What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey to go to Warrington

Gaz_E

Juniors
Warrington are currently in 4th place in SL and looking to do well in the play-offs (semi finals as you boys call them). We've been doing pretty well this season but just lack that little bit extra that the top clubs (Leeds & St Helens) have. I'm guessing we're looking at one huge big push with the signing of Joey.

I've seen Joey take GB apart a couple of time before, but too see him pull on the Primrose and Blue of Warrington will be a whole different thing. We're probably paying a kings ransom to bring him over for what could be 6 games (wins hopefully), but i'm certain it'll be worth every penny. I'm expecting to see sold out signs at the HJ when he's here (we'll get a load of neutrals turning up to watch) as he'll be a massive draw.

I'm double happy we're got the best player on the planet playing for us soon, if only for a short while. The impact he'll have on the current squad can't be measured, he'll improve every one of them for sure.

Cheers boys.

Gaz_E

Juniors
At the minute we've got Henry Fa'afili, Brent Grose, Nathan Wood, Chris Leikvoll, Danny Lima, Graham Appo and Logan Swann.Out of these i'd say Grose has been the best this season (converted to full-back, looks a natural now). Fa'afili is our top try scorer, with 18 i think. Swann and Leikvoll are solid consistent players (tackle all day, do their share). Nathan Wood has shown in fits and starts, Lima is and impact player that offer little in defense but takes some putting down, and Appo has been rubbish.

We've got Michael Sullivan and Paul Rauhihi coming over next season in place of Nathan Wood and Graham Appo. Grose is the only other player that counts on the overseas. Swann, Lima, and Fa'afili are Kolpak players, while Leikvoll has either english parents or grand parents.

MrCharisma

Bench
What an awesome idea... I hope Joey takes up the oppunitity and cuts sick... not too much and knocks out Bradford or Saints :p

I guess the big thing is not to get injured in the process...

Gaz_E

Juniors
bluesbreaker said:
Can you post the whole line up for us (if it's not too much trouble), mate?

No worries

The squad is as follows
1. Brent Grose
2. Henry Fa'afili
3. Martin Gleeson
4. Toa Kohe-Love
5. Dean Gaskell
6. Lee Briers
7. Nathan Wood
8. Chris Leikvoll
9. John Clarke
10. Mark Hilton
11. Logan Swann
12. Mike Wainwright
13. Paul Noone
14. Mark Gleeson (hooker)
15. Ben Westwood 2nd row/Loose fwd)
16. Paul Wood (prop/second row)
17. Danny Lima (prop)
18. Graham Appo (utility back)
19. Darryl Cardiss (FB, wing)
20. Warren Stevens (prop, on loan at Leigh for the season)
21. Simon Grix (5/8 / loose fwd)
22. Steve Pickersgill (prop/2nd row)
23. Andy Bracek (2nd row)
25. Chris Bridge (5/8 / half back)

Out of them the normal line up is (1)Grose, (2)Fa'afili, (3) Martin Gleeson, (4)Kohe-Love, (5)Gaskell/Bridge/Appo, (6)Briers, (7)Wood/Bridge, (8)Leikvoll, (9)Clarke, (10)Hilton, (11)Swann, (12)Wainwright, (13)Westwood. Interchanges noramlly being Lima, P.Wood, Mark Gleeson, and Chris Bridge/Appo/Noone.

Joey will improve this lot no end, and i can't wait to see him combining with Lee Briers in the halves. Joey will also help develop Bridge, who has some awesome raw talent that needs bringing out and refining more.

JasonE

Bench
Chris Bridge is probably the most gifted player in England so playing with Joey could be the making of him.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
You lot are dreamers. Johns may make an impact, but Warrington won't win the Grand Final.

Besides he can't even play in it, unless he retires from playing for Australia as the match happens to be on the same day NZ v Aus occurs in the Tri-Nations.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Joey should be able to lead that team to a grand final. Some good forwards there, a world class centre in Grose, and working with Briers (the man who almost lead Wales to an upset win over Australia in the 2000 WC semi) and the like will make for a damn lethal outfit.

I'll be cheering on Warrington in the finals this year

Kazaf

Juniors
Good to see him with Newcastle, but lets hope he wont get a big injury which will stop him from playing a whole season of footy!
Hope after the plays in the ESL he gets even BETTER!!!
Regain his fitness!!
and be superman for us next season!

ESL - Wire

Juniors
Thanks for the support guys, it was great having Langer come over but Johns is just fantastic, especially the form he has been showing this season.

I know Saints will be gutted.

Our team will be even better next year as we have included Rauhihi to the forwards and have signed Sully from Cronulla, we have been rumoured to be signing Reardon who is excellent at full back and i would say he's the best we have over here who the Aussie would be impressed with....a lot better than Wellens.
Also there is Meli too who we are rumoured with but i hope we get Reardon.

no1wolvesfan

Juniors
warrington arnt facing relegation were 3rd in the league n gonna win the play offs and the grand final wit andy johns in the team, we were also linked to meli (nz warriors)

rchick

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Warrington are facing relegation ( i think at least) and are interested in signing players who can keep them out of relegation this season. They are approaching NRL players who are unlikely to play the finals.

Not so have a look at the Super League Table
There are 6 games left before the playoffs (top 6 teams take part)
Engage Super League
Team P W D L F A Pts
Leeds 22 19 0 3 952 356 38
St Helens 22 18 1 3 754 471 37
Hull 22 13 2 7 586 496 28
Warrington 22 14 0 8 605 564 28
Bradford 22 12 1 9 731 580 25
London 22 10 2 10 653 560 22
Wigan 22 9 0 13 510 576 18
Huddersfield 22 9 0 13 524 637 18
Wakefield 22 9 0 13 598 786 18
Salford 22 8 0 14 420 570 16
Widnes 22 5 11 6 482 732 11
Leigh 22 2 1 19 371 858 5

rchick

Juniors
no1wolvesfan said:
warrington arnt facing relegation were 3rd in the league n gonna win the play offs and the grand final wit andy johns in the team, we were also linked to meli (nz warriors)

We are FOURTH

Latest posts