What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

johns "im so hungry"

Preniers

Juniors
I'm just waiting for reg to talk about how this new 'diet' may force him to lose some weight on that barge-ass of his.

Stranger

Coach
I'm just waiting for reg to talk about how this new 'diet' may force him to lose some weight on that barge-ass of his.
Could you do us a favour and hold ur breath while you wait?

hrundi99

First Grade
He should get a roast blended for him.

At least you can enjoy the taste.

My brother had one when he had his wisdom teeth out.

Knight76

Juniors
The trick is to slow cook a roast then blend it up. the slow cooking makes the meat tender as. Then just blend it easily and drink.

iggy plop

First Grade
knights 2004 said:
haha, that was funny, on the footy show.
he cant eat solids, ahahahahahha

How is that interview with Andrew Johns an 'exculisve'

He's been interviewed all bloody week and asked the same questions.

Why don't they concentrate on building the profile of some other players for a change.

coolumsharkie

Referee
iggy plop said:
knights 2004 said:

Why don't they concentrate on building the profile of some other players for a change.

Too f**ken right !!!

Mr Saab

Referee
iggy plop said:
knights 2004 said:

they have to get their monesys worth out of him. Ch9 were the ones that paid him a motza so that he didnt go to union.
Hmmm, but when Lote, Rogers and Sailor (qldrs) said they were going to union the league didnt try and stop them...funny that.
I couldnt give a sh!t about johns...the sooner he retires the better the game will be.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
I couldnt give a sh!t about johns...the sooner he retires the better the game will be.

Surely you cannot believe that Charlie? Yes, there will always being new talent coming into the game to replace the greats from yesterday though Andrew Johns is a once in a lifetime player who we as Rugby League fans are privledged to have seen in his prime.

The irony here is this, IF the NRL did not step in and ensure we kept in Andrew Johns in Rugby League, they would be bagged for once again letting go a former NSW and Test player to the "dark side". Today, they did what was right and kept Johns in the code and yet are continually bagged for not attempting keep Lote, Sailor and Rogers? Is is unreasonable to think perhaps they learnt their lesson on letting a guy like Lote go in which they were not going to chance losing our one time show piece? I think so though in the same sentence I would not envisage the NRL throwing a lifeline to every NRL player who perhaps is contemplating Rugby. That would not be a sound "business decision" if you will.

As for the injury to Johns, it is not as bad as first thought. When O'Meley broke his jaw (he had it wired) he was not able to put together two words (admittedly he was more coherent than Mark Geyer) and lost alot of weight. Johns on the other hand is able to talk and will have more options food wise than Mark did. Where Mark was reduced to attempting to blend a steak to keep his weight up, Johns will be able to endure some softer foods with the normal untensils and not a straw.

Good to see his spirits are still up.

p.s. Andrew Johns is a player that people want to hear about and hear from, it makes perfect sense that CH9 are going to 'flog this deadhorse' as the general RL public want to listen to Johns in comparison to say Chris Hicks (no disrespect to Hicks there) as he is one of our greats. I, like the majority here, would like to learn more about the "other" players running around the NRL though IMO it is necessary to continually get the "inside scoop" from the Lockyers, Slaters, SBWs etc. as they are the games best.

Johns was what Jordan was to basketball, Warne to cricket, Beckham to the EPL...individuals arguably the best at their chosen profession (Beckham is excluded there) who are also add glamour and intrigue to their sport such is their profile on a wider level. They sell merchandise, they put bums on seats and given the media something to talk about. Fans want to hear from them.

Mr Saab

Referee
Johns has not played 60% of the games played the past 3 yrs and the game has gone along just fine without him.In fact ratings and crowds are at an all time high and have surpassed the "tina turner" era.
Johns is not the marquee player Jordan was to the NBA.
When Jordan left basketball the 2nd time after 1997/8 the ratings went down across america...and stayed that way for a while. It was only last yr that the NBA showed signs of life.
The game let sailor go, thats fine, but then they didnt learn their lesson when Lote decided to jump ship too.
The administrators of the game are reactive and proactive...thats a bad admin.

ibeme

First Grade
I had my jaw fastened shut for about three weeks last year after surgery, so I feel his frustration. At least he can use cuttlery to eat. I had to use a syringe.

HINT: Don't attempt to purify lasagna. There's something lost in the texture and it, as most things do in that form, tastes like vomit.

You get sick of soup. Mashed potato and pumpkin was about the only thing I didn't get sick of.

I lost about 7kg over those three weeks.