thrashing by Brisbane.
There were no charges out of Monday night's 38-6 win by the Sydney Roosters over Melbourne. http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/3814575/NZ-Warrior-escapes-NRL-ban

So Wes Naigama (or whatever the hell he calls himself) didnt get pinged for the trip ?

unbelievable..

Iafeta

Referee
In fairness bash, as you know there's been a few 'iffy' calls at the judiciary. One of them earlier in the year was Luke Bailey who clear as day went to trip a Raider and narrowly missed. In the past that's been a suspension. They argued that because it didn't connect it didn't count. Wes falls into the same category. Common sense says he get's a week, but because Bailey's a bit of a poster child Wes gets away scot free.

Disappointing for Moon, I know he doesn't lose any time for it but it would bug me as a player, I can't remember the incident really. Evan Ivan fired up in the press in the last week or so claiming that we get the rough end of the pineapple in these sorts of things, although truthfully, we've hardly seemed to have had a bloke at the judiciary for a while.

Meth

Staff member
I thought the centre's high shot on Hohaia (I think) was worth a mention as well

Meth

Staff member
Also, surprised Mannering didn't get 4+ weeks for his off the ball incident on Dureau