What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Sutton

Bumble

First Grade
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Sutton will never reach his full potential at Souths. Sad but true.

Typical Rooster arrogance.

Sutton will never play for another NRL club...and he won't need to. He'll be guiding us to 21...and 22...and 23...and..

OVP

Coach
sunny said:
Love the sig Big Bunny!

Yeah so do I.

Lacklustre corporate support and financial losses. Hilarious. I think he's talking about his own club, the old boys club, there.

Bumble said:
Typical Rooster arrogance.

Sutton will never play for another NRL club...and he won't need to. He'll be guiding us to 21...and 22...and 23...and..
I was dissapointed when Joe Williams left the Roosters but I was glad he went to the Bunnies cause they needed a halfback. Judging by his games I think few would argue that he had the potential. Quite talented but where is he now? Has he improved since leaving the Roosters?

Sutton is big, tries hard and has the ability to outshine any other Bunny on the field. What the club does with that ability is their responsibility. I just can't see it happening with the existing coaching staff.

Souths should go all out and get John Lang. I'm sure McRae is a top bloke but I'm not convinced he can take Souths to the next level.

BTW... Although you may think I'm arrogant, which I'm not. At least I don't live in denial.

Mr Saab

Referee
Tigers fans (some) are becoming like Knights fans...they have to mention their "star" player in every thread when it has sweet F all to do with those players.

Simon Says...sorry, but you are tosser.
I quote "If I was coach at Souths,I would be telling him to forget trying to be like Benji and play like Sutton".
What indications are there that Sutts is trying to be like Benji? They are so different in playing styles it is not funny. You would make a great coach...not.
As for pressure? what pressure? Souths have done nothing since 1989. IF Sutton fails ( i hope not) then he wont be copping it in the media or by the fans. Souths have basically become used to losing...sad as it might be.
They have had great "hopes" in the past with craig field, willie peters, joe williams.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
I was dissapointed when Joe Williams left the Roosters but I was glad he went to the Bunnies cause they needed a halfback. Judging by his games I think few would argue that he had the potential. Quite talented but where is he now? Has he improved since leaving the Roosters?

Sutton is big, tries hard and has the ability to outshine any other Bunny on the field. What the club does with that ability is their responsibility. I just can't see it happening with the existing coaching staff.

Souths should go all out and get John Lang. I'm sure McRae is a top bloke but I'm not convinced he can take Souths to the next level.

BTW... Although you may think I'm arrogant, which I'm not. At least I don't live in denial.

biggest load of bull cr#p i have read!
mcrae has taken the club nothing but up the ladder! he has recruited quite well! he has also put faith in his younger bunnies and its working!
sure they lost on the weekend but they will be competitive this year!
apparently joe williams tore apart PL other day!

The Roosters game was the first time I've seen Sutton play (thank you BigPond for killing my need to watch Channel 9 and pay for Foxtel) and while he did look average, you can tell that there's something about him that sets him apart from the other guys on that team.

While I hate Souths as much as any other good Roosters fan, I'm going to disagree and say that Souths is the right place for him. If any youngster is going to build up a reputation and get some good game experience, it's best to do it at an awful club that constantly loses. It's not every day a guy aged 21 or whatever gets to be "the man" on a team, playing for Souths will just strengthen his resolve hopefully. He'll experience mass pressure and losing early on, and if he gets through it unscathed he'll come out a great player.

simon says

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Tigers fans (some) are becoming like Knights fans...they have to mention their "star" player in every thread when it has sweet F all to do with those players.

Simon Says...sorry, but you are tosser.
I quote "If I was coach at Souths,I would be telling him to forget trying to be like Benji and play like Sutton".
What indications are there that Sutts is trying to be like Benji? They are so different in playing styles it is not funny. You would make a great coach...not.
As for pressure? what pressure? Souths have done nothing since 1989. IF Sutton fails ( i hope not) then he wont be copping it in the media or by the fans. Souths have basically become used to losing...sad as it might be.
They have had great "hopes" in the past with craig field, willie peters, joe williams.

