What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey Interview Your Thoughts

borat

Bench
perverse said:
indeed - you're correct. i don't know if it has been brought up.. but does anyone else think that there could be a little more behind the player cleanout than meets the eye? it's certainly casting doubt in my mind, and i'm sure the telecrap will be all over this angle soon whether there is merit in it or not.

Could be part of the so called culture you never know. Brings up so many possibilities
you could never have dreamed possible.

I wonder how Mitchell Sargeant's recovery has been going with all the 'drugs r bad' support he would have been getting from his team mates.

mongoose

Coach
borat said:
Johns has said he had suffered depression while taking drugs. This is a person with some serious issues that all and sundry have ignored to their own gain because Johns helped them win matches.

What if Johns had of harmed himself. Its not too much of a stretch from a depression suffering drug addict. Its unforgivable what the Kinights have done to standby and let someone destroy themselves knowingly.

Who said he was a drug addict?, he said he used it occasionally, that does not make him an addict. And then he has to push the BS "depression" story to make it easier for the public to accept. Seriously the guy did it because he enjoyed it, he was riding the wave of being a high profile sports star, end of story. All this crap about too much pressure, mood swings, depression are just excuses and Johns knows it.

Anyway i'm not going to judge the guy, he can live his life the way he wants as long as he doesn't harm anyone else. Good on him for coming clean about it.

borat

Bench
mongoose said:
Who said he was a drug addict?, he said he used it occasionally, that does not make him an addict. And then he has to push the BS "depression" story to make it easier for the public to accept. Seriously the guy did it because he enjoyed it, he was riding the wave of being a high profile sports star, end of story. All this crap about too much pressure, mood swings, depression are just excuses and Johns knows it.

Anyway i'm not going to judge the guy, he can live his life the way he wants as long as he doesn't harm anyone else. Good on him for coming clean about it.
You hypocrite. Your not going to judge, but you just did.

You don't think a guy who takes drugs for 14 years knowing that he could be busted at any stage and ruin his life has a problem. He even said so himself that during high pressure games he would think about taking drugs.

The depression is fact, he was treated and diagnosed by a 2 doctors for it.

langpark

First Grade
marshall stalin said:
Channel 9 should put Gus on sixty minutes - he is a great interviewer. As for johns it's a sign of the times with lack of discipline/lack of goals and direction and too many excuses and societies soft approach to any problem - Military service has to be introduced for all 18 year olds - 3 years and 2 weeks a year for all others upto 65 years of age.
Yeah gould is a good interviewer, but i doubt high profile actors etc would wanna look at that head during an interview, the guy looks redder in the face every time i see him, he must hit the grog pretty hard.

Good idea about conscription, but i think 3 years is too much, one year is enough IMO.

One other thing i forgot to mention, i hate the way they were already discussing how he could be a great role model in anti-drug campaigns etc. It's way too early to even be mentioning that, he needs to be rehabilitated first and off the sh*tt for at least 5 years, otherwise it's hypocritical.