What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns blasts "hopeless" Knights

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Andrew 'Joey' Johns Slams Newcastle Knights

Andrew Johns has let rip at Wayne Bennett's Newcastle Knights on Triple M's The Rush Hour saying their Titans loss was "painful to watch".

"They [the crowd] should get their money back. It was disgraceful, the game. They lacked enthusiasm, they lacked commitment. They were inept."

The former Knights' player continued "they've just got no confidence, and their attack is so boring and their big name players just aren't performing. They are going dreadful."

Joey's outburst comes as Wayne Bennett said he was "embarrassed" by the team's performance in their 10-point loss to the Titans.
When challenged by co-host Dan Ginnane on the Knights "lacking commitment" Joey had this to say.

"I'll say it again, they lacked commitment, they lacked enthusiasm. They were hopeless. Their defence, their speed coming off the line - it wasn't there," Joey continued.

Joey says this week doesn't get any better for the Knights who play the Broncos away who are coming off a loss with a long turn around to prepare.
LINK

He should have said the 2005 spoon side played with more heart. They did. Even Reyno would give more heart than this feeble bunch. Reyno was crap but he never stopped trying.

perverse

Referee
it almost seems like the order has gone out to give the boys a serve. one that they really deserve after that last performance. it was pathetic.

could galvanize the boys, or it could make them crumble. it should separate the true pea hearts from those that want to be there. either way, Joey is just shooting straight from the hip there. he didn't say anything that wasn't 100% true.

Big Tim

First Grade
it almost seems like the order has gone out to give the boys a serve. one that they really deserve after that last performance. it was pathetic.

could galvanize the boys, or it could make them crumble. it should separate the true pea hearts from those that want to be there. either way, Joey is just shooting straight from the hip there. he didn't say anything that wasn't 100% true.

Exactly.

I dont expect results, or flogging teams. But I do expect a professional attitude and a willingness to compete for the club and its fans.

aqua_duck

Coach
Joey pretty much just said the same things as we were all saying on Saturday night after the game

Misanthrope

Staff member
I was at virtually every game of the 2005 season and I can say with 100% confidence that they tried harder (and looked better) than we have of late. A lot of those losses were absolutely heart-breaking to watch because we were trying our guts out.

These losses are hard to watch because we have a side that, on paper, should be a top eight contender and instead looks like it wouldn't mind having a second wooden spoon.

Fire

First Grade
Joey could bring this team together, it'll only take one bonding session.

Tinks needs to give Joey the company credit card. Joey brings the team down to Sydney. They drink lots of piss, snort lots of coke, and f**k lots of hookers. Go back up to Uncle Wayne and they'll be a close-knit mob wanting to play for one another.

Simple as that.

Big Tim

First Grade
Joey could bring this team together, it'll only take one bonding session.

Tinks needs to give Joey the company credit card. Joey brings the team down to Sydney. They drink lots of piss, snort lots of coke, and f**k lots of hookers. Go back up to Uncle Wayne and they'll be a close-knit mob wanting to play for one another.

Simple as that.

Thats what I said, though I think locking them in Hunter stadium would be safer for themselves, and the public.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I was at virtually every game of the 2005 season and I can say with 100% confidence that they tried harder (and looked better) than we have of late. A lot of those losses were absolutely heart-breaking to watch because we were trying our guts out.

These losses are hard to watch because we have a side that, on paper, should be a top eight contender and instead looks like it wouldn't mind having a second wooden spoon.

Well said. 2005 we lacked ability but had all the heart in the world.

2012 we have enough ability to win football games but that Novocastrian spirit our club was famous for is almost non-existent in this playing group. It retired along with Mad Dog. We need to resurrect it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
They don't need a bonding session. They need a leader.

Pull on the boots, you bastard, Joey.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The playing group pulled it together once this year, against the Dogs. What was different about that game and the lead up? Why has it all gone to shit?

Latest posts