What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey a Knight

cram

Bench
One Hung low I think u will find that Kidleys clause related to renegotiation of money rather then leaving the club. Hence, that is why he signed a 2 year deal so his contract could be upgraded upon Johns leaving the area. So if you are about to make comment at least try and get some of your facts right. The two cases are not even comparable.

cram

Bench
Antonious I agree with you and I think that he is fit, gives us the chance to plan for his departure. If we have failed, as a club, over the past few years it was to rely on him too heavily and not plan for change. The next two years should be about planning for that change.

William Hung

Juniors
So what was Johns trying to do by pushing the Union cause? According to you guys he was trying to get more money and in the process being disloyal.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Kurt took a pay cut so the Knights could try and keep Joey.
Now if Joey left Kurt could have the oppurtunity to re-negotiate his money.

cram

Bench
No like I said look at the facts as stated by many people. Its to do with the fact that he was going to leave the club in the lerch because they had planned that he was staying following an alleged verbal agreement that he would stay. Read the posts in there entirety and then commenct otherwise all you are doing is proving that you dont have to feathers and a beak to be a goose.

The_Ben

Juniors
We have never found out who the "friends of the waratahs" are. I guess they'll never be revealed, if at all they actually exist. This could have been just a figment of Fordham's imagination.

Voice of Reason

Juniors
Sorry to put a lid on the enthusiasm BUT...........I just heard John Fordham on the 2ue news at 3.00pm saying CATAGORICALLY that NO DEAL HAS BEEN DONE WITH CHANNEL 9 OR THE KNIGHTS!!!!

Either he (and I wouldnt be surprised) is telling a porky, or, as I suspect, this is NOTHING MORE THAN A PUBLICITY STUNT by Channel 9. Lets see what happens.

You never know.. Maybe the urge of playing out his career with the knights was the deciding factor of his decision... :D

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Why can't A johns have the same loyalty as is brother. When matt was getting kicked out by the knights, he offered to stay on half his current salary, rather then get the big bucks from somewhere else.

Now that's loyalty! Unlike you Andrew!

Nuffy

Bench
Heres a statement from the Fordham company

Johns' football future remained undecided following a meeting with his management The Fordham Company in Sydney this afternoon.
Discussion at the hour-long meeting centered on a two-year offer from the Newcastle Knights and interest that his been brought to his attention by the NSW Waratahs in him switching codes.

"We discussed what we needed to," said The Fordham Company's MD John Fordham. "It's now up to Joey to weigh up all the information and make a decision which he believes is the right one for him.It is not a decision based solely on money as some sections of the media have suggested. There are lots of other factors involved."

"Whilst we are working hard at resolving this matter as soon as possible, I don't have a specific time when an announcement will be made," he said.

Alex28

Coach
so this is what has happened...the waratahs deal is only under threat because one of the sponsors has possibly decided against against sponsoring him, so it means $100K less a year, which means the NRL deal is clearly the better deal.

but not only that, he has managed to screw even more money out of Nine so he stays?

challenge my arse. it's all about money.

babyblue

Juniors
Voice of Reason said:
If I hear the crap from him about "staying thru loyalty to Knights" or "I love Newcastle and never wanted to leave" I think I'll throwup. He has stated catagorically that this contract was about "the best he could do for himslef and his family". Straight from the Kings mouth. That be the case, if he stays at the Knights ITS BECAUSE ITS THE BEST FOR HIM. Radio 2ue are pushing the line that he has signed a 10 year deal with channel 9 WHICH INCLUDES playing league for 2 years with the Knights. If this is correct, this contract is really not about playing at all so I hope he doesnt expect us fans to accept crap from him about "loving the game, loving Newy, loving playing with up-and-coming talent at the Knights like Gids or, worst of all, loving the loyal and fanatic Knight supporters. PLEASE!!!!. I, for one, have lost any respect I ever had for Johns. I love the Knights and will continue to support them, with or without "HHH- The Game-The King- Mr Millions Johns"

I agree with Voice of Reason. It's obvious his decision is going to be based purely on money, so anything he says about the challenge of Rugby Union or loving the Knights becomes meaningless. If he'd just be honest then i think people would have a lot more respect for him.

Having said that, i would hate to see Andrew Johns leave Rugby League. I'm not particularly a Newcastle fan, and i hate losing to Australia every time, but watching Johns play Rugby League is a pleasure.

Of course, the Union thing could be a smokescreen, and he could be on his way to Wigan, as i believe Maurice Lindsay is in Australia at the moment!

At the end of the day, i wish him well in whatever he decides to do, although i'm keeping my fingers crossed he stays in League.

And who cares if he is going after money?

I doubt if anyone here would not leave their current jobs to go to a slightly different higher paying job.. It is exactly the same as the joey situation.

Humans naturally want money, and naturally want to be superior.

This is joeys job, he has every right to get as much money as he can. Just as everyone here has the right to get promoted in their current jobs, or go to a different higher paying job.. And dont say you wouldnt, as you all would.

Alex28

Coach
what johns has to consider is that his average fan wont earn what he is earning a year in their lifetime.

shane1970

Juniors
He IS going to stay - I HAVE SAID IT IN MY LAST 10 - 12 POSTS - JOhns stays - Tahu GOES - and I did say about a month ago that BK was gone. I'll see how my mail is going soon.

Latest posts