What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey - 'UP FOR GRABS'

shane1970

Juniors
That's the headline of a story from the Foxsports website.
It goes on to say that the Knights have yet to make Joey an offer after 2004 and haven't even apparently spoken to him about another contract for over 3 months.
It then goes on to say what options are avbailable to Joey if he doesn't re-sign and even Wendell gives Joey the nod of approval if he was ever to change codes (God help us).
Anyway I hope the Knights don;t waste too much time on this one as BK and Timana are also OFF contract at this years end. Here's hoping we sign the three of them to a few more years deal before too long so that they can all be settled about there future and really put in this year for the Club.

antonius

Coach
Well I wondered how long before the telecrap conjoured up another story about Johns. He's off contract this season, so it's obvious they are going to start talking it up. I don't think anyone can realistically expect anyone to sign anything until Johns sees how his fitness is going to hold up when he makes his return to the game. These stories are going to pop up all year, lets hope they don't have too much of a disruptive influence on our 2004 season. There are obviously some people who would be more than happy to see that happen. :shock:

Kaz

junior
shane1970 said:
It then goes on to say what options are avbailable to Joey if he doesn't re-sign and even Wendell gives Joey the nod of approval if he was ever to change codes (God help us).

And Union are going to listen to Wendall. :lol: :lol:

Wendall is another media tart, just wanting his name in the paper.

roopy

Referee
The telling fact about this story is that all the quotes come from his manager.

Managers love to talk up all the options their players have, because it gets people nervous and keen to negotiate.

Just like the rest of the Telegraph, this story isn't fit to use as toilet paper, let alone anything else.

Kaz

junior
It happens every time Joey's contract is up for renewal.

It happens to other players as well.

The Union is interested in him story is an old one.

Doogs used the same ploy a few years back. :lol:

Risa

Bench
Karen, they mentioned about Joey apparantely signing with the Broncos when he was off contract last time. We all know what a load of crap that was, but the Telegraph seem to bring it up again don't they?

Honestly, why would the Knights want to offer him an extended contract not knowing how he will get through the first couple of games this season after such a long layoff with injury? Give him a few games, if he's back to his best, sign him up!

northey

First Grade
when it happens it happens . there is nothing we can do about it. i am very sure andrew does not want to leave the knights..
and the stuff about him wanting to play union... what happened to "people who play union are a bunch of w*****s." hummmm the telegraph can not make up their mind if andrew is going to play union or if he is not going....

Kaz

junior
Risa said:
Karen, they mentioned about Joey apparantely signing with the Broncos when he was off contract last time. We all know what a load of crap that was, but the Telegraph seem to bring it up again don't they?

What made me laugh about Joey going to the Broncos story, was people believed it. :lol:

The Broncos knew they were being used so they increased the contract knowing full well the Knights would then up their price.

I hope they mention the Broncos again, we will increase it so the Knights have to pay $100,000 more instead of only $75,000 last time. :D

thuganomics

Coach
I truly think JOey will stay, mainly because he belongs in Newcastle and im sure he wont chuck it all away!

Doctor

Bench
Just like the rest of the Telegraph, this story isn't fit to use as toilet paper, let alone anything else.

I agree wholehearedly.

The very mention of this sensationalist gutter-press newstainment makes my blood bubble.
The telegraph should do a deal with Sorbent Toilet Tissue to make their paper more anal-friendly so as to avoid the dreaded problems associated with rectal rashing.

Afterall, their readership is generally blue collar Western Sydney workers who need something to read during their 10-15 minute smoko. They generally don't care much for investigative pieces or anything that involves processing anything more than the first three paragraphs of the inverted pyramid.

Not to bag the blue collar people of Australia but only to say that the telegraph would be better suited to box-packing, chimney-fuel or toilet status when it comes to credible and intelligent discussion about relevant issues not conjured up by bored Tele journos.

The Godfather

Juniors
Watch out for the Roosters.

With Fittler and Ricketson apparently in their last season, they will be well placed to shell out the $$$$$$, regardless of how any court case goes.

antonius

Coach
The Godfather said:

With Fittler and Ricketson apparently in their last season, they will be well placed to shell out the $$$$$$, regardless of how any court case goes.
Well if I were the Roosters I wouldn't be holding my breath. Johns if he goes anywhere I would tip it'll be England, forget union, or another NRL club, it'll be the Knights again, or overseas. I wouldn't be surprised to see him give away rep stuff after next year and extend his NRL career by a couple more years with the Knights.

Kaz

junior
The Godfather said:

Well Joey can use the I am talking to the Roosters line.

He is running out of clubs to use. :D

princess plj

Juniors
well i guess we all have to wait and see what happnes. no use speculating now.....we still have heaps of time to do that....he has options about what do but also he has a child as well and that will also be a major factor in his decision i think

DE LIONCOURT

Juniors
as a devoted league,newcastle and joey fan it hurts me to say this but...

i would love to see a league great like joey convert to union and be a huge success.

he would seriously dominate their game and it would be a confirmation of leagues dominance in areas of skill and endurance.

He's a bit old to dominate Union. He'd walk-up and be a duel International easily, but I don't think there's much in that for Johns.

DE LIONCOURT

Juniors
hes not that old really-and even with injuries and age i think his skill and fitness level allow him to dominate less skilled,weaker union opponents.

:twisted:

No doubt he's up to it, but he's got 2-3 years tops at either code, I don't think that's enough time to dominate Union when a World Cup is still 3 and a bit years away. They'll need someone brought through sooner rather than later.

DE LIONCOURT

Juniors
i agree-world cup prob out of reach but would still be nice to see him run rings round the all blacks and the english a few times... ;-)

antonius

Coach
The news last night reported that the Knights are starting talks with both Johns and Kennedy in respect to their intentions after their current contracts run out.

Tell you what though they showed some footage of them training and Johns looked super fit.