What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey or Thurston, who is GOAT?

Big Pete

Referee
I can't see how someone would put Locky ahead of JT, in what way exactly? Locky was a clutch player but JT took that to the next level.

I'd imagine it's because Lockyer played with patience through out his career, whereas JT had to overcome his tendancy to overplay. JT wasn't afraid of rolling the dice, that was his greatest asset, but there was a time where the pressure would get to him and when he needed to step up, he'd stumble. So that fluctuation could hinder JT's case, as well as Lockyer's profile as Queensland and Australian captain while JT played.

Personally I consider them both elite talents, and really enjoyed watching them both run round.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
I'd imagine it's because Lockyer played with patience through out his career, whereas JT had to overcome his tendancy to overplay. JT wasn't afraid of rolling the dice, that was his greatest asset, but there was a time where the pressure would get to him and when he needed to step up, he'd stumble. So that fluctuation could hinder JT's case, as well as Lockyer's profile as Queensland and Australian captain while JT played.

Personally I consider them both elite talents, and really enjoyed watching them both run round.

Your description is the very reason they complemented each other so much at rep footy.

Knight Vision

First Grade
not a real good drill to compare the 2 IMO.

It should be a more of a dummy half/hooker style contest, Joey was the master of this position for the Kangarooos........
indeed, further highlights the vast difference between the skill set of both players.

Latest posts