Yeah,there is no pressure on Souths......Im sure if they keep getting the spoon for a few more years that there wont be a tap on the shoulder and bye bye letter.:lol:

On Bunji......Ill explain one more time for the dummies,I used him as an example of what I think Sutton shouldnt be trying to do,thats passing the ball before the line.....he is a good runner,like Anasta,not flashy like Bunji.All thses players are number 6's......see the connection,they have a 6 on their back.:lol:

Just for you Saab,next time I try to make that point Ill mention Lockyer so I dont offend you.:lol:

Although the way the Broncs are goin atm maybe I shouldnt mention them,9 in a row isnt it.........???:lol:

sooperdooper

First Grade
simon says said:
Yeah,there is no pressure on Souths......Im sure if they keep getting the spoon for a few more years that there wont be a tap on the shoulder and bye bye letter.:lol:

On Bunji......Ill explain one more time for the dummies,I used him as an example of what I think Sutton shouldnt be trying to do,thats passing the ball before the line.....he is a good runner,like Anasta,not flashy like Bunji.All thses players are number 6's......see the connection,they have a 6 on their back.:lol:

Just for you Saab,next time I try to make that point Ill mention Lockyer so I dont offend you.:lol:

Although the way the Broncs are goin atm maybe I shouldnt mention them,9 in a row isnt it.........???:lol:

your a total tool!
his name is benji, benji marshall not bunji!
there is more pressure on marshall than on sutton!
see the thing is, they wont win the spoon! they are on the climb

simon says

First Grade
sooperdooper said:
his name is benji, benji marshall not bunji!
there is more pressure on marshall than on sutton!
see the thing is, they wont win the spoon! they are on the climb

Thanks for the spelling lesson,but I like Bunji.

And I dont see how there is more pressure on him???Sutton is playing for a team that is playing for its existence.....Bunji plays for the premiers,with plenty of talent around him.

Sutton really is their only playmaker.......IMO he has a lot of pressure on him to perform and post haste.

sooperdooper said:
biggest load of bull cr#p i have read!
mcrae has taken the club nothing but up the ladder! he has recruited quite well! he has also put faith in his younger bunnies and its working!
sure they lost on the weekend but they will be competitive this year!
apparently joe williams tore apart PL other day!
You know, when you inherit a team which has come last there really is only one way to go.

I don't have anything against McRae. He can only do with what he has. My point is the environment at which Sutton is in at the moment is not condusive to furthering his skills.

Yes, I do know that Joe Williams tore apart PL. That's my point. What's he doing in PL? Surely he is better than Walker?

As for recruitment. Didn't they miss out on Anasta & Orford? Face it, they can't attract any players of note.

Sure they will be competative. All teams will be. Fairytales do happen. But they cannot be compared to the likes of the Cowboys or the Tigers.

Mr Saab

Referee
simon says said:

no need to mention any player you pathetic f**king piece of road kill.
You are f**k wit...simple simon..simple farkwit.

simon says

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
no need to mention any player you pathetic f**king piece of road kill.
You are f**k wit...simple simon..simple farkwit.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there a doctor in the house????

Mr Saab

Referee
Always a worry when you laugh at your own jokes.
Is that you Rove McManus?
You are simpleton with about as much league knowledge as Jessica Simpson

simon says

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
You are simpleton with about as much league knowledge as Jessica Simpson

Keep your predictions coming in Saab......youve got nothing as usual.

Are you my stalker now???Its nice to know someone is watching......:lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Keep the benji comparissons coming.
I look forward to round 2 when you say "Nathan Hindmarsh should play his own game and not play like my Benji"
Enjoy Daniel Fitzhenry at 5/8 for 6 weeks. Should be fun.

simon says

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Enjoy Daniel Fitzhenry at 5/8 for 6 weeks. Should be fun.

Im going to......I think he has improved a lot over the last 6 moths and will give it a really good go.More importantly,we are more than a one man team(sound familiar???).

Guess we will just have to wait and see,but IMO the Tigers are more than Bunji.

Mr Saab

Referee
yeah, sure you are.
How well did they go vs the Bulls in the WCC? Tigers looked good didnt they!
Fitzhenry is as much a 5/8 as what you are a league expert.

sooperdooper

First Grade
simon says said:
Thanks for the spelling lesson,but I like Bunji.

And I dont see how there is more pressure on him???Sutton is playing for a team that is playing for its existence.....Bunji plays for the premiers,with plenty of talent around him.

Sutton really is their only playmaker.......IMO he has a lot of pressure on him to perform and post haste.
im sure he really likes his name to be changed!
good supporter you are :) souths are not playing for existence, tigers are though! West tigers been round for how long?
you need to realise your club was nothing until the season before last!
sutton has talent in him, and around!
less pressure on a losing side than a winning one