What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey considering Origin come back

Stranger

Coach
DeeGan said:
read:

K. Gidley, Carney, M. Gidley, Carmont, Quinn, Mullen, Johns, Perry, Quigley, Woolnough, Reynoldson, Newton, Tanner Res; Davico, Smith, Brown, Lowrie

No, not their strongest line-up missing Buderus and Simpson though strong all the same for a Semi-final where excuses are left in the sheds.

Newcastle were caned, end of story.
That side is not top 4 material end of story. Its just that simple.

sydraider said:
Looks like Joey will do anything to get away from Brian Smith.
:lol: :lol: That call was absolutely ridiculous

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
And a sweet 3-0 victory to the Maroons

Dont think it will matter who plays this season as it is now, the maroons would be odds on to take the crown again in 2007, Thurston, Inglis, Lockyer, Crocker and god knows who else comes into the picture, with big mal at coach. Will be a tough assignment. But i think the blues need to look to the future and blood the next generation, not an aging craig gower, or hacks like Finch and Orford (in big games for orford anyways)...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Raider_69 said:
Dont think it will matter who plays this season as it is now, the maroons would be odds on to take the crown again in 2007, Thurston, Inglis, Lockyer, Crocker and god knows who else comes into the picture, with big mal at coach. Will be a tough assignment. But i think the blues need to look to the future and blood the next generation, not an aging craig gower, or hacks like Finch and Orford (in big games for orford anyways)...

if they want gamble on a youngster you'd want them to go for Lewis or Mullen instead of Carney who I believe is a potential hack himself.

Raider_69

Post Whore
eelavation said:
if they want gamble on a youngster you'd want them to go for Lewis or Mullen instead of Carney who I believe is a potential hack himself.

i disagree, but digress. Dont want this to be another boring thread on these players. Either way, who ever they go for, i just think its time NSW took a gamble. Be it Lewis, Soward, Mullen, Carney, even a matty head or some other bloke who might burst onto the scene this season.
We can only hold on to the likes of craig gower for so long

Stagger eel

Staff member
Raider_69 said:
i disagree, but digress. Dont want this to be another boring thread on these players. Either way, who ever they go for, i just think its time NSW took a gamble. Be it Lewis, Soward, Mullen, Carney, even a matty head or some other bloke who might burst onto the scene this season.
We can only hold on to the likes of craig gower for so long

how about the best performing half at the time whether it's Finch' Orford or Carney it should simpley go the bloke who's impressed the most in the early stages of the comp, can we ask for anything more?

Stranger

Coach
Soward is having enough trouble cracking the roosters LOL. He will need some time with a real coach before he gets his development back on track.

Its origin and they need to pick the best possible players that are available. People always claim they pick the veterans instead of those in form, same applies here. Pick the best players, not those with the potential or those with the name. Although Mullen/Carney may be the best come SOO with the chokers they have out there.

DeeGan

Bench
Stranger said:
That side is not top 4 material end of story. Its just that simple.

:lol: No, the side they fielded was not a top four team - where did I allude to that fact? :lol:

It may pay to read the whole thread and not just jump to the defence of your football team.

Knightmare

Coach
It will be nice to have NSW as underdogs. Can't wait to see Queensland try and milk the whole 'Underdogs' tag for themselves :LOL:

Stranger

Coach
DeeGan said:
:lol: No, the side they fielded was not a top four team - where did I allude to that fact? :lol:

It may pay to read the whole thread and not just jump to the defence of your football team.

Hardly defending the knights there.:?

The team that the knights fielded that night was just simply not worthy to be there. For that team to claim the premiership would have been farcical.

Charlie124

First Grade
Why has nobody mentioned Kimmorely?....:sarcasm: oh....thats right.

Why not stick with a Dragons combo for the NSW halves?

6. Gaz
7. Head/Hornby

please.

Godz Illa

Coach
There are suggestions that this story was invented as a smokescreen, to distract from the internet and mobile phone rights issue. Very slimy indeed.

sydraider

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
There are suggestions that this story was invented as a smokescreen, to distract from the internet and mobile phone rights issue. Very slimy indeed.

...or a possible smokescreen to divert away from the boardroom trouble at the knights?

Who knows, cant tell in the offseason, someone scratching their short and curly's will make the news, since the players have been pretty well behaved of late.

_Johnsy

Referee
Funnily enough the QLD'ers cam out at a 1000 miles an hour, that in itself was great entertainment.

Charlie124

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
Funnily enough the QLD'ers cam out at a 1000 miles an hour, that in itself was great entertainment.

count me out there, id love nothing more than to see Joey run out this Origin series and ruin his fairytale while losing what little credibility he had left. :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
Godz Illa said:

well the story did come from News Limited didn't it??

Raider_69

Post Whore
eelavation said:
how about the best performing half at the time whether it's Finch' Orford or Carney it should simpley go the bloke who's impressed the most in the early stages of the comp, can we ask for anything more?

definitely merit to that, logically it makes sence, but as i said, i dont think NSW have much hope this year, so if the best performing half is not a long term option, then id still take a gamble on a young bloke