What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey Interview Your Thoughts

perverse

Referee
Charlie124 said:
What shocked me about the interview was when Gus asked if the Knights as a club knew about his drug use and he admitted that they did.
yup... that was a big bomb to drop and we definitely havent heard the last of that one. that was the point that made me realise "wow... he's really coming out with the whole truth here".

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Wasn't his reply an 'i think' to the club knowing?

Either way, surely the club had more of a duty to him than just getting him help with depression, if they knew about the drugs.

Rod

Bench
It was definitely intense, a lot more so than I was expecting even after the first few questions.

hairy

Juniors
Throw up! Nine stooges, mates and family sucking up to and trying to make the public feel sorry for the egotistical (ohh look at me I can play in the NSW cricket side whenever i want..) big headed gutless druggo.
Gould asks didn't his team and coach know... he should ask himself the same question seeing as he was his NSW coach once. talk about hipocritical
Then they had the nerve to say oh well Joey can put it all behind him now the hard part's over, good on him (wank, wank) oh how brave he was to do the interview and now he needs to go and tell the kids how bad drugs are etc etc.
Yikes! he'd be the last bloke I'd want hanging about the schoolyard with his back pocket full of sweeties (that someone else had put there when he wasn't looking of course!!!

lockyrulz

Juniors
hairy said:
Throw up! Nine stooges, mates and family sucking up to and trying to make the public feel sorry for the egotistical (ohh look at me I can play in the NSW cricket side whenever i want..) big headed gutless druggo.
Gould asks didn't his team and coach know... he should ask himself the same question seeing as he was his NSW coach once. talk about hipocritical
Then they had the nerve to say oh well Joey can put it all behind him now the hard part's over, good on him (wank, wank) oh how brave he was to do the interview and now he needs to go and tell the kids how bad drugs are etc etc.
Yikes! he'd be the last bloke I'd want hanging about the schoolyard with his back pocket full of sweeties (that someone else had put there when he wasn't looking of course!!!

Yep. Usual 'Knights Show' Pr/Bs machine in action.

And dont the kids love it.

Man oh man...

I am really surprised at how shocked Gould was.

Did anyone else think he stopped the interview mid way due to getting a touch emotional?

Johns is a fair dinkum goose...Just goes to show you dont protect players. No matter who they are.

Gene Krupa

Referee
parra-matters said:
That now makes the Knights 2 premierships tainted IMO.

How farktard? Just get over the fact that you lost the f**king game! It's been 7 years!

Oh and for the record, it was BK who you couldn't handle, he was the difference in the game. Go watch it again. Almost every Knights fan thinks BK should have got the MOM in that game!

McCrud

Juniors
hairy said:
Great first post mate. Could not agree more.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
International RL said:
Man oh man...

I am really surprised at how shocked Gould was.

Did anyone else think he stopped the interview mid way due to getting a touch emotional?

Johns is a fair dinkum goose...Just goes to show you dont protect players. No matter who they are.

Yep, thought at one stage Gould was about to burst into tears. Obviously he didn't expect for Johns to come out with this sh*t as it took him by shock.

icewind

Juniors
hairy said:

well, from Gould's reaction I think its pretty clear he didn't know. :roll:

hairy

Juniors
thanks le kook

boy those broncs can run!

Angry_eel

First Grade
it totally changed my idea about him. Possibly because im relatively knew to Rugby league. I always thought of him as a bastard on the field(he was too good) but a family man off the field.

Today it felt like he was 22, not married and hittin the clubs with ecstacy.

I mean i never heard about him being a drug taker or anything so i thought he must be clean.

Was it me or did he look like he was a bit drunk. It could be pressure but he just looked a bit f**ked.

perverse

Referee
Angry_eel said:
it totally changed my idea about him. Possibly because im relatively knew to Rugby league. I always thought of him as a bastard on the field(he was too good) but a family man off the field.

Today it felt like he was 22, not married and hittin the clubs with ecstacy.

I mean i never heard about him being a drug taker or anything so i thought he must be clean.

Was it me or did he look like he was a bit drunk. It could be pressure but he just looked a bit f**ked.
he said he hadn't slept or eaten in days (totally understandable and believable).. i certainly wouldn't be looking my best after that either.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
langpark said:
Is that true that ecstasy can be out of your system in 3 days? I could have sworn i remembered hearing a drug expert once saying most drugs are tracable in your system for 6 months.

dunno if its been answered... but its usually 1-2 days, max being 3 ofcourse. Other drugs like Marijuana and Cocaine take close to a month (probably why Craig Field was caught so easily)