What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Morris joins Wests Tigers for 3yrs

Spike said:
I don't see Morris as a quality halfback. He may pull off the occasional play in 80 minutes but his organisation and ablity to guide a side around the park leaves a lot to be said for. The Tigers should have seen what Matthew Head wanted before going after Morris.

was Matt Head given permission too talk too other clubs cause if he wasnt how would we ?

ucantseeme

Juniors
Tim Sheens knows what he's doing, he took a team tipped for the wooden spoon & coached them to a premiership.I am happy he signed with us.

Since the wheels have fallen off at Parra, why dont the Tigers pay out the remainder of his Parra contract & have him join us right away

No use saying at Parra, no happy ending there

cainen

Juniors
I think Morris is pretty under-rated. Always has a dig. Though never seen him play at half before.

Unrelated: Is Warren related to Shannon?

Mikonstomp

Juniors
cainen said:
I think Morris is pretty under-rated. Always has a dig. Though never seen him play at half before.

Unrelated: Is Warren related to Shannon?

I remember reading on the Tigers official forum that Warren is his father.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The only decent option left on the market.

I remain unconvinced, but will not judge him until the halfway mark next season. Obviously Sheens thinks he can fill the void left by Prince. We'll see.

Jono078

Referee
Mr Saab said:
I dont see the similarities, and i dont see John Morris as a 6 or 7.

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see, Mr Saab.

I think he will do ok for them in the Halves tbh.

cainen

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
His Did - but Shannon can play and will be a Wests Tiger for life, he is Hodgo's long term replacement.

Thanks kiwi ;)

I would be wrapping him up for good too if I were the Tigers.

Balmain_Boy

I'm very unsure about this signing. It's 50/50 for mine - there's every chance it could work, but equally it may not.

I'm predicting Benji to really step up and show the League world what he can do - us Tigers fans don't even know to be honest. Next year he will be the dominant member of the halves partnership and is going to need to touched the ball a couple of times a set. I think he'll be kicking a bit more as well. It's going to be interesting times.

Overall I'm probably leaning close to happy than unhappy. Having a less dominant player like Morris at half might give Farah a chance to get more involved - he's been disappointing in recent weeks. It seems like he's smothered when both Prince and Marshall play. When Marshall is out he tends to play much better. His period of excellent form early in the season was during Marshall's time out.

glockers

Juniors
Remember we have a large group of young halves and hookers waiting a chance. Morris doesn't take up too much cap and provides a veteran.

You may end up seeing Morris play off the bench as a utility behind Chase, Caldwell, Nowland, Flanagan etc.

I'm not too worried, also we tend to forget that Morris at the knights played fullback, winger and centre. The guy is extremely versatile and can play multiple positions.

aids

Bench
i just saw an article posted on our forums.
Morris said he was dissapointed with the way parra are holding contract talks.
and mentions they it looks like they've missed out Lyons'.

how many other parra players are off contract at the moment?

Big Mick

Referee
Hope Afamasanga travels to Penrith. I really rate that guy. He's a potential game breaker.

Its a good signing for the Tigers.

He's brilliant defensively, something Scott Prince isn't. His job will just be to feed Benji the ball, something he is more than capable of doing.

I get the feeling Farah may switch to halfback but with Morris in hooker.

Latest posts