What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

johns "im so hungry"

JJ

Immortal
he's not the only great half of the last 30 years, but he's arguably the best, and CERTAINLY the most complete...

RABK

Referee
The ways some of you knights fans carry on its like Johns is the only great halfback the past 30 yrs. Johns put the air into footballs, johns created grass, johns built the grandstand....give me a f**king break.

The way some of you go on it's like he has achieved nothing. Love him or hate him he will go down as the greatest halfback of all time.

Why?

Because you can compare so many halfbacks to Johns in 10 categorys but he will still beat them all in 8/10 of them.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Did Ricky Stuart tackle the way Joey does??? Not as far as Im aware. Did Langer tackle the way Joey does??? No I dont think so either, unless he tripped them :lol: :lol: Who started with the banana kicks? I think Joey did that as well. And now look, Orford and Slater hav taken that idea and combine fantastically. I just think that some Queenslanders only hate Joey because u wanted him playing for ur state.

Mr Saab

Referee
Jobdog how old are you?
Ricky stuart used to banana kick all the time for the raiders. Asi said, some on here are either blind or stupid.
Johns DID NOT invent kicking...yes he has a great kicking game, but he didnt event all the kicks of today.
Johns can tackle well yes, but look what that has done for him in recent times.
I would rather limit my star halfbacks defensive roll and save him for attack...thats there job.
Ricky Stuart....4 GFs...3 wins
Langer....4 GFs...4 wins.

RABK

Referee

Care for a dally m count? That's a real judgment of players individually. Premierships are one by a team not an individual. :idea:

Mr Saab

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
The way some of you go on it's like he has achieved nothing. Love him or hate him he will go down as the greatest halfback of all time.

Why?

Because you can compare so many halfbacks to Johns in 10 categorys but he will still beat them all in 8/10 of them.

no quesiton he will be one of the greats, i am not questioning that.
I am just sick of how people see him as GOD.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
That is what sets him apart from the likes of Stuart and Langer. Its his defence, to be a COMPLETE footballer u need to have the COMPLETE package. No denying that Stuart and Langer were no doubt very good footballers, but they, as others have said on here, were not the COMPLETE package. To fall into the category of "all time greats", u need to be able to do EVERYTHING, do u not ?????????

Mr Saab

Referee

Care for a dally m count? That's a real judgment of players individually. Premierships are one by a team not an individual. :idea:

dont start will DALLY Ms....they are a farce.
Look at friday night...dogs vs the chooks. Minichello has a blinder yet he gets no points. J O K E.
Best way of looking at it is the Rugby LEague Week awards. Each player gets a rating...0-10. With Dally Ms only 3 players get points.
Brisbane vs Storm...storm smash brisbane and have 6 standouts or more, yet only 3 poll points.
Dally Ms have ZERO meaning to me.

RABK

Referee

Absolute shit, that is said in jest. 95% of the Johns topics/arguments are started by di*kheads who bag him for no reason. We are in our right to defend him.

I respect the opinions of the Immortals more then i respect the opinions of some internet di*ks.

Mr Saab

Referee
Jobdog said:
That is what sets him apart from the likes of Stuart and Langer. Its his defence, to be a COMPLETE footballer u need to have the COMPLETE package. No denying that Stuart and Langer were no doubt very good footballers, but they, as others have said on here, were not the COMPLETE package. To fall into the category of "all time greats", u need to be able to do EVERYTHING, do u not ?????????

I would still rather have the combination of Daley and Stuart...and i am a staunch broncos supporter.
Stuart had all the attacking flair of Johns but wasnt the defensive "master" that people think johns is. I can live with that.

RABK

Referee

Of course they would. Because Lockyer will never see one.

It is what every player in the game strives to win and it is said to be the individual premiership. It means a damn lot.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:clap: :clap: Well said RABK, could not have said it better myself.
95% of the Johns topics/arguments are started by dickheads who bag him for no reason. We are in our right to defend him.

I respect the opinions of the Immortals more then i respect the opinions of some internet dicks.
This topic in itself is an example of that. How did we get onto the subject of joey being an all time great and people "being SO OVER him??" when originally it was going to be about how "funny" it was when he said he was "so hungry!!!!" Im not sure who started to bag him out about whether or not he is a great player or not, but im sure i could have a guess.
But didnt u know RABK that Dally M's MEAN NOTHING !!!! :roll: Fair dinkum if they dont mean anything, that will do me.

Mr Saab

Referee

Of course they would. Because Lockyer will never see one.

It is what every player in the game strives to win and it is said to be the individual premiership. It means a damn lot.

hahahahah Wally never won one, didnt hurt his standing in the game did it?...Lockyer prop wont win one, wont hurt his standing in the game whatsover. Does not bother me at all that Lockyer wotn win one. We all know his standing in the game. Australian captain, master of the fullback spot, and at present mastering 5/8.
Dally Ms....hmmmm. "I dont know who to give my points to, Joey played ok, i will give him 3 points" :roll:

Dally Ms :lol: :lol:

If Finch won the Dally M last yr ahead of Buderus would he be a better player than Lockyer for eg? I think not.

Johns can win all the Dally Ms he wants, he wont be winning any more comps.

JJ

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
Jobdog said:

I would still rather have the combination of Daley and Stuart...and i am a staunch broncos supporter.
Stuart had all the attacking flair of Johns but wasnt the defensive "master" that people think johns is. I can live with that.

personally I'd sooner have the Sterling Kenny combination...

But Johns is the best all-round half back for mine... Stuart's long kicking game was marginally better, and some would argue Langer's short kicking game was marinally better, and Sterlings feel for the game, Alexander's running etc etc etc..

But Charlie, Stuart's running game was not a patch on Johns', and Gower is the only one currently whose defence can be compared.

In any catergory you can think of, Johns would be in the top 2 or 3, the same can't be said for the others...

As for Stuart and Langer winning more GFs - look at the players around them, they didn't do it alone...

JJ

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
JJ...sterling and Langer are both halfbacks. Wouldnt work.

LMAO - multi-tasking, NVER WORKS - Sterling Kenny, of course

RABK

Referee
Johns can win all the Dally Ms he wants, he wont be winning any more comps.

Neither will lockyer. Your team is a joke post origin.

Dally Ms....hmmmm. "I dont know who to give my points to, Joey played ok, i will give him 3 points"
Proves your ignoarance. :lol:

hahahahah Wally never won one, didnt hurt his standing in the game did it?...
Wally did shit all at club level.

and at present mastering 5/8.
:lol: What getting steamrolled for 6 miss tackles a game. :lol:

Isn't a 5/8 supposed to be able to tackle? :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee

Absolute sh*t, that is said in jest. 95% of the Johns topics/arguments are started by di*kheads who bag him for no reason. We are in our right to defend him.

I respect the opinions of the Immortals more then i respect the opinions of some internet di*ks.

defend him all you like. I would expect you to as a knights supporter.
This is a message board, people have arguments. IF you want to agree with what everyone writes then pi$$ off and visit the knights website forum where you can worship Johns all you like with your fellow knights fans.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
hahahahah Wally never won one, didnt hurt his standing in the game did it?...Lockyer prop wont win one, wont hurt his standing in the game whatsover. Does not bother me at all that Lockyer wotn win one. We all know his standing in the game. Australian captain, master of the fullback spot, and at present mastering 5/8.
Ahh yes, Lockyer is a very good player, dont get me wrong, but he is only the Australian captain because Joey is injured. If Joey isnt injured, Lockyer isnt the captain.