What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JOEL THOMPSON TO MANLY?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I just dont know where Joel would fit into the Manly squad TBH. They have pkenth of forwards already and Joel may become just another rotating bench player.
Cant say for sure though, but i think Bodene Thompson would better suit that role
But if it is just for $$$ then who knows. Pay big, play little

possm

Coach
You are correct
Yep, it was during Craig Young's time as recruitment manager and Price as head coach that Bird began complaining about the lack of support the .Club was giving him regarding medical expenses. That was the start of it all. Young was as gruff as they come.

merahputih

Juniors
Yep, it was during Craig Young's time as recruitment manager and Price as head coach that Bird began complaining about the lack of support the .Club was giving him regarding medical expenses. That was the start of it all. Young was as gruff as they come.
Just the type of personality you need for a recruitment manager. Explains everything.

TruSaint

Referee
St George Illawarra’s Joel Thompson unsure if he has played final game for club as Manly Sea Eagles circle

JOEL Thompson says he was not blindsided at rival clubs circling saying there had been “brief discussions about it”.

Thompson’s immediate playing future remains clouded despite having a year to run on his contract with St George Illawarra. Manly are keen to entice the back-rower to the club provided they can free up some salary cap space.

Thompson said he has “no idea at the moment” if he has played his final game for the Dragons after meeting with his manager David Riolo last week.

“I’m waiting to see what the news is,” Thompson said. “I love the Dragons and I love the place. I’ve played a good four years there. I’ve got some really close friends not just with the players but the staff. It’ll be sad to leave if that’s what happens but that’s the way footy goes.

“Wherever I end up going I just want concentrate on having a bigger year next year”
Thompson isn’t sure where he’ll be next season.

A move to Manly could see the 29-year-old given a multi-year deal as the Sea Eagles look to bolster their back-row stocks. If he stays at St George Illawarra next year it would more than likely be his final season at the club.

“There was talk of it coming but it’s always a surprise,” Thompson said. “I could be at the Dragons next year or I could be elsewhere, I’ve got no idea.

“I could be at Manly or not … I’m if staying I’ll be ripping in. If I’m going I’ll embrace what the other team has got.”

“The Dragons have been really good but I’ve got a young family and security is important to me”

“I’m keen to get it sorted as soon as possible to stop people contacting me and I get on with enjoying my break”. MICHAEL CARAYANNIS, (The Sunday Telegraph)

So he said in a tweet he didn't know where all the talk was coming from then in the same article there was talk of it coming so which one is it.

Seems to me and this is just my opinion he wants more money which is fine so the club should just let him go.

Manly will have to let players go maybe a player swap is on the cards but who would be worth a look at.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Spot on possm

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I agree.. his series of tweets / manager involvement suggests he is looking to secure his future.

Wish him the best, played with a lot of passion and commitment.. Chance to blood some young guys now.

Exactly true.
You can't blame him for trying to do the best for his family.
But he hasn't gone yet

watatank

Coach
I just dont know where Joel would fit into the Manly squad TBH. They have pkenth of forwards already and Joel may become just another rotating bench player.
Cant say for sure though, but i think Bodene Thompson would better suit that role
But if it is just for $$$ then who knows. Pay big, play little

Manly have got Frank Winterstein and Curtis Sironen as starting edge forwards who wouldn't make any other starting sides. I'm sure they can find a place for Joel Thompson.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I can see now why they moved Lomax up into the top 30 if they do intend to move McDonald on.

Millward will struggle to find anyone of note that will make much of a difference and I hope to god its not Brenko Lee the rumours has started gathering legs again and that guy is flat out shit.

Wamsley where this may end up who knows another prop at this stage doesn't seem the right move as outside backs and a backup half are needed more.
I think we do need to add another quality prop to our roster. I agree that we need to add another decent outside back or two to our roster too.

Latest posts