What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Grant urges NRL to add a team in Ipswich/Logan

Vlad59

Juniors
For what it’s worth I had dinner with Grant about 12 years ago to discuss Tassie Rugby league . He wasn’t that interested in being there mind you but he did drop the fact he would get rid of two Sydney clubs if given half the chance. Great meal, terrific red wine, nice bloke and pretty much a waste of time for all of us.

Pippen94

First Grade
For what it’s worth I had dinner with Grant about 12 years ago to discuss Tassie Rugby league . He wasn’t that interested in being there mind you but he did drop the fact he would get rid of two Sydney clubs if given half the chance. Great meal, terrific red wine, nice bloke and pretty much a waste of time for all of us.

Tassie Rugby league is not a thing.

MugaB

Coach
Tassie Rugby league is not a thing.
You are a peice of work... you are,
Every state should be valued as possible expansion areas, this is where in 20 years time RL stays king, dismissing any area will just hurt our chances of future expansions, look at PVLs comments regarding Perth that magic round some 6-7 years ago, now we are thinking of putting bears there

Pippen94

First Grade
You are a peice of work... you are,
Every state should be valued as possible expansion areas, this is where in 20 years time RL stays king, dismissing any area will just hurt our chances of future expansions, look at PVLs comments regarding Perth that magic round some 6-7 years ago, now we are thinking of putting bears there

Tasmanian population is small & split geographically. AFL is king & potential for NRL is poor.
NRL direction is rightly focused overseas; Las Vegas, NZ, PNG, superleague. Streaming is future & they want reach greater than just a domestic product. Tasmania is a waste of resources with very little return.

MugaB

Coach
Tasmanian population is small & split geographically. AFL is king & potential for NRL is poor.
NRL direction is rightly focused overseas; Las Vegas, NZ, PNG, superleague. Streaming is future & they want reach greater than just a domestic product. Tasmania is a waste of resources with very little return.
Ok but belitting it gains nothing

Vlad59

Juniors
Ok but belitting it gains nothing
Tassie is the only State I wouldn’t bother with. NRL vic did some work down here 3-4 years ago and concluded that themselves I believe. I was involved and found it hard to get enthusiastic about it. As I understand it NRL SA falls under Victoria now and they’ve started progressing again this year after some shockers. Full men’s comp and three small junior comps. But a lot better than in the past.

MugaB

Coach
Tassie is the only State I wouldn’t bother with. NRL vic did some work down here 3-4 years ago and concluded that themselves I believe. I was involved and found it hard to get enthusiastic about it. As I understand it NRL SA falls under Victoria now and they’ve started progressing again this year after some shockers. Full men’s comp and three small junior comps. But a lot better than in the past.
Fair enough, but its not worth pissing in everyone pocket, if you don't need to, could easily move Sea Eagles there, if they ever got sold, or wanted out of sydney, (for some strange reason, maybe jealousy, after seeing bears prosper in a far away non RL state)
I'm sure your mate John Grant tried his best, before saint Peter saved everything and reverted us back into the 90s

Last edited:

İzmir Zaferi

Juniors
Dolphins should add South Queensland to their brand and start to branch out.

If they were to create a long term relationship with both Ipswich and Toowoomba, including direct player pathways, Dolphins logos on junior forms etc their profile is able to help eclipse challengers.

I am not actually against a third Brisbane option however there are more pressing opportunities, especially WA and NZ. (PNG could become a good player pool but at present this is all just political)

Pippen94

First Grade
Dolphins should add South Queensland to their brand and start to branch out.

If they were to create a long term relationship with both Ipswich and Toowoomba, including direct player pathways, Dolphins logos on junior forms etc their profile is able to help eclipse challengers.

I am not actually against a third Brisbane option however there are more pressing opportunities, especially WA and NZ. (PNG could become a good player pool but at present this is all just political)

Brisbane 3 will be more valuable to game than Perth. Tv wants Brisbane while Perth has no backers!!