What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Thompson Doesn't Fear David Taylor

Paul Johnson
The Canberra Raiders
12/08/2011

The way things are going in NRL land, you would swear Dave Taylor was unstoppable; not so says Joel Thompson who believes he can takedown the man dubbed the ‘coal train’ this weekend.

The Canberra second-rower is charged with the role of lining up on Taylor and certainly isn’t perturbed by the challenge.

“I will just throw everything at him. He’s only human; people are talking him up like he is a train,” Thompson said.

“I’ll get in front of him and tackle him round the legs I guess.”

Bronson Harrison echoed the sentiment of Thompson and also believes the Rabbitohs are far from unstoppable out wide.

“With their left edge we have a lot to contain but I’m sure we will be up for the challenge and will stick it to them.”

The Rabbitohs’ left edge attack played a large part in them putting fifty points on a hapless Parramatta Eels side, where Taylor does not represent the only danger and despite Thompson’s confidence he is aware he will be in for a busy game.

“They have got the left side with Greg Inglis and Taylor - it’s going to be a big day for us in defence, I’m just looking forward to the challenge and am pumped up for it.”

One thing the Canberra players also know is that their performance against the Knights was an unacceptable display and they will be looking to make amends and give their fans something to cheer about on Sunday.

“As players we’re pretty upset with our performances across the park last Sunday and we want to make sure we give the fans something this weekend to help finish the season off,” Thompson said.

“The desire is there to get these wins and give the fans what they deserve.”

Source

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!! He's sooo dead, he will worry to much about DT, then Sutton and Inglis will carve up there right side defence.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The only people in Canberra who are worried about Dave Faylor are the all you can eat buffet owners. Someone better tell Dave that if he spends the whole game bludging out wide in Canberra he'll get frostbite.

Koopa111

Juniors
Why would Thompson care Taylor wont have the guts to run at him he will pick the smallest player on the field. One of the most Overated players in the NRL.

boo_boo

Juniors
Souths cant afford to be over confident if we are to keep the momentum up, stay focused on a place in the semis & improve our for & against to make sure we get there.
Canberra have been disappointing this year so i cant see how they can go into this game thinking that Souths dont have the arsenal to do some damage.
In the end it all depends on which teams game plan is the one that can best work out how to beat the opposition's defences & come up with a win.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Joel Thompson is SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!! Hahahaha ;) watch the raiders fans take the bait. Joel Thompson has gotta worry about G.I aswell, feel sorry for that prick.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Still no idea...I think you've confused us with someone else. We don't have anyone by the name of "Dave Faylor" on our team.
Don't be coy boys, this intelligent looking specimen:
images

images

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Johnny Sutton's playin good footy, but hows that big off-season signing going, Matt Awful ;)
Terrible, hence he's gone and unlikely to reappear. Unlike woeful souths players who seem to turn up in first grade game after game year after year.

Latest posts