What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JOHN MORRIS ON THE INTERCHANGE BENCH....

Chipmunk

Coach
If that statement doesnt just sum up the whole season then I dont know what does.

Was Morris really on the interchange bench??? Please pinch me....I am dreaming arent I???

This is a team playing dumb football, with a stupid game plan with players that seem to be unorganised nearly all time.

Like it was 0-18 with Morris off the field and the game pretty much gone and 20 to 6 with him on the field.

SOMEONE SHOULD GET SACKED FOR THIS DECISION AND THIS DECISION ALONE.

Can someone please let me in to the secret that was behind this move??? There has to be some logically explanation surely.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Morris has easily been one of our best players this year.....why the hell would you put him on the bench??

It's like John Howard having a week off and Mark Latham being put into the fray.

eelusive

Juniors
its sure a dumb thing to do by putting one of the best performers for parra on the bench just before half time until he came on, seeing north qld leading 0-20 for the first half thought that was it for parra.. and i did not see a sign of thorman on the 2nd half.. what a waste of space bringing him into todays side

Ron Jeremy

Coach
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Misty you know that Warren de Martini from Ratt is a gem on the guitar.....it would be like Eddie Van halen benched for Kurt Cobain

half

Coach
completely wack

if morris is fit he should play 80 minutes a game

if he's not he shouldn't play at all. well not this early in the season anyway

leaving him on the bench makes no sense. i can understand smithy wanting to give thorman a go, but that should not be at the expense of morris. in conclusion, wagon sux

eelsta

Bench
half said:
completely wack

if morris is fit he should play 80 minutes a game

if he's not he shouldn't play at all. well not this early in the season anyway

leaving him on the bench makes no sense. i can understand smithy wanting to give thorman a go, but that should not be at the expense of morris. in conclusion, wagon sux
how about we give witt a go :?: :?: :?:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Every one has been screaming about Thorman not getting a go.

He got a run last night and everyone is still screaming.

IF you understand the Smith logic, which unfortunatley I do, he will play Thorman for 3 or 4 weeks to give him a fair go. He played first and second reciever, so don't take too much notice of the fact that he packed down in the scrum.

Some one had to give way for Thorman, so BS voluntered Morris. There was also talk during the week of Morris being injured, if that was the case, he should not have played, but he looked OK.

BS will never move his son in law from 5/8 regardless of how logic that move may be. Teacher's second best pet is Dykes, so where else was Thorman going to get a run.

Thorman will get his 3 or 4 weeks then probably Witt, and then he will deciede where we go from there.

Normally that would mean decieding who will play where in the finals, but we wont make them at this rate, so it could be another wasted year.

There is trouble in paradise, when first grade players drop the ball and bomb 3 tries in one nite. Regardless of their skill level, all first grade players can catch and pass. So why can't the Eels ?

Looks like Caylo may get about a months holiday, so the son in law will now be captain. Hope we don't have any more golden point games, he may have to think.

I cant see any reason why we can expect things to turn around. We now have to start playing the top teams.

strider

Post Whore
I might also remind everyone that some of the experts here pointed out that Johny Morris "had his worst game of the year" last week.

Was that part of him starting on the bench? Yeah, I heard about possible injuries too - but looked ok when he came on??? As you say, Dykes and Morris are the play makers, which is what Thorman is, so one has to make way.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
John Morris should never ever start from the bench. He does so much for Parra and we needed him in that first 20.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Correct, Thorman could have played halfback for a while, Dykes was ordinary.

This is the problem with the one "first reciever game plan", with Wags at 5/8 everything depends on Dykes.

If Dykes is ordinary, we have no attack.

New game plan required Brian.

Parraren

Bench
One question. Why should Morris have to make way for Thorman? This is just ridiculous people. Why are some of you following the line that we must only have 2 playmakers on the park at any one time? I think it's crap. It's a Brian Smith brain explosion that so far has failed and will continue to fail. Get a real 5/8 in the side and stop piss farting around with this 2 locks rubbish. I've had enough of it.

Eelectrica

Referee
since 2 locks isn't working so we obviously need to remove Dykes and have a 3rd lock. If only we had a key.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Thorman was defiantely out of position at hooker and Morris should have been there regardless. I guess it is reallt getting to the time when we need a second reciever that can spread the ball.

Parraren

Bench
since 2 locks isn't working so we obviously need to remove Dykes and have a 3rd lock. If only we had a key.

:lol: That is gold! :lol:

Next weeks side?

6. Wagon
7. Widders
13. Muspratt

:lol: